The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Why on earth would she pay a fine that she doesn't have to as she had a permit? Do you have the habbit of donating money to the police for no good reason? I certainly don't.

Who are these 'experts' ? It seems they are nit picking jealous (tabloid)journalists who try to bash Madeleine at every opportunity they can, for no reason apart from her marrying a foreign, rich investment banker. I am sure that Carl-Gustav and Victoria have a lot more 'elite' privileges than Madeleine (who lives abroad), but somehow the press never mentions them. It all seems part of a very negative campaign against Madeleine and quite frankly it is getting repetative, tedious and rediculous.
I don't think Madeleine is being attacked for her choice of spouse. I would say that Victoria (as the heir) & Daniel and Carl Philip & Sofia received more scrutiny than Madeleine & Chris (and even previously Madeleine & Jonas) ever did. This got attention because Madeleine has a history of traffic violations and there is a perception of her as someone who tends to shun royal duties, but who gladly embraces the perks of her position. This incident is an example of that, emphasizing that the wedding is mainly a private occasion, but wanting to use a permit that is for "state visits or the equivalent."

You seem to think that because Madeleine was only in Sweden for a short time, she should have been free to enjoy privileges she goes without abroad. I'd argue that if she can follow the traffic rules in New York while living there, she should be able to follow the traffic rules in Sweden while she's here. When I first saw the article, I just thought "Oh, Madeleine, why did you have to go and do that?" and for what, to save a few minutes?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning wrote last week that they know how Madeleine and Chris met and how their relationship went further.
When the first photo of Madeleine and Chris at the restaurant The Boathouse was published in January 2011, everyone thought that they had just met.
But they met for the first time at the end of May 2010, when Madeleine didn't come to Sweden to Victoria's and Daniel's banns of marriage, but was in Miami with her friend Lovisa de Geer - and Jamie Dingman, who according to sources was dating Lovisa. Jamie took Madeleine and Lovisa to Bahamas where he lives. And there, in the Bahamas, and Florida, Madeleine was introduced to Jamie's friend Christopher O'Neill. Just three months later, 19th August 2010, Madeleine and Chris were photographed outside the restaurant Riche in Stockholm. Chris had already then a Childhood bracelet in his arm and he and Madeleine were sitting very close in the Riche (SvenskDam had a blurry photo). Six days later Madeleine attended at the wedding of Nikolaos and Tatiana, and so did Chris' friend and bestman Cedric Notz.

Cedric Notz told to Expressen, that he was with Madeleine, Chris and Madeleine's friends at a vacation in Barbados celebrating New Year 2011, before the first photo of the couple together was published (later the press found photos from August 2010 where Madeleine and Chris were together).

Old 06-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to this week's Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine and Chris have moved to a five-room penthouse of 217 square metres at East 57th Street. The apartment has a great view over the Queensboro bridge and East River. It has two private terraces, the other is to south (148 square metres) and other to northeast (117 square metres).
Old 06-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to this week's Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine and Chris have moved to a five-room penthouse of 217 square metres at East 57th Street. The apartment has a great view over the Queensboro bridge and East River. It has two private terraces, the other is to south (148 square metres) and other to northeast (117 square metres).
That seems so big for two people!
Old 06-29-2013, 01:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Well, they just got married and it is widely known that Madeleine wants to build a family...
Old 06-29-2013, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Well, they just got married and it is widely known that Madeleine wants to build a family...
It wouldn't surprise me to see Madeline with a little one within the year
Old 06-29-2013, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Really? It struck me as awfully small even if it is only 5 rooms in such a small space.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

If it's 5 rooms, that sounds like it would consist of two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, dining room or a spare room. Not that large at all considering the address.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Really? It struck me as awfully small even if it is only 5 rooms in such a small space.
217 square meters equals 2335 square feet. Not a small apartment.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has a floor plan of the penthouse. According to it there is kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms, an office/work room and 2 bathrooms.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

Great neighborhood, but I never saw the point of views of Queens and the 59th Street Bridge.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet writes about Madeleine's and Chris' new luxury apartment, nothing new, they just quote the article of Svensk Damtidning.
Här är Maddes och Chris nya lyxvåning Klick! Nöjesbladet Aftonbladet
Old 07-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

VeraSophie at RoyalDish Forum has found the sale announcement of Madeleine's and Chris' apartment, the photos are the same than at the article Svensk Damtidning wrote about their new penthouse. The penthouse cost 3850000 dollars, about 3 million euros.
Corcoran, 444 East 57th Street, Apt. PH, Sutton Area Real Estate, Manhattan For Sale, Homes, Sutton Area Condo, Dennis R. Hughes
Old 07-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

A lovely apartment. I love that sunroom and the rooftop garden; that's where I'd be spending all my time! But that mantel surround on the fireplace is just awful; that's the first thing to go if I were living there.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
217 square meters equals 2335 square feet. Not a small apartment.
Thanks. I was aware of exactly how big it was when I made my comment. I still do not consider that to be very large for 2 bedrooms, home office, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living/dining room. Presumably they will not be doing too much entertaining at home or at least not a large number of people at any one time.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to swedish press, Madeleine and Chris will go from Öland to French Riviera and Florida before they return to New York.
Madeleine och Chris intar Solliden Stoppa Pressarna

I would be surprised if they would go to Riviera, since Chris doesn't like the paparazzis very much.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court has given up for the pressure and complaints from the press that Madeleine and Chris haven't given any interviews, they have given an interview to Svenska Dagbladet.
Madeleine says that they discussed with her parents if she would give up her title like Märtha Louise, but they thought this way was the best for them. They also are going to move to Europe, probably Sweden, in the future. They speak english with eachother and german in NY when they want that no one understands them.
Smekmånaden kvar i vardagen Utrikes SvD
Translation

Expressen writes about the interview¨
Prinsessan och Chris berättar om nya livet Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

An article in the swedish press a couple of days ago
After the grand wedding - now Madeleine turns her back to Sweden. The Princess turned down Childhood's charity race for a fashion show in Paris.
Prinsessan Madeleine vänder Childhood ryggen Stoppa Pressarna
Translation
Old 07-15-2013, 02:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The court has given up for the pressure and complaints from the press that Madeleine and Chris haven't given any interviews, they have given an interview to Svenska Dagbladet.
Madeleine says that they discussed with her parents if she would give up her title like Märtha Louise, but they thought this way was the best for them. They also are going to move to Europe, probably Sweden, in the future. They speak english with eachother and german in NY when they want that no one understands them.
Smekmånaden kvar i vardagen Utrikes SvD
Translation

Expressen writes about the interview¨
Prinsessan och Chris berättar om nya livet Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

An article in the swedish press a couple of days ago
After the grand wedding - now Madeleine turns her back to Sweden. The Princess turned down Childhood's charity race for a fashion show in Paris.
Prinsessan Madeleine vänder Childhood ryggen Stoppa Pressarna
Translation
So she is giving up her title and moving to Sweden eventually?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
So she is giving up her title and moving to Sweden eventually?
No, she is not giving up her title. And they think they are moving to Europe in some point, and of course Sweden would be a big possibility.

Aftonbladet is also writing about the interview.
Madde Vi vill bilda familj i Sverige Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 07-15-2013, 04:42 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
No, she is not giving up her title. And they think they are moving to Europe in some point, and of course Sweden would be a big possibility.

Aftonbladet is also writing about the interview.
Madde Vi vill bilda familj i Sverige Nyheter Aftonbladet
My guess is they will base themselves in New York & London. Sweden is too small for them re lifestyle.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine