Old 06-18-2015, 05:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
But a baby is not premature, isn't he?
According to the court pr person he arrived a few weeks early

Old 06-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Serene Highness

In the Expressen live photo stream it shows a fire engine arriving. Does anyone know why?

Old 06-18-2015, 06:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
In the Expressen live photo stream it shows a fire engine arriving. Does anyone know why?
I do hope someone does because they seem to be putting a lot of fire engine related pictures up
Old 06-18-2015, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
The alarm came 11.45.
- There is an automatic alarm that has activated. This means that there may be a faulty appliance, it can be an overload, says Nävelberg at the Stockholm police.
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/brandlarm-pa-slotten/

EDIT: It is burnt food at the Palace kitchen which caused the alarm, tells the police.

It is interesting that the dress code was different and at Leonore's and Estelle's Te Deum. Then the royal men had morning suits.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Heu... why is it "a nice dukedom"? It is in fact a chunk of land, sparsely populated, bordering frosty Lappland (Santa Claus on his sleigh ting-a-ling) without any royal history and it has never been a fiefdom.

To me it looks the King has not done his very best to give a prestigious dukedom to his grandson... He could have chosen the more prestigious and more historic dukedoms of Södermanland, Småland, Skåne, Halland, etc. Instead he just created a new one from scratch.

Seeing the choices made, I have the idea the King will create an eventual son of Prince Carl Philip and his spouse Sofia Duke of Halland, becoming the 10th Duke in that prestigious fiefdom, also taking in mind that Carl Philip has been the principal heir Prince Bertil, the last Duke of Halland.

Ångermanland is one of Swedens most nice provinces to the nature. It has a stunning nature at so many places. It has as far as we know not had a royal duke in modern times but it is a very historic province of Sweden with lots of petroglyphs that proves that it it was well populated during the iron age.

It is the 2:nd child of Princess Madeleine, his 3:rd child so I'm not surprised that they use a dukedom that has probably never been used before.

Skåne is too big to be granted to a child a bit down the line in the line of succession. Halland was used so recent and they usually don't take dukedoms that has been in use very recent so i don't think it will be used again in this reign.

If Carl Philip and Sofia have a son he is very likely to become Duke of Södermanland as a Prince by blood who is Duke of Södermanland is according to the will of it's former owner heir to Stenhammar Castle that Carl Philip will inherit from the King. That would mean Stenhammar Castle will stay in the family for a long time.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The alarm came 11.45.
- There is an automatic alarm that has activated. This means that there may be a faulty appliance, it can be an overload, says Nävelberg at the Stockholm police.
Brandlarm på slottet | Nyheter | Expressen

EDIT: It is burnt food at the Palace kitchen which caused the alarm, tells the police.

It is interesting that the dress code was different and at Leonore's and Estelle's Te Deum. Then the royal men had morning suits.
Thank you very much
Old 06-18-2015, 06:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Ångermanland is one of Swedens most nice provinces to the nature. It has a stunning nature at so many places. It has as far as we know not had a royal duke in modern times but it is a very historic province of Sweden with lots of petroglyphs that proves that it it was well populated during the iron age.

It is the 2:nd child of Princess Madeleine, his 3:rd child so I'm not surprised that they use a dukedom that has probably never been used before.

Skåne is too big to be granted to a child a bit down the line in the line of succession. Halland was used so recent and they usually don't take dukedoms that has been in use very recent so i don't think it will be used again in this reign.

If Carl Philip and Sofia have a son he is very likely to become Duke of Södermanland as a Prince by blood who is Duke of Södermanland is according to the will of it's former owner heir to Stenhammar Castle that Carl Philip will inherit from the King. That would mean Stenhammar Castle will stay in the family for a long time.
The king doesn't own Stenhammar, he leases it from the state.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:11 AM
Serene Highness

It's A Boy: HRH Prince Nicolas Paul Gustaf of Sweden: June 15, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The king doesn't own Stenhammar, he leases it from the state.

I know that.

Stenhammar was given to the state according to the will of Robert Von Kræmer and it was stipulated that the main building should be leased to a Prince by blood from the Bernadotte Family and if there is a Duke of Södermanland he will have precedence over all other Princes.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
But a baby is not premature, isn't he?
If you by premature mean that he was born week 37 or earlier, no I don't think so, but as Madeleine's obstetrician said that the baby was a few weeks early, he probably was born week 38 instead of week 40, full term but before planned date of birth.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Svensk Damtidning Patrick Sommerlath and his daughters came late to the Chapel. And he went to row 13 instead of the family row not to disturb the ceremony.
Dags för Te Deum i Slottskyrkan _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk
Old 06-18-2015, 06:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
[...] All this is just for fun. It has no real significance in the world as we know it. [...]
In my humble opinion this is not "just fun" but reality. The "fun" delivers the head of state of the United Kingdom, of Spain, of the Netherlands, etc. All unelected and all produced by hereditary succession. Their heads are on their currencies. Their names are above and under Acts and Decrees. Justice is spoken in their authority. So it is not only "fun", it is very serious.

Imagine that automatically the son of George Bush becomes the next President. And then their son. Etc. Then suddenly the choice of a partner for King George II (Bush) becomes more than "fun". It becomes a matter of great importance.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

Pacifiers give the child comfort, my son gave his up just didn't want it one day. Others take longer but will give them up when ready .
Old 06-18-2015, 07:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
In my humble opinion this is not "just fun" but reality. The "fun" delivers the head of state of the United Kingdom, of Spain, of the Netherlands, etc. All unelected and all produced by hereditary succession. Their heads are on their currencies. Their names are above and under Acts and Decrees. Justice is spoken in their authority. So it is not only "fun", it is very serious.

Imagine that automatically the son of George Bush becomes the next President. And then their son. Etc. Then suddenly the choice of a partner for King George II (Bush) becomes more than "fun". It becomes a matter of great importance.
It delivers a head of state, until a referendum declares they are no longer a head of state. The Swedish parliament can pass an act abolishing dukedoms etc. Please do not forget that European royalty do not hold any power. The real seriousness lies in general elections to elect a government, not naming a dukedom to an infant prince.

And before you start, I live in Australia, where my head of state is QEII. She has no executive power. She merely appoints or dismisses our Governer-General, and this is from the advice of our PM. That is her scope.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
It delivers a head of state, until a referendum declares they are no longer a head of state. The Swedish parliament can pass an act abolishing dukedoms etc. Please do not forget that European royalty do not hold any power. The real seriousness lies in general elections to elect a government, not naming a dukedom to an infant prince.

And before you start, I live in Australia, where my head of state is QEII. She has no executive power. She merely appoints or dismisses our Governer-General, and this is from the advice of our PM. That is her scope.
European royalty might no hold any power, but they represent their country, and I think it's very serious, not fun. Just to think that I would have to represent my country freaks me out, it's so much responsability.

Just a side note, but my country is a republic, but I saw the other day a university diplom from Spain who had in big letters at the top the name of Juan Carlos I The King of Spain who on behalf of his name had create that diplom. I was speechless but so excited, even my Professor said that a monarchy have a diferent weight on things...It was the "power" that made me speechless
Old 06-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from Te Deum
http://im.mtv.fi/image/5191334/lands...7-52012616.jpg
http://im.mtv.fi/image/5191330/lands...7-52012617.jpg
http://i2.bstatic.de/sites/default/f...?itok=C6CCNGv9
Old 06-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Courtier

Did anyone from Chris' family attend the Te Deum?
Old 06-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Did anyone from Chris' family attend the Te Deum?
No, at least the press hasn't told about that. I thought that some of them could attend because they would have seen the baby at the same trip. But it seems that no one of them attended.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Serene Highness

Had hoped that C would bring Leonore and V & D would bring Estelle to the church.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

I am quite happy with the dukedom of Ångermanland for the new little prince. Imo it is also a diplomatic choice. By giving a royal duke to a rural province that hasn't had a duke before, they greatly honour the people there. It is showing that also a rural province and it's inhabitants are a valued part of the country.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Official congratulations from the king and queen, crown princess Victoria, prince Daniel and princess Estelle + mrs Eva-Maria O'Neill, mrs Tatjana d'Abo and countess Natasha von Abensperg und Traun and families
Lyckönskningar - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Tags
birth, chris o'neill, princess madeleine