Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström: August 11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Princess Madeleine and Jonas! Im so happy that they got engaged, they are a lovely couple :flowers:
Looking forward to see the pictures!

Congratulations to the couple what wonderful news! Two beautiful weddings to look forward to!

I have a feeling they probably didn't want this news to get out so quickly but the press got there first!

I think he will be a Prince ;)
Last weekend at the U2 ANP Beeldbank
concert in Gothenbourg. Could that be the ring?
Apparently have the been engaged the last 2 weeks, since they had holiday at the riviera.

I think he will be a Prince ;)
Last weekend at the U2 ANP Beeldbank
concert in Gothenbourg. Could that be the ring?
Apparently have the been engaged the last 2 weeks, since they had holiday at the riviera.

Not nescesarely no,he won't be a Prince,same situation as Princess Christina and Tord Magnussen.We'll see if that changes,think not.

I think Princess Madeleine will be the most beautiful bride ever:)

Expressen tells that Jonas and Madeleine have been engaged about two weeks. Since then, there has only been a small crowd of friends and family who have known about the engagement.
The court has been unable to publish the news because the whole royal family has not been at Öland. Carl Philip has been on holiday on the west coast, Victoria and Daniel have been with his parents in Acktjära outside Ockelbo. Only at the weekend they all arrived to the castle of Solliden.
Madeleine och Jonas förlovade i hemlighet - Expressen

Johan T Lindwall from Expressen chatted with visitors at the website of Expressen, here´s the translated version via Google Tranaslator:
Johan T Lindwall chatted with Expressen.se's readers - News - Latest News | Expressen

Kunglig Yra, thanks for provided us the SVT link!

Special gallery from PPE
PPE Agency

2 Royal Swedish weddings. WOW, how fantastic. Talk about 2 of the most beautiful brides. :):):)

Can anybody tell me what time is it in Sweden wright now?:flowers: I would love to see engagment live :cool:

What a nice surprise. Congrats to the happy couple, they are adorable :flowers:

Congratulatons!!! :flowers:

And wishes for a long, healthy and happy life together!!

Congratulations to the happy couple. I really couldn't believe it when i saw the story of SDT but right now I'm really happy about this. Of course it is strange that there are two royal engagements in Sweden in 2009 after such a long time of specutation but as far as I know Madeleine and Jonas only did not become engaged because Victoria should be the first to be engaged.
I really look forward to the press conference this afternoon. Do you think we will see an official announcement of the King as we did in febraury??

Okay as we say back here in good old Germany:

:clap:HOCHTIET JUHUUU:clap:

Thanks for the link! I'm going to follow it at 4 pm!!! can't wait!!!

Congratulations to the couple, I'm very happy for them!!!

Prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt was told of the wedding plans last week. Reinfeldt tells that the government will not contribute money to Madeleine´s wedding: the king pays the wedding.
How much extra state money will go to the Crown Princess Victoria´s wedding to Daniel Westling next summer is still a matter for negotiation. The prime minister says that it is clear to swedish people that Victoria´s wedding will be a very big wedding with lots of international dignitaries as guests. Then it is reasonable that the government participates in the arrangements. But even in that case, the king will cover quite a large part of the costs, says Reinfeldt.
Reinfeldt: Kungen står för kostnaden för prinsessan Madeleines bröllop | Aftonbladet

I don't know where to put this as this thread is about their wonderful engagement news .......but....... what kind of work does Jonas do?

Congratulations to Madeleine and Jonas :) It was wonderful to read that they've got engaged (;

Here is some facts about Jonas

I don't know where to put this as this thread is about their wonderful engagement news .......but....... what kind of work does Jonas do?

Jonas Bergström, LL.M., was born on 23 January 1979 in Danderyd outside Stockholm. He grew up with his parents Claes and Elisabeth Bergström and his two elder brothers Peder and Ted.
Since the year of 2006 Jonas Bergström works as an associate lawyer at a law firm in Stockholm. Prior thereto Jonas Bergström has worked at a law firm in New York and at an equity firm in Stockholm.
After having completed secondary school Jonas Bergström graduated from Stockholm University with a Degree of Master of Laws (LL.M.)
Since early years Jonas Berström has been active in different sport activities including football at top level. Hunting and arts are among his other interests.
Jonas Bergströms father Claes Bergström runs his own company within the property development business. His mother Elisabeth Bergström has previously worked with administrative work at Danderyds kommunala vuxenutbildning (municipal adult education).

That's great news. Congratulations Madeleine and Jonas. :twohearts:

@starnightsky: Jonas is a lawyer in Stockholm (he graduated university in 2006 I think)

Btw, it's really sad that Carl Philip and Emma broke up in march. It would have been nice to speculate about a third royal engagement in another 6 month. ;-)

Not nescesarely no,he won't be a Prince,same situation as Princess Christina and Tord Magnussen.We'll see if that changes,think not.
He will probably be Duke of whatever title she holds, w/o being prince. Daniel will eventually end up being prince consort, as of now probably also Duke of so and so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom