It's A Boy: HRH Prince Nicolas Paul Gustaf of Sweden: June 15, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get soon a picture with Leonore and the little treasure and a picture with Estelle and them both?

He's a carbon-copy of Leonore (they both look like Chris)
He's a cutie! :flowers:

Pacifiers reduce the risk of SIDS.

Yes, perhaps for an infant who is sleeping or nodding off. This toddler is wide-awake! And pacifiers increase the chances of ear infections and speech problems. I don't mind seeing a baby with a pacifier, but when a child can walk, it just looks unattractive and certainly unnecessary. I have seen some 4 year olds with them!
But new baby O'Neill is a cutie- love his little gray flannel onesie- very suave.

Yes, perhaps for an infant who is sleeping or nodding off. This toddler is wide-awake! And pacifiers increase the chances of ear infections and speech problems. I don't mind seeing a baby with a pacifier, but when a child can walk, it just looks unattractive and certainly unnecessary. I have seen some 4 year olds with them!
But new baby O'Neill is a cutie- love his little gray flannel onesie- very suave.
For countless of years, young children have had pacifiers and seems like pretty much everyone grew up just fine. I'm sick of seeing people stressed out over a dummy like it's a scandal if a child has one. Big deal, the kid loves it and keeps him/her calm. They will stop using it eventually when they feel ready and will never look back.

He is a handsome baby. Rarely do I find newborns to be cute but he is.

Congrats to Madeleine, Chris, and big sister Leonore! Welcome to the world little prince!

Wow - he is such a handsome baby! I just love that when newborn, they tend to maintain their position most held in the womb. That right leg up, right foot curled in is tooooooo cute.

He gets points for wearing grey, IMHO. So dignified. Just imagine how great a Swedish order ribbon would look on that outfit!

Very cute! Chris looks ecstatic - the same as when Leonore was born

Leonore looks a lot like her paternal grandmother

ctive and certainly unnecessary. I have seen some 4 year olds with them!

Well, just to stir things up a little bit, he is not listed as "O'Neill" in the hospital records, but rather as "Bernadotte".

As Chris went home to pick up Leonore and went back to the hospital with her at about 3 p.m., Madeleine and the baby is still there: Chris O'Neills första ord efter att han och prinsessan Madeleine fått en son | kungligt | Expressen
As the baby seems to have been born a few weeks early, he might have to stay at the hospital for a few days.

The baby have got his "personnummer" and is registered under the surname Bernadotte: Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neills prins har fått personnummer | kungligt | Expressen

It is surprising that the daughter and son have different surnames. Princess Leonore was issued a diplomatic passport under the middle and last name "Bernadotte O'Neill" last May.

Maddes namnstrul inför prinsessdopet | Nyheter | Expressen

It is interesting that the mother is listed simply as "Madeleine, Therese Amelie Josephine". I suppose then that Princess Madeleine doesn't use a surname like "Bernadotte" or "Bernadotte O'Neill".

She and her siblings use Bernadotte as a surname but are registered without one.

If they are titled Prince and Princess of Sweden then they can't be O'neill also.

He's lovely and so much hair ! Gorgeous baby... and he looks so much like his father !

Very cute baby... I'm already in love for him...

Enviado do meu iPad usando o The Royals Community

For countless of years, young children have had pacifiers and seems like pretty much everyone grew up just fine. I'm sick of seeing people stressed out over a dummy like it's a scandal if a child has one. Big deal, the kid loves it and keeps him/her calm. They will stop using it eventually when they feel ready and will never look back.

He is a handsome baby. Rarely do I find newborns to be cute but he is.

You're right. It amazes me how stressed people get. In the U.S. people think that the kids must give up their pacifiers on their first birthday, and most parents do just that. In fact, most young children take comfort in sucking until they are three or four years old and that's when they give them up naturally.

I applaud Madde and Chris for not buying into that and allowing their children to give things up on their own.

Pacifiers reduce the risk of SIDS.

The baby is so cute! I agree that both kids have Chris's features. Maybe that's so noticeable because Madeleine doesn't have strong features, so the ways they are like her would be less noticeable.

Madeleine has very striking eyes, and she also has a nicely shaped mouth.

When Lenore was born I remember thinking that she was one of the most beautiful newborns I had ever seen. I feel the same way about Baby Boy O'Neill, he is really gorgeous with beautiful lips.:whistling:

It's A Boy for Madeleine and Chris: June 15, 2015

I knew I should have checked in here yesterday. Too much going on around here, I got busy and...

I had a feeling looking at Madeleine during the Wedding it would be at any time. I'm just glad it didn't happen during the ceremony and I'm sure so are they.

What wonderful news!! A sweet baby Prince for Sweden and both he and his Mamma are both healthy and doing well. Can not ask for more than that!!

What I don't understand is why some here think seven pounds isn't a perfectly fine weight for a newborn. I think we've gotten so used to most Babies being in the eight pounds or more range these days, that seven pounds sounds underweight or means the little one is early, which I also don't think was the case. I mean, I lost count over how many times it was wondered about in various threads if Madeleine would be at the Wedding, as it seemed to be pretty close to when she was due by those who did the Math, ever since the Wedding Date was announced.

I don't think this little Treasure (Don't recall who said it back in the thread, but I *love* it for talking about a new baby in the Family. It's so perfect and true. :) ) was early at all and seven pounds is a perfectly respectable healthy weight for a Newborn too.

Now...Everyone please lift whatever Beverage you've got in whatever container it's in and join me in a Toast...

To HRH the Little as yet named Prince of Sweden!! May he enjoy a long and healthy life full of many Blessings and much Love!!

Congratulations to Madeleine, Chris, the new Big Sister Leonore and both Families!!

What a lovely week of happiness Sweden and their Royal Family have enjoyed. :) :) :)

Mae Govannen a Arda Pen Neth

Can't wait to find out this lil guy's name, but.... Call it a hunch, or educated guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if Chris' Father's name is one of this sweet little Treasure's names when officially announced tomorrow. My Great Nephew Parker, he has his late Paternal Grandpa's full name as his middle names, both in Honour and Memory of Josh's Dad. Little did they realize, just how perfect a connection to another Family Member doing that also created***, but I can see Chris wanting to do that too.

We just have to wait and see if I'm right w/that hunch. :)

***Tigger is my nickname, as I adore most things Disney and when really excited about something I'm either about to do or see, I tend to get a wee bit bouncy. Well this Tigger has a Great Nephew who has as his full Given Name ~ Parker *Christopher Robin*.

No, I am not kidding, as that really was Josh's late Dad's full Given Name. I just hope no one choked due to having something in their mouth and trying not to laugh after reading that. :)

God Bless The Little Prince!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I don't think this little Treasure (Don't recall who said it back in the thread, but I *love* it for talking about a new baby in the Family. It's so perfect and true. :) ) was early at all and seven pounds is a perfectly respectable healthy weight for a Newborn too.
Madeleine's obstetrician said at the press conference that the baby came a little bit earlier than planned, but it can vary a few weeks in both directions.
Och berättar att barnet kom lite tidigare än planerat. – Lite innan, men det kan variera ett par veckor åt vardera håller, säger Sophia Brismar.
Barnmorskan: ”Fantastisk förlossning” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

A very cute little boy! I can see a similarity to the first picture of Leonore. Comparing babies to adults is something I don't dare :) They change so much during the years.

I really don't like the grey suit, but Leonore's melon dress is sweet and charming.

Well, I won't be able to watch but...I can't wait to know the little Prince's name!

Really adorable little baby boy!
I can't wait to hear the new prince's names and titles :D

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris! The young boy is adorable and I cannot wait to hear his name!

H.K.H. Prins Nicolas Paul Gustaf, hertig av Ångermanland

Nicholas Paul Gustav

Very nice name

Last edited:
@Kungafamiljen: Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill have decided to name their son: H.R.H. Prince Nicolas Paul Gustaf, Duke of Ångermanland.

I like it. Good choice!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom