Chris has given a super long interview to Johan T Lindwall from Expressen:
Here are parts what he said, the rest can be read from the translation.
Earlier this year it became known that Chris, Madeleine and their two children after moving to Europe from New York will now settle in Britain.
- Yes, I've already moved. I moved in April and the rest of the family will come after to London. Getting to Sweden was only temporary. It was never intended to move to Sweden. The plan from the beginning was that we would stay in London, but then came the birth and we planned to be in Stockholm during the period.
Why don't you live in Sweden?
- We would definitely stay in Sweden if it had gone with my job, but I have a new job that requires I'm in London. Until now, I have had three to four flight per week in Europe, mostly to London. It doesn't work in the long run. At the end of New York time I commuted between London and New York. It wouldn't also worked in the long run. I had a while twelve days a month from New York to London. I and Madeleine have now taken the decision that we are going to stay in London so that I can do my work. I don't want to come home to a hotel room alone. I want to come home to my family and eat dinner together. Everything else is not important. It is I who am the breadwinner of the family. I must first and foremost think of our little family.
When Madeleine and the children are moving?
- It will not be for a few weeks, but not longer than a few months, it will be in early autumn.
Where do you live?
- We have a home that we hold on and complete.
Is it the same house as your mother Eva O'Neill bought and renovated?
- No. I know that that has been written, but it's not the house. Where we'll stay is a completely different place.
How long will you stay in London?
- It will be at least a few years. Of course I want that Madeleine and my children will be in Sweden as much as possible. We will spend a lot of time in Sweden and Madeleine will be in Sweden on official business. It will be a good solution for everyone involved.
What is your new job?
- Between I was 22 to 38 years, I sat over 12 hours a day in front of four computer screens, and made business analyzes. It lasted for 16 years and is hard job. What I do now is a new company with a number of partners where we make different business solutions for major corporations in Europe. The company is named Wilton Payments and in brief, we arrange different payment solutions for a number of large companies.
Chris has since July 2013 been "Director" at Wilton Payments Limited, registered in the United Kingdom. His brother in law John D'Abo is the owner and the only shareholder.
- I have ownership interests in several companies, something that is perfectly normal for an investor. Princess Madeleine has no ownership interest or position in any company that pays a dividend or are active in Europe. I have already explained the companies where she has a passive role.
Chris O'Neill has been away from several major royal ceremonies, including the king's birthday and National Day celebration:
- It may be hard to understand, but I will not be able to participate in all major official things. I work hard and it can be that with a major customer, a specific date may collide with an official royal occasion. What should I do? These customers do not have foresight in one month, it may be that I may be grateful that I get a small gap in their schedule.
Why you are seen by some as 'bad boy'?
- I don't know. They don't know me. They have no idea who I am. However, I can regret that I have been so private from the beginning. I should have been more open, but at the same time I don't have the same official role as Madeleine. It is not my role to explain myself. It's like in the rest of life, a lot of plus and minus sides. However, I must get used to being a public figure.
Have you started looking at the christening of little Nicolas?
- Yes, there are several dates we're looking at. It is not only we who decide because there are so many people involved in the baptism and the dates must be in order that everyone can be with.
Where will it be? Sweden or the UK?
- Definitely Sweden. It will not be on Öland, but in Stockholm and Drottningholm Palace chapel where we christened Leonore. It leans to Drottningholm. It will be similar to Leonore's.
Will Madeleine and the children live in Sweden until the baptism?
- No, then they have definitely moved to England. Now we are all together on Öland for the summer. I will soon return to London to work, but first we have to go to Stockholm and then I go on to England.
Chris O'Neill says that they spend in Solliden time daily with the other members of the royal family.
How do you call the king?
- I say the King, His Majesty or Sir. Never Carl Gustaf. Madeleine's parents are the most generous people there are. Lovely, who have released me into the family in a fantastic way. I am extremely grateful that I got to meet them.
Finally, the big question. How's swedish?
- Slowly, but surely, however, a bit slow because of all my travels. But I and Leonore learn together!
Chris O'Neill i stor intervju om livet med prinsessan Madeleine _ Nyheter _ Expressen
On the cover of Expressen