It's A Girl: HRH Princess Leonore Lilian Maria of Sweden: February 20, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND HRH??? seriously? I can pass a duchy or even the title of princess, but HRH? HH would be enough,

I agree.

I have a question, if one day Leonor has a child, will this child also be a prince with a HRH?

I agree.

I have a question, if one day Leonor has a child, will this child also be a prince with a HRH?

Well, the king's solicitor said in September that since Madeleine is a HRH, her child will be also a HRH. If we follow the logic, also Leonore's child will be a HRH.:whistling:

Well, the king's solicitor said in September that since Madeleine is a HRH, her child will be also a HRH. If we follow the logic, also Leonore's child will be a HRH.:whistling:
Yes and that's why they will be Jordan II or worse. Soon every class in Sweden will have a prince or princess in the class.

I never doubted that the baby would have a title and I'm sure Prince Carl Philip's children will also be titled.

I never doubted that the baby would have a title and I'm sure Prince Carl Philip's children will also be titled.

Me either I would have been surprised if the little princess didn't have a title.

No In Sweden we spell Leonor without e at the end. That's wear both the King and the Marshall of the Realm did today

Take a look at the kungahuset website, the name of the newborn princess is Leonore - with e. Sorry for you.

well in portuguese Leonore is quite different from Leonor, even the way you pronounce it... and the surname does she have it?... Leonore Lilian Maria bernardotte o'neill?

well in portuguese Leonore is quite different from Leonor, even the way you pronounce it... and the surname does she have it?... Leonore Lilian Maria bernardotte o'neill?

I think that she doesn't have official surnames, Madeleine doesn't. But we will have to wait until she is put to the website.

There will be always just one Leonor for me ;) But I like that Madde included Lilian :)

Her name is written Leonore with e but it is spelled without e. That's how we say it in Sweden and that's what both the King and the Marshall of the realm did today too

I think you mean they pronounced it without e?

well in portuguese Leonore is quite different from Leonor, even the way you pronounce it...

Yes, "Leonore" doesn't sound right for a portuguese speaker, that's my opinion. I don't think it's a name used in the lusophone world. I'm familiar with "Leonor", "Eleonor" and "Eleonora", but never before I heard about a "Leonore".

From what I understood, we spell it as "Leonore" but we pronounce as "Leonor".

Why on earth they release the photo of this baby with the king and the queen, since there hasn't been released a similar one of their first grandchild, the heir to the throne?

And the name: Leonore, not good. Maria, very nice. Lilian, I would have hoped Madeleine wouldn't have used it. I'm disappointed that the girl got a HRH and a duchy. Soon their will be about 10 royal HRH-babies at the swedish royal family.

From the cabinet meeting
http://media.shootitlive.com/5dpCyclq2XU0BXq9l2mP5T2ex1R/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1352
http://media.shootitlive.com/5bkwtPSWfZCBBY6BgrfFEHWD27c/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1352
LadyFinn I TOTALLY agree, Leonore is a name that is so over done right now in European Royal families. I expected something different, there are so many beautiful regal names, why not choose something that hasn't been used to death. Thank Goodness M&F has some creativity on their children. We now have a (4) variations of Leonore within the next generation of royal babies. Oh well, guess its their child but darn, I was hoping so for something we haven't heard for a while:bang::bang:

We now have a (4) variations of Leonore within the next generation of royal babies. Oh well, guess its their child but darn, I was hoping so for something we haven't heard for a while:bang::bang:

I must confess I hope that, if they have a daughter, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will name her Eleanor. I really like this name. :lol:

I agree.

It is the King or the Queen regent who decides that. If we have a monarchy when/if Princess Leonore has children it is the King or Queen Victoria I who will have to take that decision

The HRH is a bit much. Suddenly titles are conferred matrilineally?? Leonore is too common now, unless they can lay claim to it being a family name. Lillian is not that surprising. Marie - also very very common.

We are so used to have only few members of the Swedish royal family and we know that won't be the case in the next generations. Only the monarch can decide what titles new members of the SRF will get and i think that as the King appears to want all of his grandchildren to be Prince/Princess and have a Duchy Victoria will probably have to cut the line when she is monarch. Something like a rule that only the grandchildren of a monarch who are not the immediate heir to the throne can be H.R.H and have a Duchy. If not we will have created a new form of nobility.

The HRH is a bit much. Suddenly titles are conferred matrilineally?? Leonore is too common now, unless they can lay claim to it being a family name. Lillian is not that surprising. Marie - also very very common.

Leonore is the french form of Eleonora and we have had 3 Queens with that name through the swedish history. Queen Ulrica Eleonora (the elder), Queen Ulrica Eleonora (the younger. She was Queen Regent for 1 year) and also Queen Hedvig Eleonora who as a Dowager Queen built Drottningholm Palace where Madeleine was born and brought up so many belives it is taken from her.

Titles can be passed through female lines in Sweden as we have primogeniture (cognatic succession)

I think Leonore is a lovely name, at least it has regal ring to it and has some royal province since several Queens and Princesses of Sweden were called Eleonora, and Gotland is beautiful place....anyone knows when the coats of arms and monogram will be released?

Also can the moderators perhaps create a current events and picture thread for the Princess Leonore?

Last edited:
Wise move by the SRF:flowers:. It's the best they can do for the time being, with only Estelle in 3rd generation. The new princess will enter the line of succession and the royal title and style come with the territory!

If it turns out that CPS. Victoria and Prince Carl-Philip each get several children Leonor could eventually be removed from the line of succession should her parents prefer to do so.

Viv

I like the name. I don't mind her having a name that has been used in Spain and Belgium. She will be niece of the future queen, not close to the throne. I hate when heirs have similar names. Leonore is quite a pretty and a nice way of using a traditional Swedish name, one of the four queens of Sweden who have reigned, but a variation for it. Surprised Sylvia or Victoria were not used, maybe the fifth name refers to a godmother's name being used, like Estelle has Mary, and it just hasn't been named. who knows.

With equal inheritance, doesn't matter if Chris has a title, she can inherit from her mother instead. I'd not be surprised if they did the same as Britain, where the children of Leonore will be HH. As a granddaughter of the king she got HRH, but a future generation being one more removed, would be HH.

What is with the thing that they are trying to keep this child in the order of succession? This girl will not be Queen, Victoria will probably have more children and Carl-Phillip as well when he gets married, seriously, even Chris didn't want any title, I don't get it.

AND HRH??? seriously? I can pass a duchy or even the title of princess, but HRH? HH would be enough, that way she will have the same title as Estelle and their positions are so diferent. Soon they will be like Jordan and have thousands and thousands of Princes and Princesses. Absurd.

Leonore, another disappoinment. Lilian Maria, I quite like them. I like better Leonor than Leonore, but it's boring and so used already.

This is a tad dramatic, don't you think? The current royal family is the king and queen, their three children, prince Daniel, and the two little princesses. Seven people - that is a TINY royal family. If V, CP, and M have 3 kids each, that is still only nine little princes or princesses - and I doubt they will all have that many.

I presume that they will stop at grandchildren of the monarch, like in Britain, even though that is not written into the Swedish laws. But even if they didn't, it would take more than a couple of generations to get to thousands of Princes and Princesses.

And I would argue that currently the succession rights of Princess Leonore IS important, because she is only the second of her generation. If/when Victoria and CP go on to have (more) children, it will become less important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom