General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One can of course think that why Chris can't stay at Eva O'Neill's house in Belgravia while he is in London. And his sister lives in London.

It's a different to crash at a familys place or to have an own place which you can decorate like youself like it and make you feel at home and not like a regular intruder.

One can of course think that why Chris can't stay at Eva O'Neill's house in Belgravia while he is in London. And his sister lives in London.

Might the London apartment be an investment property? A lot of international investors buy property in London.

Might the London apartment be an investment property? A lot of international investors buy property in London.

Imo, this might well be the case. Mr.O'Neill seems to have a good business-sense and a property on a good location in London is something that will most likely only be worth more in the future. And if you go to a place a couple of times, it's nice to have a "home away from home"
The comment about "devastated Madeleine" for me is indeed "slow news day" :flowers:

Sounds only logical. Why should he always live in a hotel, if he has enough money to buy a cosy little apartment where he can feel somewhat at home, when he is in London? Doesn't sound like something bad to do. And if Madeleine really didn't know we don't know. Sounds more like a slow-news-day that Madeleine is devastated.

I agree :flowers: it all makes perfect sense. I think it's lovely that the family will be living between Sweden, London and New York City.

Slow news day for sure regarding the claim about Madeleine's emotions.

Sadly the media has always had it with Madeleine... She is the less favourite since both Chris and she have any interest in giving interview to the press...

I think you've hit on it. The tabloids would stop the innuendos if Madeleine would play the game and give them some entrée.

Yep. The media in the UK does the same to the Cambridges when they feel like their access has been cut off. Very transparent.

Why would they move to London if they just bought the apartment (in the Touraine) in NYC a year ago?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Why would they move to London if they just bought the apartment (in the Touraine) in NYC a year ago?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think that they own the apartment in New York.

Expressen quotes the article in Svensk Damtidning.
A very close person has told to Svensk Damtidning's reporter Margareta Gotthardsson that Madeleine, Chris and Leonore will move to London.
The court didn't want in the morning neither deny or confirm the news. The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren:
- This is not something we can confirm. However, it has previously been in the thoughts of the pair to move to Europe and closer to Sweden, but I know that in the current situation nothing has been decided. There is now absolutely no concrete plans to move from New York. The princess thrives in the United States and plans to stay there in the future. Certainly the rest of the royal family would see as positive if the princess with her family would be closer to Sweden, but as I said, today is no such current plans. Or decisions. The thinking about a move is still at a planning stage.
Karin Lennmor, editor of Svensk Damtidning, says to Expressen that their sources are reliable.
- We would never publish if we wouldn't have reliable sources, she says.
If the family would move to London, the flight to Stockholm is just a few hours. And Leonore would be in the same city as her grandmother Eva Maria, who lives on the exclusive address of Eaton Square in Belgravia at a recently renovated large townhouse. Chris' sister Tatjana and niece Anouska live in London, and Madeleine's close friend Caroline Leksell Cooke and friends Astrid Gyllenkrok and Filippa Hagman.
Madeleine och Chris lämnar New York Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Expressen's royal expert Johan T Lindwall is hesitant about Svensk Damtidning's article, he says that there are clear signs that they will not move to London now. Lindwall says that he has after contacts with the court received evidence to suggest that the couple will not move from New York.
- I do not rule out that it will be so in the future, but it is not relevant today, he says.
Johan T Lindwall Ska inte flytta nu Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Statement from the court
''Comment on reports in the media about Princess Madeleine moving to London.
- We cannot confirm reports that Princess Madeleine and her family will be moving to London. They have been thinking of moving to Europe, and thus closer to Sweden, but a move to Europe is still in the planning stages. London is an option, but several cities have been considered too. In the current situation there is no relocation plan. The couple lives in New York and has an apartment in Stockholm.''
http://www.kungahuset.se/pressrum/p...uppgifterimedia.5.46c2a4e2148cae5e179648.html

Last edited:
That would be great if Svensk Damtidning once again would have wrong information...

That would be great if Svensk Damtidning once again would have wrong information...
Indeed haha....isn't it shocking that the tabloids were wrong? :p .....however in their defense....the court the confirm that a move to Europe is being planned

Madeleine told yesterday to Expressen, that she and Chris are talking about moving.
Is it true that you are going to move to London?
- It is more than we knew, she says first.
Then she decides to tell you just how it is with relocation plans.
- It's something I and Chris are talking about, she confirms.
But just as the court's information department said, the plans are still at the discussion level. There are yet no details on timing.
- There is nothing that will happen right now. Currently, we live here and are happy about it.
According to Madeleine the relocation plans depend, among other things, on the long distance from both their parents and siblings. The royal family in Sweden and Chris's family also based in Europe. His mother Eva O'Neill staying long in London, as well as her sister Tatiana and her family. Journeys to and from Sweden are long and with London as a base, it would only take a few hours to travel to Stockholm.
Madeleine said in the interview with Expressen:
- But of course, in the future, we hope to get closer to both our families, so we'll see.
I can imagine that it's important when you have a small child.
- Yes, but exactly! Much also depends on Chris' job, that's mainly what draws us to Europe, but as I said, there is nothing we will do right now, but in that case later on. We'll see!
Will you go back and work for Childhood here in New York after maternity leave or how do your plans look like?
- We get to see a little as I said. We still do not know how it will be with all, considering Chris plans and jobs.
Något jag och Chris talar om Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Photos
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/1d/35/1d35b7e97cda49a48d1ae6f6d978b5c0/4x3/912@70.jpg
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/05/0f/050fc33105a24243b00c89faf7dff3ed/912@70.jpg
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/dd/62/dd6216b1103b4ad9a862538873c6c9a6/912@70.jpg

And Svensk Damtidning is still so proud of their "revelation" and think that they are right in their article.

Last edited:
I'm glad that for once Madeleine spoke up (even if she needn't that)

Hänt Extra reveals in their Facebook that Chris and Madeleine have come to Sweden. Chris had business meetings at Robert's Caffee and Madeleine is at home with Leonore. Reportedly, they are soon going to London. Chris does not want to comment on anything.
https://www.facebook.com/2142926919...4292691980223/726139404128880/?type=1&theater

I was just going to post the same thing from Instagram. Here is the link if anyone prefers that platform.
http://instagram.com/p/uQo50IPU3w/

I think it's good they are spending so much time in Europe...

Madeleine just posted a photo of pumpkin picking to Facebook.

Madeleine told yesterday to Expressen, that she and Chris are talking about moving.
Is it true that you are going to move to London?
- It is more than we knew, she says first.
Then she decides to tell you just how it is with relocation plans.
- It's something I and Chris are talking about, she confirms.
But just as the court's information department said, the plans are still at the discussion level. There are yet no details on timing.
- There is nothing that will happen right now. Currently, we live here and are happy about it.
According to Madeleine the relocation plans depend, among other things, on the long distance from both their parents and siblings. The royal family in Sweden and Chris's family also based in Europe. His mother Eva O'Neill staying long in London, as well as her sister Tatiana and her family. Journeys to and from Sweden are long and with London as a base, it would only take a few hours to travel to Stockholm.
Madeleine said in the interview with Expressen:
- But of course, in the future, we hope to get closer to both our families, so we'll see.
I can imagine that it's important when you have a small child.
- Yes, but exactly! Much also depends on Chris' job, that's mainly what draws us to Europe, but as I said, there is nothing we will do right now, but in that case later on. We'll see!
Will you go back and work for Childhood here in New York after maternity leave or how do your plans look like?
- We get to see a little as I said. We still do not know how it will be with all, considering Chris plans and jobs.
Något jag och Chris talar om Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Photos
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/1d/35/1d35b7e97cda49a48d1ae6f6d978b5c0/4x3/912@70.jpg
http://y.cdn-expressen.se/images/05/0f/050fc33105a24243b00c89faf7dff3ed/912@70.jpg
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/dd/62/dd6216b1103b4ad9a862538873c6c9a6/912@70.jpg

And Svensk Damtidning is still so proud of their "revelation" and think that they are right in their article.

It makes a lot of sense for Chris and Madeleine to move to London and be physically closer to their respective families. At some point though, let's say in five or six years at most, they will have to move to Sweden or else forfeit Leonore's succession rights.

Judging from how Madeleine insisted on Leonore's having a royal christening and royal titles, I suspect she is determined to keep her daughter as a member of the Royal House. If Victoria or CP, however, have more children of their own and Leonore moves further down in the line of succession, Madeleine might let it go to cave in to Chris, who most likely is not pleased with moving permanently to Sweden.

It makes a lot of sense for Chris and Madeleine to move to London and be physically closer to their respective families. At some point though, let's say in five or six years at most, they will have to move to Sweden or else forfeit Leonore's succession rights.

Judging from how Madeleine insisted on Leonore's having a royal christening and royal titles, I suspect she is determined to keep her daughter as a member of the Royal House. If Victoria or CP, however, have more children of their own and Leonore moves further down in the line of succession, Madeleine might let it go to cave in to Chris, who most likely is not pleased with moving permanently to Sweden.

We don't know if Madeleine insisted or if Carl Gustaf insisted on that matter. We just know that Leonore had a royal christening and has royal titles. What she does with that is to be seen in the future. Personally I think it's a precausion to secure the succession, because the last branche on the succession tree is currently very thin with only Estelle before Leonore was born.

Last edited:

It's a very sound argument in favour of the sucession itself rather that Madeleine insisting on anything. When you take into account the fact that Chris turned down a title for himself, the fact that he allowed his daughter to be made not just a princess, but an HRH, I am more inclined to believe that King CG persuaded Chris to allow this because of the succession.

It is a really good "story" designed to make headlines that the spoilt "baby" Madeleine "insisted" on it, but in light of her husband's stance, it doesn't really track. I believe that CG will not be happy until there are more in the line of succession than just Estelle and Leonore. Sweden came too close to let such a thing happen again.

The situation may become clear when it is time for Leonore to start school and she has several other cousins and so goes to school outside of Sweden.

Hänt Extra continues to write about a marriage crisis between Madeleine and Chris. Stoppa pressarna quotes the article.
"Marriage crisis deepening," Hänt Extra writes and tells how the couple will spend more and more time apart. One of the reasons is Chris' new home in England - where the princess will not stay according to the royal court.
- It's pretty clear message, she will not move to London now, says Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall.
The reason that Chris chose to settle in England is for business reasons.
- London is a hub of the global economy and Chris needs to be in place for clients and other investors, an informant has told to Hänt Extra.
Djup äktenskapskris mellan Madeleine och Chris Stoppa Pressarna

I'm really fed up with this crap...

I bet P.Madeleine and Chris are too :lol: they're probably urging on P.Carl-Philip to announce the weddingdate to attract the attention of the magazines ;)

Why is Hänt Extra still writing this gossip about Madde and Chris still? It kind of makes me wonder though, if there on to something... But since the other Swedish media(Expressen or SD) haven't been reporting on some crisis, then I guess it's all gossip!!

Last edited:
The baby is cute and has changed so much! But the bow with no hair is ridiculous IMO

Leonore looks very sweet and it's nice to see her again. Her bow is quite cute but I do sort of agree with Marty91charmed. As she doesn't have much hair, it seems a little strange, but at least it's not a big bow. The Swedish Royals seem to be big fans of babies in bows, as Estelle wore them a lot when she was a bit younger, and still does on most occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: It's not something new. I could show you photos of me as a baby taken back in the 1950s with a pink bow somehow fastened to my almost bald head. I think I looked ridiculous but my mother thought it was delightful and made it clear to anyone who cared that I was a girl, not a boy. For some reason that was important to her and it did me no harm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom