The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Madeleine and Chris shopping at Waitrose in London
http://67.media.tumblr.com/5c8c3ad74...4jg0o2_500.png
http://67.media.tumblr.com/480f9f5d3...4jg0o1_500.png

Old 09-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
In one photo, I would not have known him.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
"I would love [a playdate]," Princess Madeleine exclusively told PEOPLE at the World Childhood Foundation USA ThankYou Gala in New York City.

"I'm sure we will cross paths – and who knows what we will do when we do!" she says.
Princess Madeleine Would Love Playdate with Kate Middleton, Prince George : People.com
Old 09-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

I can already imagine the gossip sites saying how Kate will be jealous with Madeleine around. They have already suggested that before, however baseless that claim might be.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

One British tabloid is accusing Madeleine of name dropping. Prince George is the most famous royal toddler in the world.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Ah when a British tabloid is writing accusations it must be true...

She gave the only polite reply possible to such a stupid question as I suspect they never met either him or Prince William and his wife. The tabloid you refer to should attack their fellow gutter press journalists for asking such a question which IMHO is insulting considering the occassion.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Majesty

i would have thought that kate and madeleine had met privately, having so much in common being royal mums of kids of the same age, living in the same city and probably frequenting similar circles. but clearly not seeing this comment of madeleine.

also note the ages: Princess Leonore, 2˝, and Prince George, 3. Prince Nicolas, 15 months and Princess Charlotte, 16 months. i can see the start of a great friendship between these 4 (and maybe i am getting ahead of myself but who knows, maybe we have the next 'royal to royal' wedding in the making!)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-26-2016, 08:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i would have thought that kate and madeleine had met privately, having so much in common being royal mums of kids of the same age, living in the same city and probably frequenting similar circles. but clearly not seeing this comment of madeleine.

also note the ages: Princess Leonore, 2˝, and Prince George, 3. Prince Nicolas, 15 months and Princess Charlotte, 16 months. i can see the start of a great friendship between these 4 (and maybe i am getting ahead of myself but who knows, maybe we have the next 'royal to royal' wedding in the making!)
Actually, as she has said more than once, Madeleine has never met either William, nor Harry. That in itself tells a lot about the myth that the British and Swedish RFs were planning an arranged marriage between William and Madeleine.

William and Madeleine would have been a great couple though (just saying).
Old 09-26-2016, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
In one photo, I would not have known him.
He looks about 6 mos pregnant
Old 09-27-2016, 01:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
He looks about 6 mos pregnant
LOL only Prince Henrik is further ahead!
Old 09-27-2016, 08:31 AM
Gentry

Despite the idea is not serious, I could love it. George and Leonore would be a perfect couple of companions with their strong temperaments. Pippi Longstockings and neighbour Tommy...
Old 09-27-2016, 10:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Actually, as she has said more than once, Madeleine has never met either William, nor Harry. That in itself tells a lot about the myth that the British and Swedish RFs were planning an arranged marriage between William and Madeleine.

William and Madeleine would have been a great couple though (just saying).
wow - i would have never thought that madeleine hasn't met william or harry ever. from two european monarchies, around the same age, with madeleine having now lived in the city of london for a while. i am most surprised. but i guess they have busy lives, and meeting another royal is perhaps not top of the list of priorities. i would have thought they all made an effort to cultivate those royal connections though, but clearly i was wrong.

victoria was a guest to the royal wedding so i hope that at least she had some time to chat to them. she was also at the Christening of Prince Konstantine Alexios of Greece in london which william attended so i assume they have at least exchanged once or twice, if not more, even if they aren't close friends/colleagues.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
wow - i would have never thought that madeleine hasn't met william or harry ever. from two european monarchies, around the same age, with madeleine having now lived in the city of london for a while. i am most surprised. but i guess they have busy lives, and meeting another royal is perhaps not top of the list of priorities. i would have thought they all made an effort to cultivate those royal connections though, but clearly i was wrong.

victoria was a guest to the royal wedding so i hope that at least she had some time to chat to them. she was also at the Christening of Prince Konstantine Alexios of Greece in london which william attended so i assume they have at least exchanged once or twice, if not more, even if they aren't close friends/colleagues.
I'm not surprised at all. I don't want to derail this thread and the fact that we already have a separate thread for 'BRF connections to other royals' or whatever it is named says it all. They do not care for any royal house but their own and will probably consider the Swedes etc as 'fluff'. They send Edward & Sophie to royal weddings, if at all, and at William's wedding it was protocol to invite the heirs to the throne.
So, rather the opposite, I would have been surprised reading that Madeleine is friends or in the same social circles as William, Harry, Kate etc.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I'm not surprised at all. I don't want to derail this thread and the fact that we already have a separate thread for 'BRF connections to other royals' or whatever it is named says it all. They do not care for any royal house but their own and will probably consider the Swedes etc as 'fluff'. They send Edward & Sophie to royal weddings, if at all, and at William's wedding it was protocol to invite the heirs to the throne.
So, rather the opposite, I would have been surprised reading that Madeleine is friends or in the same social circles as William, Harry, Kate etc.

Prince Charles used to attend royal weddings. In fact, he attended Philippe's, Willem-Alexander's, and Felipe's weddings. I don't know why he didn't go to Frederik's or Victoria's weddings, but that was odd. Charles also attended royal funerals like the funeral of Prince Claus, I believe.

Also, I don't think the Bernadottes are "fluff", despite their recent habit of unconventional choices of consorts. King Carl Gustaf himself has an impressive ancestry, being a great-great-grandson of Queen Victoria both in paternal and maternal lines. Rumor has it that Lord Mountbatten wanted CG to marry Princess Anne, but CG wasn't interested. But, then again, the rumor was that Queen Elizabeth wanted William to marry Madeleine (the perfect match !) and, as Madeleine said, they actually had never met before.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:07 AM
Courtier

People magazine is the official celebs mouth piece. Ain't nothing on there without the approval of a celebs. Its far from gutter press.

At William wedding, the Queen sent invitation to the head of the household, it was up to the majesties to whom the sent to the wedding.
Those royals family doesn't have to sent the heirs or anyone at all to BRF events.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:26 PM
Majesty

Princess Madeleine is a Royal princess, the gorgeous daughter of a king. The idea that she needs to name drop Prince George to obtain play dates for her children is absurd enough to cause me to roll my eyes so hard that they get stuck to the back of my head.

PEOPLE magazine is a celebrity tabloid, nothing more and nothing less. They assured their readers at the time of the Cambridge visit to NYC a couple of years ago that Prince George has regular "hang time" with Blue Ivy Carter, daughter of JayZ and Beyonce. I mean...both kids are rich and famous beyond belief so both sets of parents simply must be dying for them to have play dates right?

They are simply obsessed with all things Cambridge. I stopped taking PEOPLE seriously about 20 years ago.

Yes, mbruno...there was a time when I thought William and Madeleine would have been the ultimate young Royal couple too, but now I know that as great as it looked on paper it would not have worked. They seem very different in attitudes and interests.

Other than the fact that they both have beautiful children and are Royal they have nothing in common.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Courtier

I know People Magazine is a tabloid. Gutter trash? No, they are the official mouth piece for publicist. If they were such gutter trash, why did Madeleine and the Childhood Foundation invite them (let them in) to the event?
Old 09-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Majesty

I never called PEOPLE gutter trash. That would be Star, the Enquirer and Daily Mail.

But I just don't find them that reliable or informative, and especially not the online version which borders really close to rag journalism.

Madeleine and the others invite PEOPLE for the simple reason that they know this magazine, as low rent as it is, reaches a huge audience. It's a great way to achieve publicity their causes and I must admit a very savvy way too.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Madeleine of Sweden wants a play date with George and Charlotte | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-29-2016, 12:15 AM
Majesty

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Atlantic in the real world . . .

Quote:
OneillsofSweden

http://67.media.tumblr.com/a7e254541...4jg0o1_500.jpg

Quote:
Gotta love this! Princess Madeleine’s video being used to promote the World Childhood Foundation funded Stewards of Children Prevention Toolkit App in Times Square!

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine