The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't find it strange at all that Madeleine and her family will be spending Christmas time with the O'Neills. It's their "turn" now...

Old 12-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't find it strange at all that Madeleine and her family will be spending Christmas time with the O'Neills. It's their "turn" now...

Yes, it's a completely normal thing for families to take turns each Christmas, which is why I said "I guess I shouldn't have found it that surprising".

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Yes, it's a completely normal thing for families to take turns each Christmas, which is why I said "I guess I shouldn't have found it that surprising".
But that implied that you were surprised at first
Old 12-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
But that implied that you were surprised at first

I was - I don't know why though.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I was - I don't know why though.
Maybe you missed that, but Madeleine said it the interview at "Skavlan" she and Chris gave...
Old 12-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

8*Personajes reconocidos que merecen respeto

the link is in Spanish, it talks about Princess Madeleine, but it is interested to read it all!
the title:
Eight recognized characters who deserve respect

She is Madeleine of Sweden, and clean after her dog does when they go for a walk. It does herself.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear, I had never see that "particular" photo of Madeleine before.
I guess it's not something usual to see a "posh" princess picking up what's left of her dog, after he relieved himself. But, I think it's what correctness demads. After all, if I am not wrong, it has become compulsive in Japan, or in another asian state, to keep it clean. I don't know the rules in NyC. Anyway, after the first instants of hilarity, that photo reminded me of Zorro, who passed away recently. Poor dog!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Majesty

It's the law here too, but there are far too many who leave it on paths etc. It is really nice to see that she is just like everyone else cleaning up after her dog. Normal!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It's the law here too, but there are far too many who leave it on paths etc. It is really nice to see that she is just like everyone else cleaning up after her dog. Normal!
Yes, it is! I never had the vibe of a dutiful housewife etc from Madde, but I'm glad she has proved me wrong in this field
Old 12-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Yes, it is really nice to see a posh princess doing the right thing! even though is the law a lot of people don't care and they leave it! I live in Vegas, you know how many times I have in my front lawn people leave it there and don't pick it up?
to say more I have in my front lawn a huge christmas inflatable, a Santa and a snow man, connected by a candy cane and a few days ago I go to check why it is no on and I found my snow man with dog pee! , the dog had to cross all my front lawn through all the lights and sit confortable on the snow man and left it there and the owner probably couldn't care less! I was so furious, wish I would know where he lives! Discussing!

A lot of this people should to learn from Princess Madeleine, no matter what is her status, she did a decent thing! good for her and I have even more respect for her ....... to be so down to earth!
Old 12-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
(snip)
A lot of this people should to learn from Princess Madeleine, no matter what is her status, she did a decent thing! good for her and I have even more respect for her ....... to be so down to earth!
Yep, good for her! She's doing the responsible thing, and also setting an example. If an HRH Princess can do it, everyone else can and should.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

'Down to earth' reality is she would have had massive PR problems had she not picked up the dog-poo as a NYC resident. There would have been a public stoning.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Oh dear, I had never see that "particular" photo of Madeleine before.
I guess it's not something usual to see a "posh" princess picking up what's left of her dog, after he relieved himself. But, I think it's what correctness demads. After all, if I am not wrong, it has become compulsive in Japan, or in another asian state, to keep it clean. I don't know the rules in NyC. Anyway, after the first instants of hilarity, that photo reminded me of Zorro, who passed away recently. Poor dog!
What??! Oh no....I thought Zorro was a young dog...he was so adorable. I am surprised and saddened to read that he died.

What happened?
Old 12-30-2015, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
'Down to earth' reality is she would have had massive PR problems had she not picked up the dog-poo as a NYC resident. There would have been a public stoning.
Well, there's that, too! She really has no choice, does she?!
Old 12-31-2015, 03:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
or if she had an assistant with her who'd do it for her
Old 12-31-2015, 04:28 AM
Courtier

In Switzerland a lot of people (including me) are picking up behind their dogs. We do have specialy 'robidog' wastbaskets which also provide the plastic bags. You find them everywhere
:)
Old 12-31-2015, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
What??! Oh no....I thought Zorro was a young dog...he was so adorable. I am surprised and saddened to read that he died.

What happened?

Yes. Details were not revelead, but the court confirmed the news, after it had appeared in the press... The court said he was ill,and Madeleine did was it was the right thing to do: let him go. She even posted a pic of her late do in her fb page, stating that he will be missed.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Majesty

Oh, that makes me sad. Thanks Marty, for the information.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

The villa in Palm Beach is still on sale, the price is going down and is now 4.700,000 USD.
Corcoran, 207 Bahama Lane, Palm Beach Real Estate, South Florida Homes, Palm Beach, Rosalind Clarke
Old 01-09-2016, 07:23 AM
Courtier

Dear Moonmaiden23, PM over the Christmas period also put a picture of Zorro on Facebook stating how much he is missed. My heart went to her.

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine