The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure she'll have to relinquish any.

I agree that this child should have the right to choose her citizenship, and her destiny. I tend to think that the triple citizenship is ultimately more advantageous to someone who will most likely have to earn her own living than a title and/or a spot in the line of Swedish succession. But she ain't my kid, and it ain't my decision.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet met Carl Philip on Saturday night, he was excited to tell them about the happiness of his family:
- Both Sofia and I are really excited for my little sister and Chris . It's a strange but totally awesome feeling when your sisters get children.
Speaking of children. Are you thinking for own children yourselves?
- Sure, probably beginning to get a little hungry, but now I long to meet the new family member.
When will you see her ?
- We will wait to go down until there after first storm has subsided and hope to enjoy the company of the new family in peace.
The king and queen have already been allowed to meet their grandchild. Guess you're a little jealous. What have they said about her?
- Yes, but our turn will come. Mom and Dad wanted to obviously see her as soon as possible and when we spoke they gave the little girl a lot of accolades, she's very nice.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:07 AM
Serene Highness

Gosh, Madeleine is looking sensational, overwhelmed with joy!
Bye Bine
Old 02-23-2014, 03:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kait View Post
...Queen Maxima has dual citizenship since she kept her Argentinian citizenship.
Not to get too off topic, but I think the difference here is Argentina does not allow citizens to give up citizenship. US citizenship can be given up at any time.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
First photo - Princess Madeleine and Chris leaves hospital with the baby!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
this photo reminds me a lot of the pic of victoria and daniel leaving the hospital with little estelle :)
needless to say, madeleine looks superb and the picture shows one happy young family, which is beautiful to see!
can't wait to hear the name of the little one. i think it will have 'lilian' somewhere in it. :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-23-2014, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kait View Post
T
In an interesting side note, Queen Maxima has dual citizenship since she kept her Argentinian citizenship. I don't know if her daughters also have dual citizenship, but I doubt it. I found some articles claiming that Princess Beatrix has dual citizenship, but it seems more like she was eligible for British citizenship but never claimed it.
Queen Máxima had to keep her argentinian citizenship as Argentinia doesn't allow to rennounce a citizenship.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
IMO it could go either way!
I'm leaning towards Bernadotte O'Neill, but I won't bet on it .

viv

Bernadotte O'Neill sounds like a Gaelic/Irish Lords name
Old 02-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Majesty

the press conference:

Aftonbladet TV: Chris: "Jag är överväldigad just nu"

i think chris handled the press very well! it's nice how he did this alone, unaccompained by court personnel. it clearly means they trust him, the fact that he's on his own. he sounds relaxed and very normal and down to earth, like any dad would.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Chris before leaving the hospital!
Photobank : Christopher O'Neill smoking outside hospital in New York
Carl Gustav ans Silvia walking in NYhttp://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/document/14528088/exclusive-royal-swedish-couple-walking-in-central-park-new-york-14528088
Old 02-23-2014, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the surname. I didn't realize that Bernadotte was only the name of the family's Dynasty and not their last name too, that was interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
It's no longer done anymore, certainly not in the maternity units I have worked in. It's only done for stillbirths now.
I didn't realize it wasn't done over here anymore - thanks for the confirmation Molly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
First photo - Princess Madeleine and Chris leaves hospital with the baby!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Thanks for this. I wish we could get a close up of the little one's face. Madeleine is looking very well and happy!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-23-2014, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Annika Sönnerberg has confirmed to Expressen, that the cabinet meeting will be held next week.
– "It is true, the gathering is in Stockholm next week. It will be held on a working day. That is all the information we have now".
Old 02-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

To relinquish the US citizenship for the new baby would complicate the life for the whole family. You can not live on US soil without either being a citizen or have a permit, either temporary as for ex. a student or have a green card. To renounce your citizenship would make it almost impossible to get a green card.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm gonna put in a last minute name-bet
Lilian Ewa Silvia

..but i'm pretty sure i'm going to like any name they'll choose; as long as it's nothing from the 'Bob Geldof' or 'Jaime Oliver' ranges of child-names
Old 02-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
She weighs 3. 150 kilos
That is a perfectly normal weight
Old 02-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
To relinquish the US citizenship for the new baby would complicate the life for the whole family. You can not live on US soil without either being a citizen or have a permit, either temporary as for ex. a student or have a green card. To renounce your citizenship would make it almost impossible to get a green card.

The baby would probably receive a diplomatic passport, as I'm assuming Madeleine has. So, not a big complication, I would think.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Bernadotte O'Neill sounds like a Gaelic/Irish Lords name
There you go! Sounds nice, doesn't it?
Now let's see what happens! Will the Little girl be a plain ms. Bernadotte O'Niell or will she get an unprecedented title?

viv
Old 02-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Courtier

She will get a title. I thought that was already sure.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
IMO it could go either way!
I'm leaning towards Bernadotte O'Neill, but I won't bet on it .

viv

Agreed with you! I guess we will have to wait and see what is decided sooner or later.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

this is great news congratulation the couple.
i am sure Princess Estelle will love to have a cousin.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

The King and Queen together with Chris, 23.02.2014
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fot...231229501.jpeg
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fot...231228901.jpeg

Photobank

Tags
birth, chris o'neill, princess madeleine