The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Courtier

How very true. Yet you can make the friends that you chose your family and have the same type of wonderful relationship that families do.

For some reason I never did think that Chris's mother and Maddie's mother would hit it off as friends.........all the pictures that I have seen of Chris's mother don't make her look to be friendly at all except with members of her family.

I don't think clothes would have anything to do with those 2 ladies, as they have more money to buy whatever clothes they want from anybody they want...jealousy over clothes doesn't make sense.

Problems behind the scenes of the families.........probably/maybe/who knows!

Old 06-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Commoner

I thought watching the baptism there was some sort of tension with chris and Madde, I am not saying with there marriage, but there was something there. Now with the 2 families having separate party's at night I am wondering if it had to do with what Chris did putting Madde as VP in his company! Then for Madde's Birthday at the castle there was no mention of him going, and the pictures of Madde arriving she was by her self..

Old 06-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Chris is very close to his sisters and their families and probably doesn't get to spend that much alone time with them since his marriage, and the fact that they all live in different countries.

The idea that anyone could call him a "wild partier" because he took them all to a restaurant reunion dinner after the christening just makes me shake my head...silly beyond belief!

Perhaps Madeleine chose to stay home to give her husband some time alone with his birth family? I see nothing at all unusual or unreasonable about that. Marriage doesn't mean a couple must always be joined at the hip!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

my thoughts exactly! Why waste your time and give those tabloid rags any clicks to keep them in business anywaythey came up with the same storyline for Fred and Mary of denmark with Donald Duck as the source of course
Old 06-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Courtier

It may also be that with all the festivities Madeline was too tired to go out and preferred to stay home with her family and Chris could take the opportunity to be with his family. There could be a perfectly logical explanation, it does not have to be some major controversy.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, a quiet evening in after a pretty full on day seems pretty normal to me. The difference is that Chris went out.

However, Chris's family was there, all in one place at the same time and I wonder how often that happens. How often they get to catch up on what's going on in each other's lives. Perhaps the last time they were together was for Chris and Madeleine's wedding and I don't think there would have been a lot of time for them to spend quality time together then. Chris spending the evening with them makes total sense, at least to me.

As for wild/excess partying . . . with his mother? Really?
Old 06-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Serene Highness

Did Princess Madeleine with family leave Sweden or do they spent Midsommar in Solliden?

Next wednesday (for two days) the princess and her mother has events with World Childhood Foundation in Washington/USA.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Did Princess Madeleine with family leave Sweden or do they spent Midsommar in Solliden?

Next wednesday (for two days) the princess and her mother has events with World Childhood Foundation in Washington/USA.
Madeleine and Chris were seen last weekend in Stockholm, I haven't seen any news where they are spending the midsummer.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:41 AM
Gentry

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

I suspect they have flown back to the US already. Madde and Queen Silvia have an event for Childhood on the 25th and 26th. The 27th is Chris's 40th birthday.

I hope that Chris will join the Childhood party in Washington. He is not on the royal calendar, but since this seems an informal concert with big names playing, it could be that he joins just because he likes to.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Svensk Damtidning, Leonore's nanny is from UK. Photos at the article are taken when the family arrived to Sweden.
Prinsessan Leonores supernanny från Storbritannien Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 06-23-2014, 06:22 AM
Gentry

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 -

Makes sense IMO, that they have a British English speaking nanny. Maybe it is easier for a EU citizen to travel back and forth to Sweden so have part of her employment located in Sweden.
She will probably teach the kid a proper British accent.

No real news on the couple unfortunately, I am still waiting for spontaneous paparazzi photos of Chris with Leonore ;-)
Old 06-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
No real news on the couple unfortunately, I am still waiting for spontaneous paparazzi photos of Chris with Leonore ;-)
I cannot really share your message, I am not a supporter of indiscretion from paps.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Makes sense IMO, that they have a British English speaking nanny. Maybe it is easier for a EU citizen to travel back and forth to Sweden so have part of her employment located in Sweden.
She will probably teach the kid a proper British accent.

The nanny won't need to teach little Leonore a proper Brit accent. Her father has one!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Gentry

Article in Expressen that Madeleine will not attend the Childhood events in Washington since Leonore is sick:

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/made...onore-ar-sjuk/
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...ZwGxRVCCX8CQQA

(I hope the links work, it is my first time pasting links)

Would they be stuck in Sweden due to Leonore having a cold? If she would be in NY, I would think one can fly over to DC for a daytrip. How about Chris's birthday party in NYC then?
Old 06-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Article in Expressen that Madeleine will not attend the Childhood events in Washington since Leonore is sick:

Madeleine ställer in resa – Leonore är sjuk | Nyheter | Expressen
Madeleine sets the trip - Leonore is sick | News | Expressen

Would they be stuck in Sweden due to Leonore having a cold? If she would be in NY, I would think one can fly over to DC for a daytrip. How about Chris's birthday party in NYC then?
I read the article - if Leonore was going to Washington with her mother, it sounds like Madde is nursing.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Madeleine ställer in resa – Leonore är sjuk | Nyheter | Expressen
Madeleine sets the trip - Leonore is sick | News | Expressen

I have put this article and Aftonbladet's article to The World Childhood Foundation thread.
The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation
At Aftonbladet's article the director of the press department says that Madeleine had already packed and they should have flown from Sweden but Madeleine decided that she can't fly with a sick child.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Poor Leonore. I hope she will get well soon.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Commoner

I was just wondering by any chance if anyone read the news paper version of of Svensk Damtidning this week, on the cover they have a article about Madeleine and Chris birthday party?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymom74 View Post
I was just wondering by any chance if anyone read the news paper version of of Svensk Damtidning this week, on the cover they have a article about Madeleine and Chris birthday party?
Stoppa pressarna quotes Svensk Damtidning's article.
Madeleine and Chris celebrated their birthdays at Teatergrillen in Stockholm. They celebrated with Madeleine's closest friends Louise Gottlieb, Katarina von Horn, Lovisa de Geer, Emma Pernald, Ellen Dinkelspiel and their spouses.
The group toasted with cocktails, champagne and wine before the grand dinner was served shortly after 22:00. They continued to party at the neighboring restaurant Riche. Madeleine was dressed in white and wore high heels.
Prinsessan Madeleines och Chris O'Neills långa festnatt på innekrog Stoppa Pressarna
Old 06-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope little Leonore will get well soon and that her cold doesn't turn into anything too serious.
SwissRoyal, your links were fine for me.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!

Tags
chris o'neill, princess leonore, princess madeleine