The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

General News about Madeleine, Chris and Family, Part 2: June 2015 -

Arms of Princess Madeleine

Welcome to the General News of Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill, Princess Leonore and Prince Nicolas, Part 2

Commencing June 15, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding Chris's looks: he's a very appealing man imo no matter what his weight. A more trim and natty presentation would go far, though.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:32 AM
Majesty

Never thought of Chris as appealing but at the engagement photo he is handsome
Old 06-18-2015, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Never thought of Chris as appealing but at the engagement photo he is handsome
Oh, but he is! It's not for nothing that he had a reputation as a player when she started up with him. He is very intriguing. Ha! I look over at hubby and smile. No danger, love.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Not my type of man,I dont have to I sleep with him..
Old 06-28-2015, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine, Chris and family were seen walking at Rosendal garden in Djurgården yesterday. They were seen earlier at a brunch at restaurant Broms. Margareta Thorgren told to Expressen that the family celebrated Chris's birthday privately.
Chris O'Neills födelsedag – här myser hela familjen _ kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
Old 07-07-2015, 03:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bunte has an article about Chris's businesses, about Wilton Payments, where Chris is an owner together with Dennis Paul, his friend from college.
Madeleine von Schweden _ Ihr Chris glänzt oft mit Abwesenheit... _ BUNTE.de
Translation
Old 07-14-2015, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Are they living in Sweden now?
Old 07-14-2015, 05:03 AM
Aristocracy

For now yes, but they will move to London in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-15-2015, 03:44 AM
Aristocracy

In the absence of other news on the couple: did anyone see Zorro lately? Is he still OK?
Last time I saw him on pictures was back in NY.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
In the absence of other news on the couple: did anyone see Zorro lately? Is he still OK?
Last time I saw him on pictures was back in NY.

I saw a picture of him either the day Nicolas went home or the day after. Chris and Leonore were walking him
Old 07-15-2015, 05:03 AM
Aristocracy

Oh, glad to hear he's fine ;-)
Was that picture posted somewhere?

Old 07-16-2015, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has an article about Chris's Rolex-watches.
Svensk Damtidning har kartlagt Chris klockor _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

In their paper issue Svensk Damtidning writes that when the new Apple watch was released, Wall Street Journal interviewed Christopher O'Neill, who was described as a New York based businessman and avid collector of Rolex watches with about 20 Rolexes. Chris told at the interview that he was going to buy an Apple watch to wear it at a gym and that he is a member of a group that collects mechanic watches. Svensk Damtidning has photos of four Chris's Rolexes, the Daytona "Paul Newman" Chronograph is worth SEK one million, Daytona "Big Read" SEK 300 000 and Submariner SEK 35 000.
SD tells also that Chris is a regular customer at Nymans Ur, the Rolex Expert in Stockholm. There is a photo of him visiting it on 3rd July. On 4th July Chris was seen at the airport to go with a regular flight to London, Madeleine and the children were in Solliden, queen Silvia told that to Expressen then.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

So then? What do SD want to tell us? Chris is rich, if he evenwants to purhcase gazillions of watches he is free to do it. Seriously, this "newspaper" really is obsessed woth Chris! What he has ever done to thm? Ah wait... didn't flirt with media and/or cameras...
Old 07-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, Chris is a Rolex collector. Check out this forum posting which I did not share earlier out of privacy considerations, but now that he is outed by the media ;-)

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...&start=0&rid=0

(See Chris's initials on one of the watch pics)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 07-21-2015, 02:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Chris has given a super long interview to Johan T Lindwall from Expressen:
Here are parts what he said, the rest can be read from the translation.

Earlier this year it became known that Chris, Madeleine and their two children after moving to Europe from New York will now settle in Britain.
- Yes, I've already moved. I moved in April and the rest of the family will come after to London. Getting to Sweden was only temporary. It was never intended to move to Sweden. The plan from the beginning was that we would stay in London, but then came the birth and we planned to be in Stockholm during the period.
Why don't you live in Sweden?
- We would definitely stay in Sweden if it had gone with my job, but I have a new job that requires I'm in London. Until now, I have had three to four flight per week in Europe, mostly to London. It doesn't work in the long run. At the end of New York time I commuted between London and New York. It wouldn't also worked in the long run. I had a while twelve days a month from New York to London. I and Madeleine have now taken the decision that we are going to stay in London so that I can do my work. I don't want to come home to a hotel room alone. I want to come home to my family and eat dinner together. Everything else is not important. It is I who am the breadwinner of the family. I must first and foremost think of our little family.
When Madeleine and the children are moving?
- It will not be for a few weeks, but not longer than a few months, it will be in early autumn.
Where do you live?
- We have a home that we hold on and complete.
Is it the same house as your mother Eva O'Neill bought and renovated?
- No. I know that that has been written, but it's not the house. Where we'll stay is a completely different place.
How long will you stay in London?
- It will be at least a few years. Of course I want that Madeleine and my children will be in Sweden as much as possible. We will spend a lot of time in Sweden and Madeleine will be in Sweden on official business. It will be a good solution for everyone involved.
What is your new job?
- Between I was 22 to 38 years, I sat over 12 hours a day in front of four computer screens, and made business analyzes. It lasted for 16 years and is hard job. What I do now is a new company with a number of partners where we make different business solutions for major corporations in Europe. The company is named Wilton Payments and in brief, we arrange different payment solutions for a number of large companies.
Chris has since July 2013 been "Director" at Wilton Payments Limited, registered in the United Kingdom. His brother in law John D'Abo is the owner and the only shareholder.
- I have ownership interests in several companies, something that is perfectly normal for an investor. Princess Madeleine has no ownership interest or position in any company that pays a dividend or are active in Europe. I have already explained the companies where she has a passive role.
Chris O'Neill has been away from several major royal ceremonies, including the king's birthday and National Day celebration:
- It may be hard to understand, but I will not be able to participate in all major official things. I work hard and it can be that with a major customer, a specific date may collide with an official royal occasion. What should I do? These customers do not have foresight in one month, it may be that I may be grateful that I get a small gap in their schedule.
Why you are seen by some as 'bad boy'?
- I don't know. They don't know me. They have no idea who I am. However, I can regret that I have been so private from the beginning. I should have been more open, but at the same time I don't have the same official role as Madeleine. It is not my role to explain myself. It's like in the rest of life, a lot of plus and minus sides. However, I must get used to being a public figure.
Have you started looking at the christening of little Nicolas?
- Yes, there are several dates we're looking at. It is not only we who decide because there are so many people involved in the baptism and the dates must be in order that everyone can be with.
Where will it be? Sweden or the UK?
- Definitely Sweden. It will not be on Öland, but in Stockholm and Drottningholm Palace chapel where we christened Leonore. It leans to Drottningholm. It will be similar to Leonore's.
Will Madeleine and the children live in Sweden until the baptism?
- No, then they have definitely moved to England. Now we are all together on Öland for the summer. I will soon return to London to work, but first we have to go to Stockholm and then I go on to England.
Chris O'Neill says that they spend in Solliden time daily with the other members of the royal family.
How do you call the king?
- I say the King, His Majesty or Sir. Never Carl Gustaf. Madeleine's parents are the most generous people there are. Lovely, who have released me into the family in a fantastic way. I am extremely grateful that I got to meet them.
Finally, the big question. How's swedish?
- Slowly, but surely, however, a bit slow because of all my travels. But I and Leonore learn together!
Chris O'Neill i stor intervju om livet med prinsessan Madeleine _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

On the cover of Expressen
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/c6/...338/502@70.jpg
Old 07-21-2015, 02:50 AM
Courtier

Nice interview.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Chris has given a super long interview to Johan T Lindwall from Expressen:
Here are parts what he said, the rest can be read from the translation.

Earlier this year it became known that Chris, Madeleine and their two children after moving to Europe from New York will now settle in Britain.
- Yes, I've already moved. I moved in April and the rest of the family will come after to London. Getting to Sweden was only temporary. It was never intended to move to Sweden. The plan from the beginning was that we would stay in London, but then came the birth and we planned to be in Stockholm during the period.
Why don't you live in Sweden?
- We would definitely stay in Sweden if it had gone with my job, but I have a new job that requires I'm in London. Until now, I have had three to four flight per week in Europe, mostly to London. It doesn't work in the long run. At the end of New York time I commuted between London and New York. It wouldn't also worked in the long run. I had a while twelve days a month from New York to London. I and Madeleine have now taken the decision that we are going to stay in London so that I can do my work. I don't want to come home to a hotel room alone. I want to come home to my family and eat dinner together. Everything else is not important. It is I who am the breadwinner of the family. I must first and foremost think of our little family.
When Madeleine and the children are moving?
- It will not be for a few weeks, but not longer than a few months, it will be in early autumn.
Where do you live?
- We have a home that we hold on and complete.
Is it the same house as your mother Eva O'Neill bought and renovated?
- No. I know that that has been written, but it's not the house. Where we'll stay is a completely different place.
How long will you stay in London?
- It will be at least a few years. Of course I want that Madeleine and my children will be in Sweden as much as possible. We will spend a lot of time in Sweden and Madeleine will be in Sweden on official business. It will be a good solution for everyone involved.
What is your new job?
- Between I was 22 to 38 years, I sat over 12 hours a day in front of four computer screens, and made business analyzes. It lasted for 16 years and is hard job. What I do now is a new company with a number of partners where we make different business solutions for major corporations in Europe. The company is named Wilton Payments and in brief, we arrange different payment solutions for a number of large companies.
Chris has since July 2013 been "Director" at Wilton Payments Limited, registered in the United Kingdom. His brother in law John D'Abo is the owner and the only shareholder.
- I have ownership interests in several companies, something that is perfectly normal for an investor. Princess Madeleine has no ownership interest or position in any company that pays a dividend or are active in Europe. I have already explained the companies where she has a passive role.
Chris O'Neill has been away from several major royal ceremonies, including the king's birthday and National Day celebration:
- It may be hard to understand, but I will not be able to participate in all major official things. I work hard and it can be that with a major customer, a specific date may collide with an official royal occasion. What should I do? These customers do not have foresight in one month, it may be that I may be grateful that I get a small gap in their schedule.
Why you are seen by some as 'bad boy'?
- I don't know. They don't know me. They have no idea who I am. However, I can regret that I have been so private from the beginning. I should have been more open, but at the same time I don't have the same official role as Madeleine. It is not my role to explain myself. It's like in the rest of life, a lot of plus and minus sides. However, I must get used to being a public figure.
Have you started looking at the christening of little Nicolas?
- Yes, there are several dates we're looking at. It is not only we who decide because there are so many people involved in the baptism and the dates must be in order that everyone can be with.
Where will it be? Sweden or the UK?
- Definitely Sweden. It will not be on Öland, but in Stockholm and Drottningholm Palace chapel where we christened Leonore. It leans to Drottningholm. It will be similar to Leonore's.
Will Madeleine and the children live in Sweden until the baptism?
- No, then they have definitely moved to England. Now we are all together on Öland for the summer. I will soon return to London to work, but first we have to go to Stockholm and then I go on to England.
Chris O'Neill says that they spend in Solliden time daily with the other members of the royal family.
How do you call the king?
- I say the King, His Majesty or Sir. Never Carl Gustaf. Madeleine's parents are the most generous people there are. Lovely, who have released me into the family in a fantastic way. I am extremely grateful that I got to meet them.
Finally, the big question. How's swedish?
- Slowly, but surely, however, a bit slow because of all my travels. But I and Leonore learn together!
Chris O'Neill i stor intervju om livet med prinsessan Madeleine _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

On the cover of Expressen
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/c6/...338/502@70.jpg
What a very nice and clear interview. I hope this will still some of the speculations.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

The interview is nice. But if he is willing to give such a big interview, photos taken of him when the interview was done would have made it much more personal and warm. Lindwall's brother photographer Sven Lindwall is also in Öland and took the photos from Roxette concert and the royals cycling.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The interview is nice. But if he is willing to give such a big interview, photos taken of him when the interview was done would have made it much more personal and warm. Lindwall's brother photographer Sven Lindwall is also in Öland and took the photos from Roxette concert and the royals cycling.
I can see how he wouldn't be very comfortable with that though... I think it's nice enough with the interview :) Give us a finger and we want the whole hand, or what is the saying?

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine