General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically people don't really care about them. Madeleine was very popular as a child when her antics endeared her to the public but that changed about the time she got labeled as a party princess. Nowadays she mostly gets negative press coverage on the lines of her being a work shy freeloader who is stuck up and only does what she wants.

Madeleine is rather distant to the swedes, I have understood. She hardly meets the "common" Swedes. I don't know when she has for instance visited her duchies, since she hasn't had many work events outside Stockholm during the last years. Carl Philip has some work events every year at his duchy Värmland.

Madeleine is rather distant to the swedes, I have understood. She hardly meets the "common" Swedes. I don't know when she has for instance visited her duchies, since she hasn't had many work events outside Stockholm during the last years. Carl Philip has some work events every year at his duchy Värmland.

For the future of the monarchy I think it would be best for both Madeleine and Carl Philip to take a step back and not partake as much in the day to day royal business. I'm sure they're both nice and sweet persons but their public images does not reflect well upon the monarchy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

For the future of the monarchy I think it would be best for both Madeleine and Carl Philip to take a step back and not partake as much in the day to day royal business. I'm sure they're both nice and sweet persons but their public images does not reflect well upon the monarchy.

Can you please explain what you mean by "Their public images does not reflect well upon the Monarchy." I mean HRH Princess Madeleine works for World Childhood Foundation which was founded by her mother HM Queen Silvia of Sweden yes she works for the American offices in New York but still she works for her mother who is the Queen of Sweden and founder of the foundation. As for HRH Prince Carl-Philip I have never really heard any bad press regarding him. I mean for example he is in the Swedish Navy as a Lieutenant , he studied and loves graphic design, he as designed stuff that the proceeds from the sale of the CD cover of music of Tchaikovsky's ballet The Nutcracker which was released in honor his mother's 60th birthday in 2003. To the sale of a calendar he created together with an advertising agency that was sold in 2004. The proceeds from those sales went to his Mother's foundation. So I'm just confused as to how does their public images reflect badly upon the Monarchy ?

Sincerely,

Brent R. von Behrens II

Can you please explain what you mean by "Their public images does not reflect well upon the Monarchy." I mean HRH Princess Madeleine works for World Childhood Foundation which was founded by her mother HM Queen Silvia of Sweden yes she works for the American offices in New York but still she works for her mother who is the Queen of Sweden and founder of the foundation. As for HRH Prince Carl-Philip I have never really heard any bad press regarding him. I mean for example he is in the Swedish Navy as a Lieutenant , he studied and loves graphic design, he as designed stuff that the proceeds from the sale of the CD cover of music of Tchaikovsky's ballet The Nutcracker which was released in honor his mother's 60th birthday in 2003. To the sale of a calendar he created together with an advertising agency that was sold in 2004. The proceeds from those sales went to his Mother's foundation. So I'm just confused as to how does their public images reflect badly upon the Monarchy ?

Sincerely,

Brent R. von Behrens II

I'm not JR76, but some answers, about Carl Philip:

There was much headlines last year about Carl Philip not having designed what he had claimed to be his.
Design scandal burns Swedish prince - The Local

Carl Philip was accused of systematically plagiarizing others' artwork. He is attacked by the advertising agency King's praised creator Hedvig Hagwall Bruckner who believes that Prince's latest tableware collection with the Swedish flora and fauna is a clean copy of Gustavberg's classic series ”Arter i fara" (Species in danger)"
Resumé ”Carl Philip fortsätter det skamlösa plagierandet”

And the fighting in Cannes
Sweden's rebel prince happy slapped in front of glamour model girlfriend during night out in Cannes Daily Mail Online

And his racing career, which isn't very successful, also divides people's opinions.

Sincerely,

Brent R. von Behrens II

This is of course based on my own personal opinion but also what I hear from people around me and read in the media and online. Neither M or CP are really disliked but they're both unpopular and seen as freeloaders by many in the public. Even worse (to me) is that most swedes don't care at all about them and their families. What media coverage they get is either negative headlines in the evening and gossip papers or very rosy articles about them, their good looks etc... Very rarely is there something of substance written about them. M is seen as someone who wants all the privileges of being a royal but shuns the responsibility that comes with it while CP is seen as handsome and a nice guy but a bit slow and easily led by his future wife.
To me it's a bit unfair since as you say M does a lot of work for Childhood and CP is apparently getting more and more involved in the running of his own estate and Stenhammar (which he's afaik is set to take over after his father) while at the same time representing the family on many occasions but public opinion is fickle and rarely based on facts.
Thanks LadyFinn for the links you provided.

Princess Madeleine and her husband Chris O'Neill are moving home, says SVT.
The couple talks about their plans to leave New York in the interview at 'The Year with the Royal Family".
- We will move in the near future to Europe. It is here that we have our families, says Princess Madeleine.
Madeleine told also that there is a special bond between Princess Estelle and her cousin Princess Leonore.
- She is very fond of Leonore, which is very cute. She wants to change diapers, she wants to bath Leonore, she wants to feed. It's very nice to me, I hardly need to do anything.
Prinsessan Madeleine till SVT Vi flyttar hem Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Home suggests they are moving back to Sweden (looking at it from Madeleine's point of view anyway) but it seems they mean moving back to Europe? I thought it was already said they were moving to London.

How cute that Leonore and Estelle get on so well

Home suggests they are moving back to Sweden (looking at it from Madeleine's point of view anyway) but it seems they mean moving back to Europe? I thought it was already said they were moving to London.

How cute that Leonore and Estelle get on so well

The swedish press has speculated that they will move to London. Madeleine said to swedish media in October that they have talked about moving but everything depends on Chris' work. Since the royal family have agreement with SVT about "The Year with the Royal Family", she couldn't tell the same she told to SVT.

Expressen has only now the photos of Madeleine and Chris walking in Djurgården. Margareta Thorgren from the press department said that it is of course easier now when you have come out with the pregnancy news. It hasn't been decided yet where Madeleine will give birth.
Thorgren said also that Madeleine and Chris are spending the New Year in Sweden, they are staying until January, at least that is the plan now. Everyone is happy to be able to meet eachother.
Prinsessans långa ledighet i Sverige Nyheter Expressen

No news at the swedish press if Madeleine and Chris have gone to London. Svensk Damtidning tells that they normally go to London on Christmas Day. Walter Schoeller, the father of Chris' sister Tatjana d'Abo, told to Svensk Damtidning that he normally meets Chris and Madeleine in London on Christmas.

Last edited:
I think that after the birth of their second child they will move from New York to Europe and that the second child will be born in Stockholm.

If Princess Madeleine and her family move back to Sweden, then their children will surely be in line to the Swedish throne, as being brought up in Sweden is by law a requirement for succession rights.

When Chris married her he married her family. I think he loves her very much but I hope he is truly okay with giving up a normal life and being able to raise his children his way.

If Christopher resides in Sweden, how will this affect his business ventures?

Expressen tells that according housing ads in several brokerage firms Madeleine and Chris rent their two room apartment on the Upper East Side from January 1st. Expressen has received their information from Bunte.
The rent: 7900 dollars a month.
The ad describes the accommodation as a "unique opportunity to rent a stunning, elegant and sunny two room apartment".
Madeleine tells in SVT's "The year with the Royal Family" that the couple and their daughter Leonore want to move to Europe to get closer to their families.
The princess did not say that their apartment in New York can be hired right from the beginning of the year, as demonstrated in the ads. Madeleine and Chris have lived there about a year. The ad tells that the apartment is about 70 square meters and consists of a bedroom, a kitchen without a dining area, a living room and a bathroom. The building has a welcoming lobby which is staffed 24 hours a day.
Madeleine and Chris rent the apartment furnished or unfurnished, depending on the wishes of the tenant.
Madeleine och Chris hyr ut lägenheten Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Maybe this is Madeleine's apartment, maybe not, Bunte and Expressen can be wrong. Margareta Thorgren from the press department told to the press that they return to the living arrangements of Madeleine and Chris after the New Year has begun.

Last edited:
Expressen tells that according housing ads in several brokerage firms Madeleine and Chris rent their two room apartment on the Upper East Side from January 1st. Expressen has received their information from Bunte.
The rent: 7900 dollars a month.
The ad describes the accommodation as a "unique opportunity to rent a stunning, elegant and sunny two room apartment".
Madeleine tells in SVT's "The year with the Royal Family" that the couple and their daughter Leonore want to move to Europe to get closer to their families.
The princess did not say that their apartment in New York can be hired right from the beginning of the year, as demonstrated in the ads. Madeleine and Chris have lived there about a year. The ad tells that the apartment is about 70 square meters and consists of a bedroom, a kitchen without a dining area, a living room and a bathroom. The building has a welcoming lobby which is staffed 24 hours a day.
Madeleine and Chris rent the apartment furnished or unfurnished, depending on the wishes of the tenant.
Madeleine och Chris hyr ut lägenheten Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Maybe this is Madeleine's apartment, maybe not, Bunte and Expressen can be wrong. Margareta Thorgren from the press department told to the press that they return to the living arrangements of Madeleine and Chris after the New Year has begun.

7900 US dollars a month for a 70-square-meter apartment ? They should definitely move back to Sweden !

Expressen has updated their article, they have been in contact with Margareta Thorgren, who has asked to return to this matter with a comment later.

The court has confirmed the news
Prinsessan Madeleine och Christopher O'Neill lämnar New York - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
''Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill leave New York
Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill have left their rented apartment in New York. They intend to find new accommodation in Europe. Where, is yet to be decided, the family is in no hurry with this decision. In the current situation they will be based in Stockholm.''

I presume he is without a job for now.

I presume he is without a job for now.

The press has told that after he left his job at the Noster Capital before their wedding, he would work as a "business angel". He has also had some own companies during the years and still has. There was this fuss in the spring when Madeleine was put as the vice chairman of two of Chris' companies, Wilton Payments and Belgravia Investments.

So here's the part I do not understand: why would a Swedish princess couple with a small baby live in a 1-Bedroom apartment??? Sorry to say even my apartment is bigger.
Even though NYC real estate prices are sky-high, wouldn't you want to live in a bigger place if you have the money?

This is also the address of Chris's registered business ventures. Also, the interior looks quite manly to me. Could it be that this is just an office address/ 1-bedroom place for the nanny and that they also own a larger place in the building?

I love the Hermes blanket BTW ;-)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

To be honest I don't think Maddie and her family have that much money lying around to afford a mega sized apartment in New York(I don't know how wealthy Chris is). I think to be honest a small apartment in the posh part of town fits with Maddie and Chris' wish to have a relatively quiet life.
What will be interesting is to see where they move to and what sort of place they buy/rent there.

Can't he take off the glasses when she takes a family photo? Nice to see a pic of Chris holding Leonore, but to me this is more like a picture that you put on your phone or laptop as wallpaper.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom