General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice picture of Chris hugging the doorman.

LOL, Chris looks very stressed packing the car and carrying the baby stuff down. Just like any parent making the first transatlantic flight with a baby!

I love that they're both sporting NY Yankees baseball caps!

Not everyone is charmed by Madeleine and Chris

Lars Lindström's chronicle in Expressen

My idea was to write about the fact that princess Madeleine feels misunderstood in economic issues. Madde wants to underline that she actually only gets apanage when she represents Sweden for example, when she marries and when she baptizes her daughter Leonore. Then she gets a few million from daddy king's account with tax money of 127 million SEK per year. Otherwise she manages to get along with "private money", as it is so nicely named.
She would also like to point out that she is only on papers a partner in her husband and financier Chris O'Neill's business, not in reality! That she stands as "vice president" has a simple explanation: it was used to deceive the bank that she was it, or else the company had not opened a bank account. Since the account was opened, Chris took her title, of course. Easy as pie for anyone who knows where the tax haven of the Cayman Islands is located.
Princess Madeleine is also sure that many interpret her and her husband's accommodation apartment in Östermalm in the wrong way. A five room apartment was luxury renovated with 6.8 million, what is the problem? Chris and Madde will not even live there, just a week or so now and then.
De rosettfientliga bör oroa kungahuset Lars Lindström Expressen
Translation

After having opened the gates to the Open Palace, Chris went to one of his favourite restaurants, Sturehof to meet his friends: Dag and Natalie Werner and Louise Gottlieb and Ludvig Blomqvist. According to Expressen Ludvig has in a short time become a friend for Chris. Madeleine came there later. They spent there almost three hours. Lussan is one of the most certain tips for a godparent and now even Natalie Werner can be seen as a possibililty. Chris and Dag went many times out to smoke. Dag showed Chris his new white Range Rover. Chris and Madeleine later left Sturehof to go home. Madeleine wore a pharmacy bag and Chris two large bags with takeaway food, including fresh pasta, shrimp and mustard sauce. He ran quickly toward the waiting car by SÄPO.
Madeleine och Chris tog paus - gick till krog Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Thank you again LadyFinn for always keeping us up to date!

The only thing I have against Chris: he should really stop smoking now that he has a baby.
I assume Madeleine quit (at least temporarily due to pregnancy/ breastfeeding) or she is just too afraid to smoke in public.

Despite she smoking they conceived the baby remarkably fast!!!

If they intend to stay in Sweden until after the summer, will they even attend the US Childhood event that was announced on Madeleine's Facebook?

The monogram and coat of arms are very regal and the shape of the L is suitable for both a baby and an adult
I hope I'm not stepping out if line by saying this, but I think it's perhaps time for a news and picture thread for Leonore since this thread is about news related to Madeleine chris and leonore as a family...there isn't one specifically for leonore

:previous: Some large photos from MyRoyals:

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill in Stockholm | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHİON

Leonore has now her own biography at the website of the SRF:

H.K.H. Prinsessan Leonore - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Whilst I like her monogram, I do think that Leonore having it as well as her own coat of arms, title and Duchy is a bit OTT given that Chris has remained untitled, and also that she's 'just' fifth in line to the Swedish throne. I do think, as others have said elsewhere, that this is a case of Madeleine being a little spoilt and 'wanting to have her cake and eat it too'.

The monogram and coat of arms are very regal and the shape of the L is suitable for both a baby and an adult
I hope I'm not stepping out if line by saying this, but I think it's perhaps time for a news and picture thread for Leonore since this thread is about news related to Madeleine chris and leonore as a family...there isn't one specifically for leonore

I agree - I wasn't a member of TRF at the time of her christening, but looking back, it seems that Estelle's thread was created a little bit after her christening, so perhaps it's time that Leonore got a thread of her own as well. Although right now apart from the christening, there hasn't really been much news about her, just appearances in Stockholm/New York with Madeleine and Chris, so perhaps the Moderators are waiting for a bit, but it would still be nice for her to have her own thread.

Last edited:
I am quoting Dadofil form the Christening thread, because I think it bears repeating here.

Exactly! The King is following the government's wishes in treating his daughter the same way he would a son. Carl Philip's name and title will stay the same when he gets married, so Madeleine's do as well. Carl Philip's children will be HRH Prince(ss) and get the Seraphim, so Madeleine's children do as well.

Madeleine isn't spoiled. She and her daughter are being treated just as the Swedish government intended the Sovereign's female descendants to be when they changed the law.

If this was Carl Phillip's daughter, the child would have a monogram, a coat of arms, etc because she would be the granddaughter of a King, etc. Madeline is the daughter of the King, and as such her daughter because of the law is entitled to the same rights as her brother's children would be.

This isn't the same family that was short on heirs because people had unequal marriages or because they married someone who didn't have a title, lost theirs (a majority of the Haga Princesses), and you have an uncle who doesn't marry his love because he is waiting for his nephew to marry and have kids. The Swedish royal family is moving with the times.

Equality is just what it says folks. EQUAL.

Last edited:
I am quoting Dadofil form the Christening thread, because I think it bears repeating here.

If this was Carl Phillip's daughter, the child would have a monogram, a coat of arms, etc because she would be the granddaughter of a King, etc. Madeline is the daughter of the King, and as such her daughter because of the law is entitled to the same rights as her brother's children would be.

This isn't the same family that was short on heirs because people had unequal marriages or because they married someone who didn't have a title, lost theirs (a majority of the Haga Princesses), and you have an uncle who doesn't marry his love because he is waiting for his nephew to marry and have kids. The Swedish royal family is moving with the times.

Equality is just what it says folks. EQUAL.

I understand that, but it's just my personal opinion that Madeleine comes across as a little spoilt. What I was trying to say is that since Chris doesn't have a title, I do think that how his daughter got a title, duchy and monogram is a bit OTT. It would be understandable if Chris was titled, but he's not. That is all.

Last edited:
I start to think that Leonore might be "the spare" so to speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom