Its a Girl: HRH Princess Adrienne Josephine Alice of Sweden: March 9, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's quite a surprise. I don't think Adrienne was on anyone's list!

Adrienne is the first name that I like in this family, well done. And Nicolas can make a wish, born between two girls.

Wow that is very different but Adrienne is pretty I had a school friend called Adrienne ?

Prinsessan Adrienne...beautiful and unexpected name.
I like it. I think that it's sophisticated name, yet, cute at the same time. Out of the grandchildren names I like Estelle the less.

Last edited:
Josephine from Chris's grandmother (Paul O'Neill's mother) and Madeleine and Alice from Madeleine's grandmothers (one of Sibylla's names was Alice).

Last edited:
Beautiful name. An Adrienne, daughter of a Madeleine, cousin to an Estelle. French sounding names that are original (in the family at least) but sound very princess-y.

Hm, I can't say I'm a big fan of the name. It sounds quite strange in swedish. But I'm sure I'll get used to it, and I'm glad they picked a name they really like :)

Well, I like it, and it fit in well with Leonore and Nicolas. And as they said, it's been a name existing in Sweden since at least the 16th century. :)

Last edited:
I like it! It's great that their children have their own, unique calling names and the rest of the names are a nod to people important to them. And if I understood right from the king's announcement, Blekinge is one of the duchies that has never had a duke/duchess, how nice that they chose it!

Not a fan of the name. I thik it is nice that the King used Dukedom's that never had a Duke before but it would be nice if he wwould do that also for grandchildren who ware higher up in the line of succession and not only for the one at the End.

Not a fan of Adrienne, IMO the worst name in the family so far. The only thing I like about it is that they are sticking to the French theme for girls within the family. In this case Josephine or Alice would have been much nicer.

Not a fan of the name. I thik it is nice that the King used Dukedom's that never had a Duke before but it would be nice if he wwould do that also for grandchildren who ware higher up in the line of succession and not only for the one at the End.

He did it for both Nicolas and Adrienne.

Last edited:
He did iit for both Nicolas and Adrienne.
And also for Madeleine. But it where always the then last in the line of succession. Not one who was higher in the line like one of Victoria's or Carl Philip's children. For example the King was given at his birth the Dukedom of Jamtland which was also not held before.

Hm, I can't say I'm a big fan of the name. It sounds quite strange in swedish. But I'm sure I'll get used to it, and I'm glad they picked a name they really like :)

It keeps the tradition of French names among the Bernadottes.

Last edited:
Unexpected but I guess we will all get used to Her Royal Highness Princess Adrienne of Sweden, Duchess of Blekinge who is now 11th in the line Succession to the Swedish throne.

I would have NEVER though of Adrienne. I love it though. It very different for Madeline considering she pick two name already in use in other households. Leonore is used in Spain and Belgium (Elenore) and Nicolas is in Denmark. I am not a fan of Alice however. I actually picked it as one of the names should the Duchess of Cambridge have a girl.

Adrienne is a beautiful name albeit a bit old fashioned in French speaking countries !

I dont like the name Adrienne but in comparison to Estelle it's a wonderful name. Will it be pronounced french-y or swedish-style? I someday heard someone say "Eshtelle" which is even worse. So it would be interesting to know how they say Adrienne. Could also have a british touch.
I like Josephine as a name, though.

I don’t like the name!! How’s it pronounced in Sweden though?

I don't have any preference about name so I think it's a fine name, its pronunciation is lovely.

Josephine from Chris's grandmother (Paul O'Neill's mother) and Madeleine and Alice from Madeleine's grandmothers (one of Sibylla's names was Alice).

Madeleine's full name is Madeleine Therese Amelie Josephine, so it's also one of her names:flowers: (probably after the wife of King Oscar I Bernadotte, Josephine de Beauharnais)

Love the name, and like others it's the only one I like in the whole repertoire of Swedish baby names.

Not a fan of the name Adrienne, not my favorite name. Leonore and Nicolas are very soft, pretty names and I guess I was thinking another like it. Adrienne just sounds harsh when paired with the siblings' names. Love Josephine and Alice though, wish one of those would have been used as a first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom