The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know since madeleine speak english so well? Because she lives in NY and with Chris is english speaker son I guess she must speak it almost like swedish

Old 01-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, Madeleine is fluent in English.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Chris and Madeleine also speak German together and Chris is learning Swedish.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Stoppa pressarna quotes the article in gossip magazine Hänt Extra:

That Madeleine declines official duties has become more the rule than the exception. And now once again her role as Princess of Sweden comes into question. Several critical votes mean that she is spoiled and lazy.
In the latest issue of Hänt Extra compares the Madeleine with the Princess and the pea.
Madeleine cancelled several events in December. Svensk Damtidning's reporter Margareta Heed says, that it can give a picture of that she doesn't take the duties as seriously as the Crown Princess, who goes on her duties by jumping on one leg.
Madeleine said no to the Nobel ceremony at the last moment, partly because she did not want to fly so far because of pregnancy. But just a week later, she put herself on a plane for a private trip to Sweden, then to travel on to London and Vienna.
At queen Silvia's official birthday lunch Madeleine had cold and didn't attend. Heed believes that it is Madeleine's duty to represent her country: Sweden's Princess must work for Sweden. if she does not want it, she can do as Norway's Princess Märtha Louise and renounce her Royal Highness title.
Kritikerna till attack mot prinsessan Madeleine Stoppa Pressarna
Old 01-29-2014, 02:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

WHat a nonsensical article. I do not see how the HRH is attached to her doing something/nothing. It isn't a work title, but she has been born with it. The articles in the press seem like an orchestrated campaign, mean spirited, incorrect and almost xenophobic at times.
Again: what is the problem? Prince Constantijn has been living abroad for ages, which is no problem. Prince Felix of Lux. married a foreigner and lives abroad, again no problem.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:25 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I think there is a campaign on the gossip scene con Madde and pro Sofia, but I have to say, Madde is making it easy for her detractors.
She comes across as cherry picking etc, her attitude is well documented in various threads.
Asking her to give up her title is nonsense imo, but when you try to live your life in a way that you try to chose when royal and when private and try to dictate the press when to let them in and when to shut them out, dont be surprised if it comes right back at ya.
I would be sorry though to see that there is a benefit for Sofia on Madde's back.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Madeleine and Chris with daughter and Zorro for a walk :-)
Princesses' lives: Madeleine, Chris and Leonore in New York
Old 03-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish MTV has photos of the common rooms of the house Madeleine and Chris live. The photos are at this week's Svensk Damtidning "The new New York -castle".
KUVAT Madeleinella ja Chrisillä hulppea koti New Yorkissa - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV.fi

Article about the apartment in Bunte
Schläft hinter diesen Mauern die kleine Leonore BUNTE.de
Old 03-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine of Sweden honeymoon photos lead to injunction
Apparently Chris has taken out an injuction against Bunte, which published the pics of Madeleine and Chris honeymoon! Well done!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am afraid that won't stop paparazzi. Paps are like dogs, who don't pay attention at those who do not get nervous and react.

They feel Chris's mood and attack him. They are not so interested in Victoria and Daniel as in Madeleine and Chris. Maybe it's because Madeleine lives in US and is more known due to this fact.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Courtier

I think you're right... i remember when Caroline of Monaco took action against paparazzi hunting her but lost the cause :-(
Old 03-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Many Swedish magazines published the photos too, is Chris doing the same to them?

The paparazzis took photos of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle in a holiday in Spain a year ago. They returned to Sweden some days earlier than planned.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Madeleine herself published a photo from her honeymoon on her facebook page, how does that fit with the injunction!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Madeleine herself published a photo from her honeymoon on her facebook page, how does that fit with the injunction!!!
She specifically said that she put a few pics AFTER she had found out that paparazzi published some photos of her honeymoon so she decided to publish a couple hoping the media would stop!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

The case against Bunte was from last September. Chris made a case against german Bunte, but not against swedish Expressen, Svensk Damtidning and others? The photos are still at the Expressen website.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Commoner

Vårkänslorna bland prinsessan och hennes vänner | Kungligt | Expressen.tv

Okay i just got bits and pieces of this interview with Lindwall, but he is so hard to understand. If someone can help me out he talks of the blossom of spring love with Madeleine and her friends. Thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Courtier

El feliz paseo de la princesa Magdalena por Central Park con su marido y su hija
Video of Madde & Chris with their little girl and friends in NY
Old 03-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Gentry

Victoria and Daniel have no engagements in their calendar early April. Will they fly out to NY to visit Leonore?
I think this is the moment the paps are waiting for. If M&C are smart, they will finally release some family photos and clearer photos of Leonore. Keeping her appearance a secret is becoming a bit of a North West (a la Kardashian) trick.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think they are necessarily keeping her appearance a secret, any pics I've seen she has been cosy in her pram!
Old 03-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
Victoria and Daniel have no engagements in their calendar early April. Will they fly out to NY to visit Leonore?
I think this is the moment the paps are waiting for. If M&C are smart, they will finally release some family photos and clearer photos of Leonore. Keeping her appearance a secret is becoming a bit of a North West (a la Kardashian) trick.
Yes, but the court updates the calendar very late sometimes. Victoria's Tuesday's and Thursday's events were put to the calendar on Tuesday, and also Daniel's Thursday's and next Monday's event. So we will have to wait if Victoria and Daniel will have free time so much that they could fly to New York.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine