It's A Boy: HRH Prince Nicolas Paul Gustaf of Sweden: June 15, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nothing wrong with the King creating a new dukedom - the province in question has indeed never been a dukedom before and so it is history in the making and that is lovely to see! As with most of Sweden, the province looks very beautiful and I would happy being the duke there!

The duchy of king Carl Gustaf, Jämtland, is even less populated, 3,3 vs 6,8.
Yes, the further away from the coast you get, the fewer people you will find. Ångermanland has four towns (Örnsköldsvik, Sollefteå, Kramfors and Härnösand), but poor Jämtland has only one (Östersund).

According to Expressen Chris has told them in a sms that the name Nicolas was chosen because both he and Madeleine really like it and also because he himself was called Nicolas for one day before his father changed his mind and named him Chris instead.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

European royalty might no hold any power, but they represent their country, and I think it's very serious, not fun. Just to think that I would have to represent my country freaks me out, it's so much responsability.

Just a side note, but my country is a republic, but I saw the other day a university diplom from Spain who had in big letters at the top the name of Juan Carlos I The King of Spain who on behalf of his name had create that diplom. I was speechless but so excited, even my Professor said that a monarchy have a diferent weight on things...It was the "power" that made me speechless;)
The power of mystique is amazing...I agree with you there. But what Lady Niume stated was true.

According to Expressen Chris has told them in a sms that the name Nicolas was chosen because both he and Madeleine really like it and also because he himself was called Nicolas for one day before his father changed his mind and named him Chris instead.

Now that's a fun story!

Now that's a fun story!

There are indeed lots of fun stories about Nicholas or 'Nicolas', as the new prince's name is spelled. My own son is also a Nicholas and his name was chosen to honour the patron saint of children, of sailors, of desperate causes and whose birthday celebrated in northern Europe on the eve of December 5!
:flowers:

Only one way to react to that...

Awwwww!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the name Nicolas, though I find Paul a bit dated but I can imagine that they chose it for sentimental reasons. Gustaf was inevitable but I'm still pleased that they chose it. Overall Nicolas Paul Gustaf is a nice and quite regal sounding combination. I'm a bit disappointed that Bertil wasn't one of his middle names though, it would've been really lovely since Lilian is Leonore's middle name.

Prince Nicolas is a little cutie as well, and I love how he has quite a lot of hair! The first thing I noticed when I saw his first photos was that he looks (especially his lips) like Princess Leonore in her first photo.
I think Bunte probably leaked the photos from the Royal Court as the Royal Court posted them a few hours later, otherwise it seems strange that a German (not even Swedish) magazine would get them and publish them first before the Royal Court themselves.

I'm happy that King Carl Gustaf created a new duchy for Prince Nicolas, as I had hoped he would do so. I've never heard of Ångermanland before, though the scenery looks stunning. You are lucky to come from such a beautiful province, Furienna! I have a question for those of you who can speak Swedish: how is Ångermanland pronounced?

Paul is Chris's middle name. Plain and nice.

Paul is Chris' middle name. They could have used Nicolas Christopher, but they chose Paul. Perhaps, Chris likes that name better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul is Chris' middle name. They could have used Nicolas Christopher, but they chose Paul. Perhaps, Chris likes that name better.

Yes, I know, which is why I said in my post that I can imagine Paul was chosen for sentimental reasons. Paul is also the name of Chris's father.

I'm happy that King Carl Gustaf created a new duchy for Prince Nicolas, as I had hoped he would do so. I've never heard of Ångermanland before, though the scenery looks stunning. You are lucky to come from such a beautiful province, Furienna! I have a question for those of you who can speak Swedish: how is Ångermanland pronounced?
Thank you! :flowers:

The letter "å" is pronounced just like the letter "o" is in English. The rest of the name should be easy.

Yes, I know, which is why I said in my post that I can imagine Paul was chosen for sentimental reasons. Paul is also the name of Chris's father.

Ah HA!! Did I or did I not call that earlier? :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't comment much so I hope no one minds me butting my way into this conversation!!
I think it's nice they used Chris's middle name for the baby!
Royal baby names are always so meaningful, it's heart warming!

I think Prince Nicolas is wearing the same outfit as Princess Leonore in the picture of the hands released of Princess Leonore on Facebook HERE.

Paul connects Nicolas to his father and paternal grandfather.
Gustaf connects Nicolas to his maternal grandfather (Carl XVI Gustaf), great grandfather (prince Gustaf Adolf), great great grandfather (Gustaf VI Adolf) and great great great grandfather (Gustav V).

Chris O'Neil would get troubles, if he forgot some importante days in June ;) :

Wedding Day - 8th June

Madeleine's Birthday - 10th June

Nicolas Birthday - 15th June

And Chris himself also was born in June, 27th.

Madeleine and Chris knew that their child was a boy before the birth.

Realy ?

I thought, that Madeleine and Chris got there second daughter and I'm very suprised, that the child is a Boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! :flowers:

The letter "å" is pronounced just like the letter "o" is in English. The rest of the name should be easy.

The g is like in gear, not as in German.

The a is more like the u in funny...

So its like "ånger man land" and not "ån german land". :)

Thank you Furienna and kiina for the pronunciation help of Ångermanland. I had thought that it would be pronounced something like "onger-man-land", because I noticed the å in Måns Zelmerlöw's name at Eurovision this year was pronounced like an O, though just wanted a confirmation.

I think Prince Nicolas is wearing the same outfit as Princess Leonore in the picture of the hands released of Princess Leonore on Facebook HERE.

That's an interesting point, and I also think you could be correct. The SRF seem to be big fans of recycling outfits!

The g is like in gear, not as in German.

The a is more like the u in funny...

So its like "ånger man land" and not "ån german land". :)

and the ...ång... sounds just like ...bong...without the b of course, for posters here that may have tried the device.

Thank you Furienna and kiina for the pronunciation help of Ångermanland. I had thought that it would be pronounced something like "onger-man-land", because I noticed the å in Måns Zelmerlöw's name at Eurovision this year was pronounced like an O, though just wanted a confirmation.
Yes, that is the same letter! :flowers:

Svensk Damtidning tells that according to their sources, the christening will be in the end of September. Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department, doesn't confirm this. She says that the court will inform in August after the holidays about when the christening will be.

Well, if the court is going to provide info in August it certainly mean September... And before the family moves to england..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom