Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström: August 11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
Now it is official, princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström are engaged, dated today:
Prinsessan Madeleine och jur.kand. Jonas Bergström förlovade - Kungahuset
Information about Jonas Bergström:
Kungahuset

Nu har de förlovat sig | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
According to the court press chief Nina Eldh this engagement has been planned for some time and both the king that the government has given its consent.
Date of wedding is not yet determined, but Nina Eldh says that it will not take place before the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria.
At 16.00 o'clock in today the couple will have a press conference for selected media at Solliden.

Madeleine och Jonas förlovade i hemlighet - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Johan T. Lindwall writes in Expressen, that Madeleine and Jonas got engaged in secret, they changed rings already two weeks ago. Already a month ago, the Princess's future husband had a secret meeting with the king.
The king accepted his request. The only requirement was that the king had was that Victoria and Daniel to get married first, June 19, 2010. After that it is optional for Madeleine and Jonas. The wedding will not be the same size as Victoria and Daniels forthcoming marriage. But the royals from across Europe, especially the heirs expected to Madeleine and Jonas wedding.

That's a great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for them!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!

More news to come later including a photo opportunity and chance for the press to ask a few questions. The government has already approved the marriage. So exciting!!

Updated Examiner Story

End of speculation!
Congratulations to the happy couple!

Viv

Yay! This is exciting! Honestly, though, I was not expecting this until after Victoria and Daniel's marriage.

My best congratulations to Madeleine and Jonas!!!

Wonderful news, congratulations to Madeleine and Jonas! :flowers::flowers:

Congratulations to Madeleine and Jonas. :flowers:

Oh this is great news!
Press conferense at Solliden 16.00

Any suggestions for day for the wedding???
maybe a whinter wedding??

Thats so great news, congratulations to Madeleine and Jonas:flowers:

Hope we'll be able to follow this press conference on the web!!

I think a winter wedding would be such a fairytale in Stockholm

Congratulations to the couple.:flowers:

Wow this came as a blunt delivery. But I'm happy for them.

Prinsessan Madeleine förlovad - rapport | svt.se
According to Nina Eldh, there is yet no information on when the wedding will take place or were the couple will live. One thing is certain - the wedding will not be held before the wedding of Crown princess Victoria or next year's elections.
-There are two big events next year, and it will not be held before them, says Eldh.

Sten Hedman, a court reporter, says that engagement came at a strange time. The couple has been together for almost eight years so it was expected that there would be an engagement but it is a little odd that it would be revealed in this way (SvenskDam).
He thinks that it is also surprising that they get married only after the elections next year.
-It is more strange, but I guess they think that it becomes too much with two royal weddings and that it might take attention from the election. I assume that there will be no wedding until late fall. It is also strange to have such a long engagement. The king and queen were only engaged in three months.

** The election of the swedish Riksdag is on the 19th September 2010.

Photo:
SvenskDam

Congratulations to the happy couple! The people of Sweden have plenty to celebrate with two royal weddings confirmed!

Wow, what a nice surprise! Congratulations to them both. So I guess they'll have to wait at least a year too.

Wow! So many years of waiting, and finally TWO royal weddings in Sweden announced !!!:swedenflag:

Congratulations to Madeleine and Jonas!!:flowers:

Watch out, hearts are breaking around the world! Jonas is a lucky guy! Congratulations to the pair and may they have many, many years of wedded bliss.
:heart::swedenflag::heart:

I never thought they will engaged before Victoria and Daniel will married. Thats a surprise, but a really nice surprise.
Congratulations. Cant wait to see pictures and videos of today.

I am honestly more disappointed about the long engagement time than happy about the engagement.
I am of course hoping they will become happy (and that they will have beautiful children is a given thing ;) ), but a wedding would have been a perfect filler in the long engagement time of V&D.

A feeling tells me, that it wasn´t planned at all to reveal the news that fast, but SDT was faster here...

Great news! Congrats to the two of them!:flowers:
Looking forward to see engagement pictures. :)

I'm so excited about that news!! I can't wait to see the engagement ring!!

:swedenflag: Goodness me! What amazing news! Congratulations to the couple and to Sweden on having two royal engagements and weddings on the go all at once!

I remember watching the live stream of Victoria and Daniel's engagement, but I cannot recall the name of the news channel this was on - could someone very kindly post a link to the likely website so we can watch it live this afternoon?!

:flowers:

Last edited:
I love those days when everything are just rumors and speculations and just hous after comes the official confirmation, how exciting!

Congratulations to the couple. By the way, does we know if like Daniel, Jonas in conection with the marriage will has any royal tittle?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom