It's A Boy: HRH Prince Nicolas Paul Gustaf of Sweden: June 15, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! God bless this family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I guess the konselj will be on Wednesday, followed by the Te Deum on Thursday.

Have in mind its midsummer week, a short week and People are leasing town to celebrate midsummer

What a class act she was - and she looked so beautiful and beaming at the wedding. What a trooper as well - and in heels. My respect. Wonderful to have a boy for CG and Silvia to enjoy and for the family to now have a girl and boy.

I'd love to see the names Bertil and Folke in this child's name somewhere.

Well done Madeleine! What a wonderful weekend for the royal family!

I guess the konselj will be on Wednesday, followed by the Te Deum on Thursday.

They haven't announced it yet so i got the impression that it won't be this week.
It's midsummer week in Sweden and a lot of the government ministers are probably away so maybe they wait until next week.
The 21 gun salute will however be tomorrow.

I didn't quite understand Victoria's comment. Is she trying to say the King was longing for a boy to be born in the family ?

Ha ha no she meant that the whole family has been waiting for they boy to be born. He is longed-for by the whole family :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They haven't announced it yet so i got the impression that it won't be this week.
It's midsummer week in Sweden and a lot of the government ministers are probably away so maybe they wait until next week.
The 21 gun salute will however be tomorrow.
The tradition according to the Royal Court homepage is to have the konselj and the Te Deum the day after the birth, unless it's on a Saturday, at least according to this: Tradition och praxis vid kunglig födsel - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] message before Victoria gave birth. That the konselj after the birth of Leonore was six days after the birth perhaps had to do with the fact that she wasn't born in Sweden.

Congrats to Madeleine and Chris!

It's A Boy for Madeleine and Chris: June 15, 2015

The tradition according to the Royal Court homepage is to have the konselj and the Te Deum the day after the birth, unless it's on a Saturday, at least according to this: Tradition och praxis vid kunglig födsel - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] message before Victoria gave birth. That the konselj after the birth of Leonore was six days after the birth perhaps had to do with the fact that she wasn't born in Sweden.

I know that but i'm surprised that they haven't announced it by now if it will be soon.

The government must be there too and there must be at least 5 ministers .

The whole day tomorrow looks quite fully booked for the King according to the calendar at their website with farewell ceremonies with ambassadors (not exactly events that can be rescheduled) and a medal award ceremony.

Last edited:
how exciting - the baby was really imminent with respect to the wedding! i wonder if madeleine was worried she may go on labour at the wrong moment during CP's wedding. :)
in any case it's great news, i'm sure madeleine and chris are happy to have a boy and a girl now.
i can't wait to hear the name. maybe she will use one of CP's names seeing his birth was so close to his wedding...

The King and Queen visited the happy family at Danderyd Hospital a short while ago. They arrived around 2 hours ago and stayed a little over an hour.

Anyone guessing on names?

LaRae

I didn't quite understand Victoria's comment. Is she trying to say the King was longing for a boy to be born in the family ?
CP Victoria made no reference to the King in her response. Merely mentioned how happy they are and said ...det var efterlängtat... translated to anticipated, longed for, long overdue... In Swedish it would mean we have waited for the pregnancy to be over and the baby is finally here.

What a trooper! So happy it went so smoothly and the weight is under seven pounds so I don't doubt the baby could have been earlier than expected.

Last edited:
Congrats to the family!!! I had an idea that the birth was getting close Saturday as at time Madeleine looked a bit uncomfortable sitting like maybe some early twinges were happening.

Have in mind its midsummer week, a short week and People are leasing town to celebrate midsummer

I was thinking about that too. Maybe the Te Deum will be held next week. We will see.

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris and their families. Such a great time for the SRF, days filled with joy and happiness.

I thought Madeleine was expected to give birth a few weeks later. It must have been so difficult for her to attend the wedding.

This is such great news! I'm so happy for them. I can't wait to find out the name and see a photo.

Congratulations to the couple! It was a nice surprise when I read the news! And the baby came so soon! No idea for the name: I think Paul and Edmund might be in.

Wow, what a trooper! Just two days ago she was at her brother's wedding completely dolled up and now they have a new baby.

Congrats to the family. :flowers: The Swedish are having a fantasic June so far.

Absolutely splendid news - I'm so very happy for them!
Well done, Princess and Chris!

Was Madeleine close to Prince Bertil?

We don't really know. Surely Victoria, Carl-Philip and Madeleine had a lot of contact with Bertil and Lilian but it is said that she had not as much contact with them as Victoria and Carl-Philip

We don't really know. Surely Victoria, Carl-Philip and Madeleine had a lot of contact with Bertil and Lilian but it is said that she had not as much contact with them as Victoria and Carl-Philip

I was under the impression that, among CG's children, Carl-Philip was the closest to Prince Bertil.

Ok, not up to date on the family members of the SRF, is Bertil a Bernadotte and if so what is the relationship (cousin, uncle etc)?

LaRae

Ok, not up to date on the family members of the SRF, is Bertil a Bernadotte and if so what is the relationship (cousin, uncle etc)?

LaRae

Prince Bertil, Duke of Halland (1912-1997), was an uncle of King Carl XVI Gustaf.

I think he and his wife, Princess Lilian (1915-2013), were a kind of surrogate grandparents for Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom