The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 10-20-2013, 02:22 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,279
Expressen writes on it's website about Aftonbladet writing on it's paper version about Madeleine's interview in swedish Elle, and quotes some things at the interview.
Madeleine tells that Chris O'Neill fell in love with first sight, but Madeleine needed a little persuasion with dinners and movies. Madeleine says that it is reassuring to be married. Now they are two. It is Chris and Madeleine against to the world in some way.
There has been speculation that the couple would move back home when Madeleine became pregnant, to ensure your baby's place in the line of succession, but so far it's Manhattan that applies. Madeleine tells that they will continue to stay in New York until further notice. It is New York that Chris is working from and she hopes she can continue to work with Thank you campaign after the baby is born. The baby just comes with to the meetings. It is so exciting and they are so happy, even if it happened a bit quickly and suddenly. But it's better than planning and waiting and maybe nothing happens, Madeleine says.
Madde Det är Chris och jag mot världen Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation'

Edit
And now Aftonbladet has put the story at their website too
Madeleine about chris: Well, who is he? That what all people in Sweden probably think. And how did we fall in love? Hmm ... Our answer is a little different from each other. Chris says that he fell in love with me at first sight . It took a little longer on me.
For her, it started with a friendship which eventually grew into something more. Madeleine says that she had just moved to New York and met him through mutual friends. Chris has the ability to get everyone around him feel good. I like that. And he is romantic. A real gentleman. We went to the movies and ate dinner together. Went to classical dates.
Already in August 2010, Chris flew to Sweden to meet Madeleine in Stockholm, and during a visit to the restaurant Riche they were captured on a photo together. But because of the recently crashed relationship with Jonas Bergström Madeleine wanted that they would take slowly at the beginning, she says that because she came from a long relationship, I really wanted to take it slow, one day at a time. The love grew. She began to realize that I longed so much for him when he was not there. That was how it began for me. And that is probably what is love, when you feel you can not live without each other.
Madeleine tells that she reads the American pregnancy bible "What to expect when you're expecting" by Heidi Murkoff, she has always been interested in biology and find it fascinating to read about how the body works and everything that happens within you when you are pregnant.
”Chris blev kär vid första ögonkastet” Nyheter Aftonbladet
__________________

__________________
  #122  
Old 10-20-2013, 05:10 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,279
Madeleine's 11-page interview and reportage with photos is on November's Elle, which comes to markets on Tuesday.
There are 4 special covers of subscribers of Elle, here is two of them. The first one is the real cover.
- My work for Childhood has given me a new perspective on life. It has taught me to control my emotions. Turning outrage and frustration into positive energy, says Princess Madeleine in the interview and talks about the strong encounters she has had during his work with young people who are victims of violence or neglect.
Going to the exclusive charity event to raise money for the Foundation is part of Princess Madeleine's everyday life:
- Gala dresses and high heels are a part of the work uniform, says Madeleine to ELLE.
Prinsessan Madeleine i exklusiv intervju i nya ELLE ”Jag har så mycket att vara tacksam för” ELLE
Translation
__________________

__________________
  #123  
Old 10-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 495
Thank You for Sharing this!!
__________________
  #124  
Old 10-21-2013, 09:39 AM
MoonShadow123's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ..., United Kingdom
Posts: 239
Madeleine looks wonderful in this photo shot.
__________________
  #125  
Old 10-30-2013, 12:51 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,279
Expressen presents Madeleine's and Chris' favourite restaurants and shops in New York.
New York Superguide till Maddes Manhattan Allt om resor Reseguider,*flygresor och*reportage om att resa Expressen
Translation
__________________
  #126  
Old 10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,279
More photos from the Elle interview
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I would like to know why she did this interview, and especially why she posed like a supermodel? The first photo isn't very discreet. She says she wants to promote Childhood. Does she really think that people would give more money to Childhood when she poses like this, and not if she makes a "normal" interview? She says she wants to be left alone and loves to be a private person, but still she speaks about very personal matters, when it suits her.
__________________
  #127  
Old 10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,189
Personally, she looks like a spoilt little rich kid having her cake and eating it to. She wants privacy, practicially lives in another country, and does little or not work for her country and yet does an interview with Elle and acts like a fashionista.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #128  
Old 10-30-2013, 03:18 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
More photos from the Elle interview
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I would like to know why she did this interview, and especially why she posed like a supermodel? The first photo isn't very discreet. She says she wants to promote Childhood. Does she really think that people would give more money to Childhood when she poses like this, and not if she makes a "normal" interview? She says she wants to be left alone and loves to be a private person, but still she speaks about very personal matters, when it suits her.
She looks beautiful

Nothing wrong with the first shot IMO -and just think of Maxima and that red layered frock!

To be honest, and this may bring out some snarking, the statements you quote sound v like Diana, Princess of Wales, who also modelled/posed for fashion magazines, and wanted privacy, and wanted to do charitable acts esp for children.

So no surprises

And as for "having her cake and eating it" - we probably all would if we could.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #129  
Old 10-30-2013, 04:20 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
She looks beautiful

Nothing wrong with the first shot IMO -and just think of Maxima and that red layered frock!

To be honest, and this may bring out some snarking, the statements you quote sound v like Diana, Princess of Wales, who also modelled/posed for fashion magazines, and wanted privacy, and wanted to do charitable acts esp for children.

So no surprises

And as for "having her cake and eating it" - we probably all would if we could.
Oh, heaven forbid!

It is human nature to want to have one's cake and eat it too but it's wisdom that makes us realize that we often cannot.

And the more annoyed she gets about it, the more the press and public will seek her out. Becomes all a game, doesn't it? Just like you-know-who who you just mentioned....
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #130  
Old 10-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

And as for "having her cake and eating it" - we probably all would if we could.
Perhaps you would, but I know if I was being paid by the taxpayer I wouldn't scream for privacy, live in another country, not perform any royals duties unless absolutely necessary and potentially have a member of the close royal family born out of the country. I don't think that's fair. I would do my duty and suck up whatever issues I had with the press. It's how it should work. Madeleine doesn't even have the excuse of not being born into the family, this has been her life since birth.

Madeleine wants to have the celebrity lifestyle with the Princess title, and personally I don't think it works like that.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #131  
Old 10-30-2013, 05:29 PM
MagMil's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Posts: 2,526
Royal Press Europe - Royal Photoagency - © Albert Nieboer & Albert Philip van der Werf

http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edori...c5ace8eeac2344
__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost
  #132  
Old 11-02-2013, 04:13 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,279
One more photo from the Elle interview
http://cs409131.vk.me/v409131088/4f7a/rRXjGXtJRz4.jpg

Stoppa pressarna quotes parts of the interview in Elle
Princess Madeleine is happy with life today, but there was a time when she did not feel as confident in himself.
- I wanted so incredibly much to be like everyone else. Able to do what my friends did. But I could not. I've had to live with that for my whole life, says Madde to Elle.
Instead of hanging with her friends fled the princess to the stables, where she sought solace with the horses. Attention was nothing like the princess liked. During her career as a rider she competed with the name Anna Svensson to escape all the fuss around her.
Even in adulthood, Madeleine has had difficulties with the publicity, which she often has shown. After the breakup with Jonas Begström she fled to New York to escape all the attention.
- I've always felt uncomfortable, a little unsure about talking to a larger group of people, she says, arguing that it would have been nice to have a princess school.
- I am getting so much attention, I have to think about every word I say and have a knowledge that I am constantly being watched by both press and people. If you like attention maybe that's okay, but I have never done that. I think it has been difficult.
But since marriage to Chris O'Neill the princess feels more confident in herself.
- I did not expect it to feel different, but it does. It's reassuring to be married. Now it's two of us. It's Chris and me against the world in some way.
http://www.stoppapressarna.se/kungli...-svara-uppvaxt

I can understand that she hasn't liked the publicity. But talking about that in an 11-page interview with a lot of big photos makes it sound a little odd. And when she talks about that it would have been nice to have a princess school it makes it sound like her parents have done a miserable job and not prepared her at all to a public life.
Giving this interview just broadens the gap between Madeleine and the other members of the royal family. The other family members, even Carl Philip, do the normal, "boring" work events and meet and talk with a lot of common people in Sweden, while Madeleine attends only the family celebrations or glamorous gala dinners or Nobels. I don't even remember when she has visited her duchies, it must have been years ago.
__________________
  #133  
Old 11-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 2,777
Madeleine has done a good job in publicizing Childhood with these glamourous pictures. Many princesses have used fashion magazines, Princess Mary has done several and even included her children. So has Mettit Marit. Remember, "believe half of what you see, one quarter of what you hear, and none of what you read".
__________________
  #134  
Old 11-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Madeleine has done a good job in publicizing Childhood with these glamourous pictures. Many princesses have used fashion magazines, Princess Mary has done several and even included her children. So has Mettit Marit. Remember, "believe half of what you see, one quarter of what you hear, and none of what you read".
Well if you look at how all the foreign press and most the people on here have reacted I don't think that is true IMO. No one has talked about Childhood, they've talked about Madeleine, her baby, her life, her husband. A poor excuse to act like a celebrity model if you ask me
__________________
  #135  
Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Well if you look at how all the foreign press and most the people on here have reacted I don't think that is true IMO. No one has talked about Childhood, they've talked about Madeleine, her baby, her life, her husband. A poor excuse to act like a celebrity model if you ask me
I agree. And most of the comments on swedish forums aren't about Childhood, people comment this interview and photoshoot with why she is so photoshopped, she is so styled that one hardly recognizes her, she is so beautiful, she had to do something so that people won't forget her in Sweden, how does it help the vulnerable children that she poses like a photo model. Someone tries to sum up all the trips Madeleine has done for Childhood during the years, but these people are a small minority.
__________________
  #136  
Old 11-04-2013, 01:58 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,317
I have to agree with you. I thought the article was interesting, noted that while she is quite a pretty woman she had been incredibly photoshopped to impossibly beautiful proportions, but the last thing I connected it or her with was Childhood. This has absolutely nothing to do with that charity and everything to do with Princess Madeleine being royal and being married to someone who is not a Swede and living in the US instead of Sweden. That, I guess, is news of a sort.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #137  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:22 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,078
When were the (really beautiful and glamorous) pics been taken?
Must have been directly after the honeymoon, in the early stages of pregnancy.... you cannot (yet) see anything from a larger belly ...
BYe Bine
__________________
  #138  
Old 11-05-2013, 06:28 PM
SwissRoyal's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Luzern, Switzerland
Posts: 96
I am very new to the forum, but would like to share some opinions on this couple.

First of all, I love them and you will not hear me say one bad word about them. I like Chris, he is smart, decent, seems very caring and genuinly loves her, IMO. So yes, he does look grumpy on posed pictures, but maybe he is just shy or really does not like to be in the spotlight in such a way. As for Madde, I appreciate how she represents Sweden in NY and also works for a charity. And yes, she likes to shop and dress up, but don't we all, ladies????

On the 'where should Mini-Maddie be born' issue: why would she have the baby in Sweden if they live and work in NY? To the Swedes, would it make you feel better (in terms of tax payers' money) if she had the baby in Sweden and would just fly back to NY a few weeks later? I guess not...

On the 'living off tax money' issue: I have no problem with that, this is just how it works in countries that have a RF. As long as they are transparent on royal house finances (and I believe the SRF is), I do not care.

On the 'he does not love her, she does not love him' question that keeps this forum very busy: I think they are very cute together, but maybe not when photographed in public. Chris was very affectionate at the wedding, Maddie is very sweet to him when the two are pictured at unexpected moments. I do not believe either that he just fell for the royal title. He seems to prefer that she just would be a normal person.

On the 'should Mini-Maddie be a HRH' issue: I expect Madde and Chris to choose for their kids not to have titles, to enable them to have a more normal life. I do not think they care about the HRH status for their kid. Would be nice if the kid will be little miss O'Neill.

Just my 2 cents on the discussion.

Something to consider: will Madde and Chris (now that he quit his job at Noster, but is very secretive about his next step) choose to move to Europe, but Londen or Switzerland instead of Sweden? They said they did not rule out the possibility of moving over to Europe, they never said it would be Sweden.
__________________
  #139  
Old 11-06-2013, 02:35 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 16,279
On the cover of Svensk Damtidning:
To a new home
Madeleine and Chris move in three weeks
Agent: They needed a bigger one
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/SDT.jpg

Stoppa pressarna quotes the article in Svensk Damtidning and tells that Madeleine and Chris have gained a bigger and more child-friendly accommodation. They are going to move in three weeks. They leave their penthouse of 220 square metres and move to a more child-specific area on Roosevelt Island, which is located in the East River across from Manhattan. According to the couple's agent their home isn't big enough now when they are having a child and Roosevelt Island is one of the latest trend places to stay in New York. Here, among others, Beyoncé and Jay-Z have one of their homes. It seems like Madeleine defies both her mother's and sister's plea to return to Sweden. A close source told to Svensk Damtidning that "as I understand from the princess she wants to both to give birth and live in New York".
The reason that Madeleine and Chris stay in New York is believed to be that they can be more anonymous than in Sweden, and that Chris wants to be close to his work.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill stannar i New York
Translation
__________________
  #140  
Old 11-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
I am very new to the forum, but would like to share some opinions on this couple.

First of all, I love them and you will not hear me say one bad word about them. I like Chris, he is smart, decent, seems very caring and genuinly loves her, IMO. So yes, he does look grumpy on posed pictures, but maybe he is just shy or really does not like to be in the spotlight in such a way. As for Madde, I appreciate how she represents Sweden in NY and also works for a charity. And yes, she likes to shop and dress up, but don't we all, ladies????

On the 'where should Mini-Maddie be born' issue: why would she have the baby in Sweden if they live and work in NY? To the Swedes, would it make you feel better (in terms of tax payers' money) if she had the baby in Sweden and would just fly back to NY a few weeks later? I guess not...

On the 'living off tax money' issue: I have no problem with that, this is just how it works in countries that have a RF. As long as they are transparent on royal house finances (and I believe the SRF is), I do not care.

On the 'he does not love her, she does not love him' question that keeps this forum very busy: I think they are very cute together, but maybe not when photographed in public. Chris was very affectionate at the wedding, Maddie is very sweet to him when the two are pictured at unexpected moments. I do not believe either that he just fell for the royal title. He seems to prefer that she just would be a normal person.

On the 'should Mini-Maddie be a HRH' issue: I expect Madde and Chris to choose for their kids not to have titles, to enable them to have a more normal life. I do not think they care about the HRH status for their kid. Would be nice if the kid will be little miss O'Neill.

Just my 2 cents on the discussion.

Something to consider: will Madde and Chris (now that he quit his job at Noster, but is very secretive about his next step) choose to move to Europe, but Londen or Switzerland instead of Sweden? They said they did not rule out the possibility of moving over to Europe, they never said it would be Sweden.
Very well said, SwissRoyal, and welcome to the board.
I am open to Maddes decision as well, but I would like to put some points into consideration:
- A born HSH has more benefits in life than a born Miss O´Neill. Sounds snobbish, but this is a FACT.
- If Chris has quit his job, he very easy can do new businesses (esp in Investment Industry) from everywhere in the world, he just needs a laptop and internet connection.
- If the city of choice should not be Stockholm for privacy reasons (I really can understand that), I could imagine, that Madde would love to be closer to her family, i.e. London/Switzerland could be more appropriate than NY. BTW: London and Zurich/Geneva are Europes Finance/Investment Cities No 1 .

BYe Bine
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill, Current Events Part 1: December 2012 - JessRulz Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill 509 11-10-2014 07:34 PM
Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris MagMil Wedding of Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill: June 8th 2013 480 06-09-2013 06:27 AM
Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: October 25, 2012 Elektra Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill 337 04-26-2013 02:27 PM
Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012 Catharina Current Events Archive 486 10-25-2012 08:52 AM




Popular Tags
belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]