General Information on Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansgar

City
Wien
Country
Austria
Dear friends,

I'm searching for the emblem of HRH Princess Madeleine and the future emblem of Pincess Madeleine and her husband Christopher O'Neil. Do you have pictures of the emblems? Thanks a lot!

Dear friends,

I'm searching for the emblem of HRH Princess Madeleine and the future emblem of Pincess Madeleine and her husband Christopher O'Neil. Do you have pictures of the emblems? Thanks a lot!

Do you mean the monograms, here are the monograms of the swedish royal family.
Kungafamiljens monogram - Sveriges Kungahus

The court hasn't officially published the monogram of Madeleine and Chris yet, here's the monogram from the wedding invitation.
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...umn&guid=fe742ea3-7352-4898-b403-777846c1c7bb

Madeleine's coat of arms
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...san_Madeleine_vapen_med_Serafimerkors.svg.png

Do you mean the monograms, here are the monograms of the swedish royal family.
Kungafamiljens monogram - Sveriges Kungahus

The court hasn't officially published the monogram of Madeleine and Chris yet, here's the monogram from the wedding invitation.
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler.axd?imageFormat=secondColumn&guid=fe742ea3-7352-4898-b403-777846c1c7bb

Madeleine's coat of arms
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Prinsessan_Madeleine_vapen_med_Serafimerkors.svg/321px-Prinsessan_Madeleine_vapen_med_Serafimerkors.svg.png

I rather like the monogram on the wedding invitation! I hope they keep it!

On a side note -I'm looking forward to seeing if Estelle's changes a bit as she gets a little older from a simple E, to something double to a more intricate design like her mothers or grandfathers.

Thanks a lot. I meant the coat of Arms, but I love the monogram, especially the monogram of both.

Zooro - Breed

Hey,

Does anybody know the breed of Zorro, Madeleine's dog?

DI (Dagens Industri, a magazine of finance and business) had on it's Weekend issue a long article about Chris

"Madeleine's prince goes his own way"

When princess Madeleine gets married she will do it with one who works at the background of financial world and who avoids publicity. Chris O'Neill gives middle finger to photographers, doesn't give interviews and has deciced to stay outside the royal family so that he can carry on with his business.
At the social circles of New York Chris is described as a party animal. But both he and his employer Noster Capital are unknown names for a big amount of those who work at the finance world and DI Weekend contacted with.

"He will not give any interview before the wedding", told Bertil Ternert. According to Ternert Chris thinks also that this externality he has chosen himself gives him a bigger right to act incognito. This right he used when the royal couple visited USA in May. There were many visits american towns at the schedule. Chris attended one event at Manhattan, where they were shown a building where the swedish immigrants arrived.
But to a disappointment of the press who had travelled with the royal couple, there was no comments by the future husband of the princess. A TV-team from SVT, which produces the program "A Year with the Royal Family" got to see that the promised interview was cancelled and they protested by flying back to Sweden right away.

The whole article
di.se - Weekend Madeleines prins går sin egen väg
Translation

Last edited:
Is it just me or does anyone else have a feeling after reading this, that this is not a marriage that is going to last. After reading several articles and seeing pictures, I'm just not convinced of the longevity of this relationship. Of course, I do not know them personally, it's just a sixth sense or feeling that I'm getting.

Is it just me or does anyone else have a feeling after reading this, that this is not a marriage that is going to last. After reading several articles and seeing pictures, I'm just not convinced of the longevity of this relationship. Of course, I do not know them personally, it's just a sixth sense or feeling that I'm getting.

I've had that feeling too, but I hope I'm wrong

I don't feel like they are the perfect match, but I think it'll last only if Chris is willing to put up with the royal side of things. I don't see him rolling over like Daniel.

I have that same feeling. Chris just doesn't seem too enthused about marrying Madeleine or accepting that she's a princess.

I hope that this marriage will last. As princess Gertrude pointed out, I or we don't know them personally and don't know what's really going on behind the scenes but I hope everything will work out for them.

Marrying Princess Madeleine means you will have no other choice but to accept the life package that comes with her. Despite her living in America most of the time, Madeleine will be participating in royal family events and I hope Chris will be there for her and be at her side as she carryout official duties.

I think it's great that Chris want to carry on with his job because his life, dreams and passion is important too. I just hope they're able to juggle these different lifestyles.

I don't feel like they are the perfect match, but I think it'll last only if Chris is willing to put up with the royal side of things. I don't see him rolling over like Daniel.

Daniel 'rolled over' because he decided to marry a future Queen, and that means her future role takes absolute precedence. If he didn't like that, then he did
Nt have to get married.

Madeleine is a completely different case.

Currently 4th in line to the throne, and can only get further away. She lives and works in America, she is marrying an American and therefore royal life is not a priority. H is taking nothing by way of finance or status from the SRF. He is rather like Prince Philip in that all the ceremonial disinterests or bores him. Stuffy palace types in 1947 said that that marriage wouldn't last and now over 60 years later .............

He is going through the fuss, will get married and then they will get back to their normal life. Can't believe that some of you are being so negative.

Lighten up and be happy for them.

How long was she with Jonas together? 8 years? And 3 years after the break she will marry this man....
I am sure, that this is not the big love, she is still dissapointed and has a broken heart forever, but she will be every day older, she wants children, so she hasn't got more time to find somebody. This man is rich, not so ugly, so she has what for her important is.

Nobody is obliged to give an interview. And it is awful that the press so presses him.

Good grief, they havent even made it to the altar yet and already people are in a feeding frenzy predicting the end!!!
I bet the couple cannot wait to get all this out of the way and settle into their new life in NYC, and to stay as far away from prying eyes and gossip mongers as possible.

Last edited:

Daniel didn't "roll over". He went into his marriage with his eyes open - and his mind and heart firmly in place. He knew what his role would be - to support Victoria and the royal family. And IMHO he is doing a fantastic!!! job.

How long was she with Jonas together? 8 years? And 3 years after the break she will marry this man....
I am sure, that this is not the big love, she is still dissapointed and has a broken heart forever, but she will be every day older, she wants children, so she hasn't got more time to find somebody. This man is rich, not so ugly, so she has what for her important is.

Pure speculation, nothing based on fact and frankly, an unpleasant thing to say about anyone.

I have a different feeling: that they are indeed a well-matched couple, and that this will give P.Madeleine an opportunity/excuse to perform less and less royal duties because 'she lives far away'...
To me she comes across as really liking her life in the US and being able to do what she wants...

I hope this marriage will last. I think they are mature adults, and are able to accommodate their feelings with the way of life they want to have. Sure Chris wants to remain as close as possible to his current way of life, which is probably the safest way for him, bearing in mind that he probably speaks only little Swedish. He is certainly aware that there is a proportion of the Swedish population which is no longer really in favour of a monarchy. In case he would take a closer involvement in activities of the royal family, he would be an easy target for criticism.
If they like their current way of life, why not just continue with it, with however an official statute, and the possibility to have children. I also hope we continue to see Madeleine regularly in Sweden, without negative spéculations in case she comes on her own!!! to me that would sound perfectly natural.

So basically you are saying Madeleine is calculating, shallow and a golddigger?

Madeline is a smart girl and understands that she is slipping further and further from royal life and has chosen to build a private life for herself and possible children.

Daniel didn't "roll over". He went into his marriage with his eyes open - and his mind and heart firmly in place. He knew what his role would be - to support Victoria and the royal family. And IMHO he is doing a fantastic!!! job.

Well said! Absolutely! 100%, Daniel is a fantastic husband to Victoria.

Princess Madeleine was stopped by police as she glided past the queues and drove in the bus lane in central Stockholm yesterday.
She was released first off because it was unclear whether she had immunity from prosecution or a special permit - which she has not.
The King may violate the rules at any time - and still escape prosecution and punishment.
It is enshrined in the Constitution, one of Sweden's four constitutions.

Police had yesterday a check at Kungsträdgårdsgatan running between Hamngatan and the Palace. After a while appeared a black Volvo XC 60 in the bus lane, towards the Palace. Behind the wheel sat a person who did not have to show identification cards to show who she was - Princess Madeleine.
- I can certify that she was stopped in traffic control we had, which focused on collectively lanes, says Lars Lindholm.
According to Aftonbladet data Princess Madeleine then be showed a piece of paper and claimed that she had immunity from prosecution.
- I can not answer that, but the police officer who stopped her felt uncertainty about these immunity rules, if they were for the whole royal family. Or if there could be any exception rule for the Court's cars. And now we have checked it, says Lars Lindholm. Immunity rules apply only head of state, not her. And any exclusion rule, we have not found. This means that we will write a report.
Madeleine gets a traffic fine of SEK 1000.
Prinsessan Madeleine stoppad av polisen när hon körde i bussfil - Aftonbladet

EDIT And now Bertil Ternert has given a statement: Madeleine was driving one of cars of Royal Mews, which have a permission to drive at the bus lane...
Hovet slår tillbaka mot polisen Nyheter Aftonbladet

And there will be a lot of bitter comments of the privileges of the royalty, just before the wedding.

Last edited:
She ended her engagement three years ago that is a long time to get over some one. I think she found a good man who she loves and who loves her and wants as much as possible for them to have a normal life together.

About Madeleine driving at the bus lane
The court and Ternert refer to the permission given to the Royal Mews "for drivers of the Royal Mews in connection with state visits and the corresponding temporary vehicle."
Royal Mews interpretation is that the princess' car ride occurred "in connection with state visits".
- We have a wedding in a few days. This is the county administrative's way to express themselves when we carry out major events, said Mertil Melin, Chief of the Royal Mews.
The court will not appeal against any order of fine.
- We hope that we can sort this out, we will not challenge the police decision. We will not appeal this. We will clarify this with the provincial government. I understand that this is a misunderstanding. says Bertil Ternert.
Will the cars run any other way before you know if there will be an order of injunction or not?
- No, we are hoping for a quick and easy solution. We hope that the cortege will not be stopped, says Ternert.
Prinsessan Madeleine stoppad av polisen Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of fuss over a simple traffic violation.

Aftonbladet has interviewed a solicitor and expert of traffic laws and justice, Leif Rydström.

On Wednesday evening the court represented a document from the County Administrative Board of Stockholm that gives permission to drive the vehicle in question in the public transport field "in connection with state visits and the corresponding".
According to Leif Rydström, it is doubtful whether the condition was valid yesterday afternoon when Madeleine was caught by police - three days before the wedding.
- This condition is only applicable in the context of representation with foreign countries. Therefore, it is not valid if she takes hand of matters concerning wedding, meets friends or visits the Palace, says Leif Rydström.

According to Bertil Ternert Madeleine was on her way to the Royal Palace.
- She was working with preparations for the wedding.
Leif Rydström says Madeleine faces now with the choice to confess the crime or deny the crime.
- If she recognizes it she will pay. Otherwise, it's up to prosecutors to decide whether to run a process and I think they should. The law should be equal for all and this is not a common man gets away from, says Leif Rydström.
Experten Madeleine borde erkänna Nyheter Aftonbladet

Good grief, it does seem as if certain elements in the Swedish press are blowing a simple traffic violation all out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom