The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-21-2016, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Probably not but the sulking doesnt help. The paparazzis will be there no matter what is published on FB and they won't go away.

I am always amazed that public persons like Madeleine think they are in control regarding the media, as if she could dictate them what photos will be published and what photos will not.

And by the way, if they don't like their family time to be 'interruped', maybe they should not check into a celebrity/rich people's holiday spot and walk on a public beach.

There are lots of famous people, much more famous people than Madeleine, who do beach holiday or whatever holiday but are not photographed because they go to places that are not swarmed by paparazzis.
Fair points. the Maldives is a very popular place, but then again they should go where they please and not have the paparazzi dictate their lives.
But also they need to understand that they might be photographed, no need to make little statements.

Lovely photos that she published, the kids look cute and happy
especially this one with the ice cream
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...22139a54faf1fd

Old 01-22-2016, 02:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Se bilderna från Madeleines och Chris kärlekssemester! _ Svensk Damtidning
Prinzessin Madeleine_ Luxus-Urlaub für 6.300 Euro die Nacht _ GALA.DE

Old 01-22-2016, 06:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
But also they need to understand that they might be photographed, no need to make little statements.
Yes, especially this kind of statement, moaning about being interruped by the press on a family holiday at a 6.000+ Euro per night resort what the ordinary Swede can only dream about.

I am still waiting for Madeleine to present her agenda on how to service or do good things for Sweden, as she announced in her interview. Childhood was a good excuse for her to spent a long time in NY while living off her family's money while not really working, I hope in London history will not repeat itself.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

If her family is content for her to 'live off their money' isn't that their business?

LaRae
Old 01-22-2016, 09:59 AM
Nobility

She is doing what every parent should do......enjoying her children. Some do it differently than others. If she wants to ba a full time mom and has the means to do it than more power to her.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:45 PM
Majesty

I totally agree. If Madeleine is financially able to not work and stay at home with the children, all power to her. It's still pretty common for women here to stay at home until their youngest child reaches Nursery School or Kindergarten.

Children grow and change so much and so very fast it is easy to miss a lot when you are not looking. Who wants it to be the Nanny to be the one that hears the first word or sees the first step?

Now if the children are at school and Madeleine is doing nothing then I will probably feel different. However, just because you can afford a Nanny and go back to work does not mean you have to!
Old 01-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, especially this kind of statement, moaning about being interruped by the press on a family holiday at a 6.000+ Euro per night resort what the ordinary Swede can only dream about.

I am still waiting for Madeleine to present her agenda on how to service or do good things for Sweden, as she announced in her interview. Childhood was a good excuse for her to spent a long time in NY while living off her family's money while not really working, I hope in London history will not repeat itself.
First of all, (1) Madeleine is a beautiful woman (2) she is a princess of the blood royal of the SRF, and (3) being a member of a royal family, she has been given great privelege in life. So with only (1) even if she wasn't royalty, she would have married well, and would have been exhausted after 2 hours of interviewing applicants for a new hairdresser who charges 1000€ a pop. So if you add (2) and (3) into the equation, you end up with someone who will never understand what a real job entails; she will never ever get it. Just from her posts on Facebook she obviously felt sorry for her and her family, and has no comprehension of her frivolousness in others' eyes. She will never get it simply because she doesn't have to - she is financially set for life. She doesnt owe anybody, especially the Swedish people, anything. I know the Swedes do not feel that way, but she could up her title, live off of daddy, and never have to owe an explanation to anyone. We may not like it, but it is what it is.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I totally agree. If Madeleine is financially able to not work and stay at home with the children, all power to her. It's still pretty common for women here to stay at home until their youngest child reaches Nursery School or Kindergarten.

Children grow and change so much and so very fast it is easy to miss a lot when you are not looking. Who wants it to be the Nanny to be the one that hears the first word or sees the first step?

Now if the children are at school and Madeleine is doing nothing then I will probably feel different. However, just because you can afford a Nanny and go back to work does not mean you have to!

Totally agree there is nothing wrong with being a stay at home Mum if you can afford it do it it's something you will never regret

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-23-2016, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Totally agree there is nothing wrong with being a stay at home Mum if you can afford it do it it's something you will never regret

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
No problem if Madeleine said so. But she doesnt. She talks in interviews about the many opportunities to work for Sweden. And nothing happens. She could have said, look, I have two small kids now, I want to concentrate on them and we'll see. Instead, she's the first to return to Sweden for high profile events, then complaining about being targeted by the paps because she's private.

She went to NY to get away from it all and it came in handy that Childhood had an office there. IMO it was more or less an excuse to live there and not being too much questioned about it. Now she's in London, where Childhood has no dependance and Madeleine keeps talking about lots of work that could be done.
IMO she should stop talking and if she does she should move on from words to deeds.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
No problem if Madeleine said so. But she doesnt. She talks in interviews about the many opportunities to work for Sweden. And nothing happens. She could have said, look, I have two small kids now, I want to concentrate on them and we'll see. Instead, she's the first to return to Sweden for high profile events, then complaining about being targeted by the paps because she's private.

She went to NY to get away from it all and it came in handy that Childhood had an office there. IMO it was more or less an excuse to live there and not being too much questioned about it. Now she's in London, where Childhood has no dependance and Madeleine keeps talking about lots of work that could be done.
IMO she should stop talking and if she does she should move on from words to deeds.
World Childhood Foundation USA has updated their website.
At "Our People" Madeleine was previously a project manager, now she is "Co-Founder of ThankYou by Childhood HRH Princess Madeleine Bernadotte of Sweden"
Our people — World Childhood Foundation

And at "Board of Directors" she is "Honorary Board Member H.R.H Princess Madeleine of Sweden"
Board of Directors — World Childhood Foundation

She isn't a member or Honorary member of the Board of World Childhood Sweden, at least according to their website:
Styrelse - Childhood.se
Old 02-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall and Expressen are speculating about Madeleine coming to work events in Sweden next week.

Madeleine has been throughout the fall in London. But now Madeleine plans to come to Sweden with her children.
- The princess has a series of official engagements at home in Sweden. Among other things, a board meeting of the World Childhood Foundation at the palace with the Queen, says Margareta Thorgren.
The meeting is on Wednesday next week and the day after, Madeleine has another work event at the Palace.
But according to Expressen's information these meeting are not the primary reason that Madeleine comes home to Sweden. It is, instead, two other things:
- Victoria is having a baby again. Last time when Estelle was born, Madeleine was in USA. It then took exactly one week after Estelle had been born Madeleine came home and met the princess. This time, Madeleine wants to be in place in Sweden at the birth. When Nicolas was born, Victoria was in Riga on a work event, but flew home on first plane to Sweden.
- Leonore's birthday next Saturday. Leonore fills the two years and grandmother Silvia has expressed the wish to celebrate her granddaughter at home in Sweden at Drottningholm Palace. Normally Silvia and the king would go to London, but they don't want on that weekend leave Sweden because Victoria's birth can occur at any time.
Margareta Thorgren confirms to Expressen that the family will gather next weekend in Stockholm to celebrate Leonore's second birthday:
- Yes it is true. The family will celebrate the Princess in Sweden.
Also Chris O'Neill?
- Yes, Chris O'Neill also comes to Sweden.
The court has said all along that Crown Princess Victoria gives birth in early March. Does it mean that Princess Madeleine now remains in Sweden until then?
- We have no information about that, says Thorgren.
Prinsessan Madeleine och familjen till Sverige för Leonores födelsedag _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Old 02-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Majesty

it would make sense if this time they were all together for the birth of the second child of victoria, so i can see this happening. london is only a short flight away from sweden, so i assume that madeleine would want to be with her family to celebrate the birthday of leonore and also the new arrival.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

It has been noted that Chris did not wear his wedding ring at the Te Deum for Oskar.
Chris obegripliga svek mot Madeleine | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria
Old 03-18-2016, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The original story is at gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan, the cover:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDAo-sxG...=hant_i_veckan
Old 03-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe he just doesn't like wearing it. Lots of men don't. Some women don't. I certainly don't think that wearing a wedding ring is "proof of love", or that failure to wear it is proof of absence of love.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the media is simply desperate for proof that their marriage is ending. My father lost his wedding ring on the golf course 3 years in and never replaced it. They have been married for 44 years in May.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Chris is the swedish press punchball, so I'm not surprised to see another go at him. Oh dear, I guess that every person that does't wear their wedding band has troubles in the marriage then... No wonders Chris hates swedish paps...
Old 03-18-2016, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor Christopher. I hope for him and his family that the paparazzis will stop her "war" against him.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:58 AM
Commoner

So what? Lots of my friends are married but don't everyday wear their wedding ring, yet, they are madly in love and faithful to their spouse.
Trust gutter press to notice little detail like this and instantly jump to the worst conclusion. Why am I not surprised? Seeing this kind of headlines...well, it makes me sad for them. It must be hard living like this, wanting other people to fail, be unhapppy and betrayed. How they can look in the eye of their own partner in the evening when during the daytime they have created trash articles about the people they don't actually know
Old 03-19-2016, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

My DH and I don't wear rings...we used to but got out of the habit of it for one reason or another. We've been married about 30 years.

Could be that maybe Chris's ring is out for repair or maybe, being human, he just forgot to put it on.

LaRae

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine