It's A Boy: HRH Prince Nicolas Paul Gustaf of Sweden: June 15, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great name :) Nicolas may be a little uncommon in royalty but it is nonetheless a great name. Nice they included Gustaf :)

Good name choices and they fit good with Leonore.

Really? A Czar of Russia was named Nicholas....a few English royals/nobles have used Nicholas I think.

Very nice name, welcome Nicolas!

Really? A Czar of Russia was named Nicholas....a few English royals/nobles have used Nicholas I think.

Uncommon nowaday, I would say. I know there is already a prince Nicolas of Denmark, but he is much older.

Uncommon nowaday, I would say. I know there is already a prince Nicolas of Denmark, but he is much older.

He's called Nikolai not Nicolas.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Let's not forget Prince Nikolaos of Greece as well.

Last edited:
I'm sure sooner or later the Swedish media will dub him Prins Niklas lol

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Really great name - many, many congrats to the family!

There is also a Prince Nicolas in Belgium!

I love his names!

Hey and Niklaus Mikaelson (character from The Originals) ...I kinda like that pronunciation which is Norwegian I think.

:)

LaRae

Great names, very royal ones. I think that Prince Laurent and Princess Claire's of Belgium oldest son's name is written the same, as Nicolas.

A great name, very Royal and powerful! i love the name.

Wow! That's a good name combinations :bounce:
I hope that little prince Nicolas Paul Gustaf of sweden has a long and happy life.

Nicolas is a family name in the Bernadotte family, although it's not been a first name (and it's been spelt differently). The common form of Nicolas in Sweden is Niklas.

Gustaf Lennart Nicolaus Paul Bernadotteaf Wisborg
Eugen
Napoleon Nikolaus (son of Oscar II, born in 1865)
Nikolaus August (youngest son of Oscar I)

I like the name. It is very regal.

Is he going to be normally referred to as Prince Nicolas only ?

Also, I'm a little bit confused about the broadcast, which I missed BTW. Was a Council of State held with the King and the ministers in attendance ? In the SVT broadcast, I only saw a Royal Court spokesman making an announcement. Could anyone please clarify ?

Last edited:
Its a nice name and I think he will be the 1st ever Duke of Ångermanland?

Congrats to to the parents. I simply adore the little Prince's name.

I like the name very much! A bit unusual in the royal circle but lovely! I would have preferred "Nicholas" with "h", but I am just nitpicking... I knew that Paul would be included... I don't like Gustaf but it was obvious that name too... Maybe Carl would be a bit reduntant! I like the sound of "Prince Nicolas"! :)

nice set of names! i also like the name of the dukedom he was given :)

Yes, perhaps for an infant who is sleeping or nodding off. This toddler is wide-awake! And pacifiers increase the chances of ear infections and speech problems. I don't mind seeing a baby with a pacifier, but when a child can walk, it just looks unattractive and certainly unnecessary. I have seen some 4 year olds with them!
But new baby O'Neill is a cutie- love his little gray flannel onesie- very suave.
The best way to not be so upset is to not look at the photos. This is a very young toddler that still needs something to suck on. Much more important that a young child can satisfy their need to suck than worrying about speech problems at this young age. She is only slightly older than a year.

What a lovely name. They all fit and sound really nice together.

Welcome Little Prince Nicolas!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

PERFECT name!! I couldn't have chosen better myself!

Between "Charlotte Elizabeth Diana" in Britain, and now "Nicolas Paul Gustav" I am a very happy camper when it comes to Royal baby names these days!:p

Madeleine's obstetrician said at the press conference that the baby came a little bit earlier than planned, but it can vary a few weeks in both directions.
Barnmorskan: ”Fantastisk förlossning” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

With the weekend Madeleine had tottering around in heels attending her brother's wedding festivities and standing on her feet for hours I shouldn't he surprised that she went into labor!:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice set of names! i also like the name of the dukedom he was given. :)

I agree. :flowers: Nice names, nice dukedom.

With the weekend Madeleine had tottering around in heels attending her brother's wedding festivities and standing on her feet for hours I shouldn't he surprised that she went into labor! :ermm:

Exactly so! :cool: What a wedding it would have been had she started labor in church during the ceremony! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom