Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family, General News 2: June 2015 - Sept 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One British tabloid is accusing Madeleine of name dropping. Prince George is the most famous royal toddler in the world.

Ah when a British tabloid is writing accusations it must be true... ;)

She gave the only polite reply possible to such a stupid question as I suspect they never met either him or Prince William and his wife. The tabloid you refer to should attack their fellow gutter press journalists for asking such a question which IMHO is insulting considering the occassion.

Last edited:

i would have thought that kate and madeleine had met privately, having so much in common being royal mums of kids of the same age, living in the same city and probably frequenting similar circles. but clearly not seeing this comment of madeleine.

also note the ages: Princess Leonore, 2½, and Prince George, 3. Prince Nicolas, 15 months and Princess Charlotte, 16 months. i can see the start of a great friendship between these 4 (and maybe i am getting ahead of myself but who knows, maybe we have the next 'royal to royal' wedding in the making!)

Last edited:
i would have thought that kate and madeleine had met privately, having so much in common being royal mums of kids of the same age, living in the same city and probably frequenting similar circles. but clearly not seeing this comment of madeleine.

also note the ages: Princess Leonore, 2½, and Prince George, 3. Prince Nicolas, 15 months and Princess Charlotte, 16 months. i can see the start of a great friendship between these 4 (and maybe i am getting ahead of myself but who knows, maybe we have the next 'royal to royal' wedding in the making!)

Actually, as she has said more than once, Madeleine has never met either William, nor Harry. That in itself tells a lot about the myth that the British and Swedish RFs were planning an arranged marriage between William and Madeleine.

William and Madeleine would have been a great couple though (just saying).

Despite the idea is not serious, I could love it. George and Leonore would be a perfect couple of companions with their strong temperaments. Pippi Longstockings and neighbour Tommy...

Actually, as she has said more than once, Madeleine has never met either William, nor Harry. That in itself tells a lot about the myth that the British and Swedish RFs were planning an arranged marriage between William and Madeleine.

William and Madeleine would have been a great couple though (just saying).

wow - i would have never thought that madeleine hasn't met william or harry ever. from two european monarchies, around the same age, with madeleine having now lived in the city of london for a while. i am most surprised. but i guess they have busy lives, and meeting another royal is perhaps not top of the list of priorities. i would have thought they all made an effort to cultivate those royal connections though, but clearly i was wrong.

victoria was a guest to the royal wedding so i hope that at least she had some time to chat to them. she was also at the Christening of Prince Konstantine Alexios of Greece in london which william attended so i assume they have at least exchanged once or twice, if not more, even if they aren't close friends/colleagues.

wow - i would have never thought that madeleine hasn't met william or harry ever. from two european monarchies, around the same age, with madeleine having now lived in the city of london for a while. i am most surprised. but i guess they have busy lives, and meeting another royal is perhaps not top of the list of priorities. i would have thought they all made an effort to cultivate those royal connections though, but clearly i was wrong.

victoria was a guest to the royal wedding so i hope that at least she had some time to chat to them. she was also at the Christening of Prince Konstantine Alexios of Greece in london which william attended so i assume they have at least exchanged once or twice, if not more, even if they aren't close friends/colleagues.

I'm not surprised at all. I don't want to derail this thread and the fact that we already have a separate thread for 'BRF connections to other royals' or whatever it is named says it all. They do not care for any royal house but their own and will probably consider the Swedes etc as 'fluff'. They send Edward & Sophie to royal weddings, if at all, and at William's wedding it was protocol to invite the heirs to the throne.
So, rather the opposite, I would have been surprised reading that Madeleine is friends or in the same social circles as William, Harry, Kate etc.

I'm not surprised at all. I don't want to derail this thread and the fact that we already have a separate thread for 'BRF connections to other royals' or whatever it is named says it all. They do not care for any royal house but their own and will probably consider the Swedes etc as 'fluff'. They send Edward & Sophie to royal weddings, if at all, and at William's wedding it was protocol to invite the heirs to the throne.
So, rather the opposite, I would have been surprised reading that Madeleine is friends or in the same social circles as William, Harry, Kate etc.

Prince Charles used to attend royal weddings. In fact, he attended Philippe's, Willem-Alexander's, and Felipe's weddings. I don't know why he didn't go to Frederik's or Victoria's weddings, but that was odd. Charles also attended royal funerals like the funeral of Prince Claus, I believe.

Also, I don't think the Bernadottes are "fluff", despite their recent habit of unconventional choices of consorts. King Carl Gustaf himself has an impressive ancestry, being a great-great-grandson of Queen Victoria both in paternal and maternal lines. Rumor has it that Lord Mountbatten wanted CG to marry Princess Anne, but CG wasn't interested. But, then again, the rumor was that Queen Elizabeth wanted William to marry Madeleine (the perfect match !) and, as Madeleine said, they actually had never met before.

Last edited:
People magazine is the official celebs mouth piece. Ain't nothing on there without the approval of a celebs. Its far from gutter press.

At William wedding, the Queen sent invitation to the head of the household, it was up to the majesties to whom the sent to the wedding.
Those royals family doesn't have to sent the heirs or anyone at all to BRF events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Madeleine is a Royal princess, the gorgeous daughter of a king. The idea that she needs to name drop Prince George to obtain play dates for her children is absurd enough to cause me to roll my eyes so hard that they get stuck to the back of my head.:lol:

PEOPLE magazine is a celebrity tabloid, nothing more and nothing less. They assured their readers at the time of the Cambridge visit to NYC a couple of years ago that Prince George has regular "hang time" with Blue Ivy Carter, daughter of JayZ and Beyonce. I mean...both kids are rich and famous beyond belief so both sets of parents simply must be dying for them to have play dates right?:cool:

They are simply obsessed with all things Cambridge. I stopped taking PEOPLE seriously about 20 years ago.

Yes, mbruno...there was a time when I thought William and Madeleine would have been the ultimate young Royal couple too, but now I know that as great as it looked on paper it would not have worked. They seem very different in attitudes and interests.

Other than the fact that they both have beautiful children and are Royal they have nothing in common.

Last edited:
I know People Magazine is a tabloid. Gutter trash? No, they are the official mouth piece for publicist. If they were such gutter trash, why did Madeleine and the Childhood Foundation invite them (let them in) to the event?

I never called PEOPLE gutter trash. That would be Star, the Enquirer and Daily Mail.

But I just don't find them that reliable or informative, and especially not the online version which borders really close to rag journalism.

Madeleine and the others invite PEOPLE for the simple reason that they know this magazine, as low rent as it is, reaches a huge audience. It's a great way to achieve publicity their causes and I must admit a very savvy way too.

Last edited:
I thought she was ill?
And Chris is still smoking.

It is possible to recover from an illness quickly (especially a stomach bug) and get back to your normal routine.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think that because this issue of Svensk Damtidning was on sale in Sweden on Wednesday, the photos may well have been taken last week.
Here is the article in Svensk Damtidning's paper issue, the article tells that although Nicolas wasn't with the others in the morning, he was seen out later on the same day, and there is a photo of him.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Stomach bugs, especially with small children are often 24 to 48 hour bugs. Besides as lady Finn points out, as this was just published in a print magazine, the photos likely a week or more ago.

Chris looks super unhealthy with a big belly, unshaven etc as if he just rolled out of bed.
Cigarette behind the ear is tacky and really bad example for his children.

on another note - Leonore is almost 3 and still using a pacifier, is this a cultural thing in Sweden?

Chris looks super unhealthy with a big belly, unshaven etc as if he just rolled out of bed.
Cigarette behind the ear is tacky and really bad example for his children.

on another note - Leonore is almost 3 and still using a pacifier, is this a cultural thing in Sweden?

I'm not sure it is a cigarette. Unshaven is a style and yes he is little over weight. Nothing wrong with her having a dummy whatever works for them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Ah when a British tabloid is writing accusations it must be true... ;)

She gave the only polite reply possible to such a stupid question

Ah, yes, what the questioner relies upon - the 'target' being polite. They get fodder in the most devious ways. :sad:

I'm not sure it is a cigarette. Unshaven is a style and yes he is little over weight. Nothing wrong with her having a dummy whatever works for them.

given the color, mostly white and then tan at the end, it is a cigarette. Besides, we already know they both smoke.

It is a cigarrette and swedish gossip magazine Hänt asks at it's website will someone else in the royal family make the same tough statement as Chris. Prince Daniel? Queen Silvia? Princess Sofia?
A cigarette behind his ear. A doubtless statement that he goes his own way.
We can't help but wonder how the reactions would have been if Prince Daniel, a bit worn and with a white Prince behind his ear, would appear next to Victoria on a family promenade at Haga? Or at his representation work.

The article reminds that when Chris was "new" at the royal family, he showed his middle finger at paparazzis. Such he has stopped now. Today he settles for a nicotine stick against the side of his head. A small revolt in silence.
The article has photomontages of Daniel with a cigarrette behind his ear.

Kommer prins Daniel haka på Chris till rökrutan_ _ Hänt.se
Translation

Last edited:
Chris is a private citizen. It's really no ones business if he smokes or doesn't.

Doesn't really matter what Daniel would of done. He's a working member of the SRF. Chris is not. No comparison can be made.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom