The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2014, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prinzessin Madeleine Ihr Ansehen bröckelt GALA.DE
Translation

Old 06-26-2014, 03:38 AM
Nobility

Pot-stirring.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning tells about Madeleine's and Chris "Magical party night" some time ago, they were celebrating their birthdays with their friends.
"We were there", tells SD, but they have no photos...

Princess and Chris held a wild party night for friends
Madeleine's birthday party was a magical night out at Teatergrillen
Like all parents, Madeleine and Chris thought that they need to go out just the two of them and they had a great party. They celebrated with drinks, champagne, wine and a great dinner. The evening began just before 20.00 when Madeleine, dressed in white and high heels, met her friends Louise Gottlieb, Katarina von Horn and Lovisa de Geer at Teatergrillen. About fifteen minutes later they went to the table and then came also Ellen and Jan Dinkelspiel. Time for a lot of hugs and soon Chris arrived with other's spouses. Madeleine sat in the middle of the women's table so that she could chat with everyone. Wine and drinks were ordered, there was a lot of talk and laughs. Then Chris, Jan Dinkelspiel and Jacob Cronstedt went out on have fresh air, a cigarrette and check FIFA World Cup results from their phones. They were close to the entrance to avoid being photographed. Chris was in a good mood, he commented football loudly and discussed about the tactics with Teatergrillen's reception. After one and a half hour Emma Pernald arrived. She and Chris have become very good friends and Chris hugged her a long time when she arrived. The group drank wine and drinks over two hours before the dinner finally came. They left the restaurant through the kitchen and went to restaurant Riche.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

The director of the press department Margareta Thorgren told to Expressen last night, that Chris was celebrating his birthday at a secret place.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svensk Damtidning tells about Madeleine's and Chris "Magical party night" some time ago, they were celebrating their birthdays with their friends.
"We were there", tells SD, but they have no photos...

Princess and Chris held a wild party night for friends
Madeleine's birthday party was a magical night out at Teatergrillen
Like all parents, Madeleine and Chris thought that they need to go out just the two of them and they had a great party. They celebrated with drinks, champagne, wine and a great dinner. The evening began just before 20.00 when Madeleine, dressed in white and high heels, met her friends Louise Gottlieb, Katarina von Horn and Lovisa de Geer at Teatergrillen. About fifteen minutes later they went to the table and then came also Ellen and Jan Dinkelspiel. Time for a lot of hugs and soon Chris arrived with other's spouses. Madeleine sat in the middle of the women's table so that she could chat with everyone. Wine and drinks were ordered, there was a lot of talk and laughs. Then Chris, Jan Dinkelspiel and Jacob Cronstedt went out on have fresh air, a cigarrette and check FIFA World Cup results from their phones. They were close to the entrance to avoid being photographed. Chris was in a good mood, he commented football loudly and discussed about the tactics with Teatergrillen's reception. After one and a half hour Emma Pernald arrived. She and Chris have become very good friends and Chris hugged her a long time when she arrived. The group drank wine and drinks over two hours before the dinner finally came. They left the restaurant through the kitchen and went to restaurant Riche.
Apparently Leonore is healthy again since only a couple of days ago Madde cancelled an event because of a strong cold
Old 06-28-2014, 02:30 AM
Gentry

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

Surprised that Madeleine did not post something to her Facebook to congratulate Sofia & CP (or Chris).

She seems to be posting congratulatory messages for other occasions (Daniel turning 40, mother's day, her dad turning 70 with baby all dressed up in balloons).

Even if Madde does not like Sofia: Madde, get over yourself, your brother is in love with her!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Apparently Leonore is healthy again since only a couple of days ago Madde cancelled an event because of a strong cold
That party which Svensk Damtidning wrote about, was probably last week, before Leonore was cold. They didn't tell the date, but the issue came out on this week's Wednesday so it must have happened some days before that.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
Surprised that Madeleine did not post something to her Facebook to congratulate Sofia & CP (or Chris).

She seems to be posting congratulatory messages for other occasions (Daniel turning 40, mother's day, her dad turning 40 with baby all dressed up in balloons).

Even if Madde does not like Sofia: Madde, get over yourself, your brother is in love with her!
The silence speaks volumes, doesnt it? I've always had the impression that Madde couldn't stand Sofia but had to put up with her because she was included in the various festivities she attended by order of CG.

To get engaged on Chris' birthday to me is a little dig at Madde and the attempt to steal attention. Not surprised that her answer is to remain silent, it's kind of an answer too.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post

She seems to be posting congratulatory messages for other occasions (Daniel turning 40, mother's day, her dad turning 40 with baby all dressed up in balloons).

She just posted something to Facebook.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The silence speaks volumes, doesnt it? I've always had the impression that Madde couldn't stand Sofia but had to put up with her because she was included in the various festivities she attended by order of CG.

To get engaged on Chris' birthday to me is a little dig at Madde and the attempt to steal attention. Not surprised that her answer is to remain silent, it's kind of an answer too.
I'm not surprised at all... IMO Victoria and Madeleine knew of this AFTER the conference. I bet they will released a polite statement tomorrow or on Monday...

Madde has just posted few words... Stay strong girl!
Old 06-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Commoner

Am I the only one that finds it weird that she post everyone else's Birthday etc. on her Facebook, but says nothing about het husband 40th Birthday?
Old 06-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
That event was in Washington and she didn't want to take a sick Leonore on a flight across the Atlantic, and of course didn't want to leave her daughter in Sweden and fly back to the US. Huge difference from taking a few hours off on a Friday night to celebrate, when she would have a very short distance home if something were to happen
Old 06-29-2014, 03:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine's congratulations are appropriate but cold. But I guess she felt it had to be done, since she uses her Facebook quite much.
As for not congralating Chris at her Facebook, I understand very well.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:23 AM
Gentry

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

Quote:
Madeleine's congratulations are appropriate but cold. But I guess she felt it had to be done, since she uses her Facebook quite much.
As for not congralating Chris at her Facebook, I understand very well.

Indeed very cold, her words to Daniel when he became 40 were much sweeter. Something along the lines of "it is so great to have you as part of our family".
Old 06-29-2014, 06:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear that Madeleine has never taken to her brother's new girlfriend. She is good friends with Emma Pernauld, Carl Philip's previous girlfriend. Some of us are aware what Sofia did to break up that relationship - but Emma has moved on. She is married now with children - good for her. Madeleine is loyal to her friend - and that i can understand and would not fault her for.

It's possible we will start to see a split in the family - more obvious than up to now - which Madeleine's living in NYC will make more seamlessly possible. I really wonder if Madeleine will attend the wedding. I guess we'll see.

It's quite a drama when you think about it.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
... I really wonder if Madeleine will attend the wedding. I guess we'll see...
Given that at the very least Carl Philip's wedding will be on the same scale as Madeleine's own, there are very, very few reasons which would allow Madeleine - as a member of the Royal Family - to not attend.

Regardless of how Madeleine feels about Sofia, it is a matter of public perception - Madeleine (and the family, possibly) will put on a facade of acceptance if she truly does not accept Sofia, because that is what is expected by the public at this stage (A similar situation currently in Spain, where Felipe and Letizia - regardless of their own personal feelings - are not seen with Infanta Cristina, because of negative public sentiments).

Her Facebook message can be used as an example of this - it may be seen by some as generic and cold, but something had to be posted because Madeleine is a frequent Facebook user and has posted congratulations/etc on other family occasions.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:16 AM
Serene Highness

I fully agree with you... Even if the message was polite but cold she had to to write it. And the family will of course be present at the wedding... It would be ridiculous if they weren't there
Old 06-29-2014, 07:29 AM
Courtier

No matter how you feel about the engagement, imo it's pretty rude of people to post the nude photos of Sofia as a reply to P.Madeleine's FB message...
She probably could remove them, but that would probably just lead to more posts?
Old 06-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Serene Highness

As far as I know I've never seen Madde or the staff removing comments...But I've never seen comments as rude as these regardind Sofia so far too
Old 06-29-2014, 07:46 AM
Royal Highness

What was Madeleine's statement, I don't have Facebook to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app