The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
We will have to wait, they haven't updated Madeleine's marriage to her website yet. When the court released that Chris will not have a title, they wrote "In accordance with royal protocol, a member of the Royal Family should be a Swedish citizen, and should not hold a position of responsibility within business".
I'm guessing then that he would be listed like "Prinsessan Margaretha, Fru Ambler". This shows only on the Swedish version of the website, but not the English.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Does anyone have any idea how, or if, Chris will be listed in the "family" portion of the official website?
I was looking at the official website of the Norwegian Royal Family and Ari Behn doesn't have his own section. I think the circumstances are rather similar for him and Chris except Märtha Louise gave up the style of "Her Royal Highness" and I haven't heard anything about Madeleine doing that.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kait View Post
I was looking at the official website of the Norwegian Royal Family and Ari Behn doesn't have his own section. I think the circumstances are rather similar for him and Chris except Märtha Louise gave up the style of "Her Royal Highness" and I haven't heard anything about Madeleine doing that.
I COULD be wrong, but I don't think Madeline HAS given up her "HRH" designation.

Matter of fact, last I can recall hearing/reading, she's not taking Chris' name, either.

Seems like they're happy as two hogs in mud, so whatever their status is regarding legal names, etc., it's all good!

I guess??

And anybody, please correct me if I'm wrong about that, and thanks in advance for the correction, if it's needed!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee View Post

I COULD be wrong, but I don't think Madeline HAS given up her "HRH" designation.

Matter of fact, last I can recall hearing/reading, she's not taking Chris' name, either.

Seems like they're happy as two hogs in mud, so whatever their status is regarding legal names, etc., it's all good!

I guess??

And anybody, please correct me if I'm wrong about that, and thanks in advance for the correction, if it's needed!
I would assume that it would have been announced when it was released by the palace that Chris had chosen the remain a private citizen and not take a title.

I don't believe the king has taken the from her or that she has decided to give it up. Perhaps she may not use it -who is to say she uses it in everyday life in NY as it is now... Heck, who knows... It's an interesting topic, though.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I would assume that it would have been announced when it was released by the palace that Chris had chosen the remain a private citizen and not take a title.

I don't believe the king has taken the from her or that she has decided to give it up. Perhaps she may not use it -who is to say she uses it in everyday life in NY as it is now... Heck, who knows... It's an interesting topic, though.
The Marshal of the Realm announced right after the engagement that Madeleine would remain as HRH princess Madeleine. Of course Madeleine can decide to give it up.
There has already been a lot of writings and talk at the swedish press that Madeleine should give up as a HRH.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee View Post

I guess??

Just to be clear, I wasn't weighing in on whether or not she should give it up. I was just theorizing using Norway as a reference and pointing out why my comparison may not be valid.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Courtier

IMHO Madeleine will probably keep her HRH to use to the benefit of the organizations she works with. Having a royal patron most definitely raises your profile and helps with donations.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Serene Highness

Well, HRH is a title she was born with so I can't see that people would mind her keeping it as long as she's not living on taxpayer money in New York. If she were to go into business then that would be different.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court has updated Madeleine's marriage to both her swedish and english website.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
H.R.H. Princess Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

But Chris isn't mentioned at the family website
Kungafamiljen - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Royal Family - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

What is a little odd, is that princess Lilian is still at the website.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Christopher O'Neill has left his position at hedge fund Noster Capital.
Ahead of the wedding with Princess Madeleine, sometime in April or May, Chris O'Neill ended his job as the head of research at Noster Capital, according to DI. This is not shown on the CV and biography of Christopher O'Neill royal court published on its website.
According to DI's source Chris O'Neill will pursue a career as a business angel. Based in New York, he shall build his own company where he will be working with, and invest in start-up companies.
di.se - Hovet mörkade att Chris O'Neills bytt karriär
Translation

Both Expressen and Aftonbladet quote the article in DI and have tried to get a comment from the court.
Hovet höll Chris beslut om jobbet hemligt Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Chris O'Neill har bytt jobb Bröllopet Aftonbladet
Bertil Ternert said that he knows just that Chris is working with some changes and he doesn't comment now, maybe later.

PR expert Paul Ronge says that it sounds like Chris wants to adjust his rather tarnished reputation. Ronge would be surprised if Chris wants to launch a charm offensive with the Swedish people. Swedish people's feelings for billionaires is not so good. Ronge sees that they're going to live a pretty anonymous and ordinary life of luxury in Manhattan.
Stock market analyst Mats Jonnerhag says that of course a business angel is better than working at a hedgefund. That's part of the process for him to be a little more housetrained when he married into the royal family. It's not very nice to sit in a hedge fund. They have speculated that countries and currencies will collapse, that Spain will go under. Then you earn money from it, says Jonnerhag.
Experterna om Chris nya jobb Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 06-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
The court has updated Madeleine's marriage to both her swedish and english website.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
H.R.H. Princess Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

But Chris isn't mentioned at the family website
Kungafamiljen - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Royal Family - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

What is a little odd, is that princess Lilian is still at the website.
Maybe they updated Madeleine's page, but forgot to change the Royal Family page. They will most probably mention him there following the template used for the King's sisters and their spouses: Princess Madeleine, born 1982, married to Mr. Christopher O'Neill.

I think they'll keep Princess Lilian's page up for a while...maybe until after her 1st death anniversary?
Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

The change in his career may also explain Chris' more relaxed attitude than usually!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Chris' job change may be good for Noster Capital also, the management didn't like that the reporters called there often asking about Chris.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

EXpressen has a long article about Chris' rich network
Chris rika nätverk Dokument Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 06-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen about the prenuptial agreement of Madeleine and Chris
Här är prinsessparets äktenskapsförord Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 06-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I didn't see this posted before, but some positive news about Madeleine; she doesnt have to pay a fine for driving over the bus lane. Apparently she did have a permit after all and the police and press was wrong.

Geen boete voor Madeleine - Royalty Online - Royalty -
original source: Aftonbladet.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I didn't see this posted before, but some positive news about Madeleine; she doesnt have to pay a fine for driving over the bus lane. Apparently she did have a permit after all and the police and press was wrong.

Geen boete voor Madeleine - Royalty Online - Royalty -
original source: Afontblatet.
The car which Madeleine was driving had a permit that the car could drive at the bus lane "in connection with state visits and corresponding circumstances". Obviously the police has interpreted Madeleine's drive so that the wedding can be compared to state visits. Madeleine was driving at the bus lane three days before the wedding.

Madeleine and the court would have got much more positive publicity if they would have paid the fine without complaints. The experts have written that this special permit brings to mind some sort of elite society. And at the social media the people write that this proves that people in Sweden aren't equal in front of the law.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Do they really need one? He has millions and she is a princess! He has no access to the swedish people's money.

Just trying to understand. What would they need one for? I could see one if he was a multimillionaire and she was a pauper. She is not a pauper by any means... She is the daughter of a king.

Can someone help translate so that I can understand?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Do they really need one? He has millions and she is a princess! He has no access to the swedish people's money.

Just trying to understand. What would they need one for? I could see one if he was a multimillionaire and she was a pauper. She is not a pauper by any means... She is the daughter of a king.

Can someone help translate so that I can understand?

I think it is more about the properties, goods, estates of Madeleine and so from the royalhouse. I can understand, that they don't want that some historical heritage will go to the O'Neils-family if they divorce.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
The car which Madeleine was driving had a permit that the car could drive at the bus lane "in connection with state visits and corresponding circumstances". Obviously the police has interpreted Madeleine's drive so that the wedding can be compared to state visits. Madeleine was driving at the bus lane three days before the wedding.

Madeleine and the court would have got much more positive publicity if they would have paid the fine without complaints. The experts have written that this special permit brings to mind some sort of elite society. And at the social media the people write that this proves that people in Sweden aren't equal in front of the law.
Why on earth would she pay a fine that she doesn't have to as she had a permit? Do you have the habbit of donating money to the police for no good reason? I certainly don't.

Who are these 'experts' ? It seems they are nit picking jealous (tabloid)journalists who try to bash Madeleine at every opportunity they can, for no reason apart from her marrying a foreign, rich investment banker. I am sure that Carl-Gustav and Victoria have a lot more 'elite' privileges than Madeleine (who lives abroad), but somehow the press never mentions them. It all seems part of a very negative campaign against Madeleine and quite frankly it is getting repetative, tedious and rediculous.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine