Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström: August 11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the engagement video. They are a nice couple. Madeleine´s dress wasn´t good at all. The dress and the tan she uses make her look older than she really is. And the nail polish was an awful colour. She looked happy though.
Jonas is polite and well-behaving, but a little too "perfect" to me. The engagement ring is beautiful, Victoria´s was beautiful too. This engagement event was so informal, that it made the situation much more easier for Madeleine and Jonas, than what it was for Victoria and Daniel.

He will be Duke of Hälsingland och Gästrikland, Madeleine will still be a Princess, and the Duchess of Hälsingland och Gästrikland.

According to some posters, he will become Duke of Halsingland and Gastrikland. Which, I believe are Madeline's titles. .... [snipped]
Thanks for the information!:flowers: It is nice to know that Princess Madeleine will keep her title and her future husband will get one as well.

I just watched the engagement video. They are a nice couple. Madeleine´s dress wasn´t good at all. The dress and the tan she uses make her look older than she really is. And the nail polish was an awful colour. She looked happy though.
Jonas is polite and well-behaving, but a little too "perfect" to me. The engagement ring is beautiful, Victoria´s was beautiful too. This engagement event was so informal, that it made the situation much more easier for Madeleine and Jonas, than what it was for Victoria and Daniel.

I think not so much "too perfect" but nervous,plain nervous.First time he's "released" to the press and can talk/has to talk publicly as the future member of the Royal House.Daunting.He'll get used to it,they all do.:)

Very good news! They look like a nice couple. Congrats to them both!

Nice surprise! Congratulations to them both.
Congratulations to the Bernadotte and Bergström Families!

I don´t like her dress she looks older. But she is happy and is beautiful princess.

the ring is stunning!
I like the dress, it is regal and matches her colour and traits.
I also like her nails.

Jonas is such a handsome guy...!!! Madeleine is very lucky...!!!

I liked the dress, too. She looked really grown up and elegant. Ready to marry and start a family. This wasn't a little girl anymore and neither a young princess who's trying to find her way in this world. She's 27 after all and happily in love.

She was as beautiful today as Jonas was handsome. And both of them were glowing with happiness. I'm definitely looking forward to this wedding.

congrats to Princess Madeleine and to the future Duke!

"Princess Madeleine and Duke Jonas" sounds okay but "Princess Madeleine and Prince Jonas" sounds even better!! :flowers:

Fantastic news. I wish them all the best. The dress was a little old fashioned for such a young beautiful woman like the Princess is. But I was so touched by her happy smile that everything else did not matter matter. I would love to see an official picture with Madeline and Victoria with their fiancees.

Stunning ring!

I am really, really surprised! It is really amazing.

Congratulations to the couple ! How amazing for sweden - two royal engagements in 2009 and two weddings in 2010! I wonder when the babies will come ;)

They really are a beautiful couple aren't they - they look like Hollywood's idea of what royals should look like... If only we had such good genes in the UK!

The ring seems to have a princess-cut diamond! How appropriate :D Does anybody know, what kind of diamond it is, I mean how many carats?

They really are a beautiful couple aren't they - they look like Hollywood's idea of what royals should look like... If only we had such good genes in the UK!

Somebody in Perezhilton.com made a remark about that! :lol:

The thing with the Bernadotte's is that they prefer dating commoners over relatives! Maybe that plays a part? :lol: :whistling:

I wonder when the babies will come ;)

For Victoria, I assume the first child will be born quite quickly -- probably about a year after the wedding. For Madeleine and Jonas, I guess it will depend on when they're ready. They won't have to worry about the sticky issues of succession when planning their family.

I really like the pictures.
I have to say that Madeleine and Jonas really make quite an attractive couple.
I always thought that Madde is a really beautiful woman, well and Jonas is really a very good looking man.
They looked so happy and lovely today.

I quite liked that they've chosen this castle for the press conference.
It was a good contrast to Victoria's and Daniel's engagement cofenerence.
The Crown Princess' conference was way more "official" - very appropriate for a Future Queen.
Madeleine's engagement conference was less formal. Very lovely anyway.
I liked her look- the dress was cute.
The ring is also quite impressive.

The atmosphere of the place the conference took place seems to fit Madeleines personality quite abit, it looked like a fun place and very summery.

Viki's place was quite formal and as you say, suited for a future queen and in some way, the formality siuted her personality since she seems to be more of a serioues person.

Madeleine and Jonas seem to be really happy and it was nice to propose at Capri, its such a wonderful and romantic place IMO

Congratulations to the couple! :flowers:

I was very surpriced when i heard the news, even though i saw yesterday that SDT had this story - but since they usually can´t be trusted i didn´t belive it, but it´s lovely that we now have two Swedish weddings next year. I hope that both Daniel and Jonas attend the parliment opening and the Nobel prize ceremonies this year.

Congrats to the couple!

Can someone tell me when is the election?

Is it possible for someone to translate the video. It doesn't have to be translasted word for word but the main, highlighted parts. Thank you.

Even though I do understand the reasons royals would want to have children and that it is much easier for them than for regular people with nannies etc. it still sometimes annoys me a bit that having children is considered to be obligatory. All these "of course we want children" -statements sound like they would be saying "you don't love your spouse/you're not normal if you don't want children". I think the problem is that most people in the world seem to think that having children is something you must do and cannot prevent. If the couple really wants to have children for the right reasons then fine, but it should really be a viable option not to have them. I wish no-one had more than one or two at the most. Then the world would be a better place. But maybe if I was a princess, I'd think differently! :lol:

I do hope they'll be happy together! Madeleine seemed more relaxed at the press meeting than Victoria. It would have been nice though to see the king and queen as well. :)

This is so exciting!!! They both look so happy:heart:

TWO royal weddings in the offing - something to look forward to !
They have both chosen decent men, I think.

Even though I do understand the reasons royals would want to have children and that it is much easier for them than for regular people with nannies etc. it still sometimes annoys me a bit that having children is considered to be obligatory. All these "of course we want children" -statements sound like they would be saying "you don't love your spouse/you're not normal if you don't want children". I think the problem is that most people in the world seem to think that having children is something you must do and cannot prevent. If the couple really wants to have children for the right reasons then fine, but it should really be a viable option not to have them. I wish no-one had more than one or two at the most. Then the world would be a better place. But maybe if I was a princess, I'd think differently! :lol:

I do hope they'll be happy together! Madeleine seemed more relaxed at the press meeting than Victoria. It would have been nice though to see the king and queen as well. :)

In many religions having children is an expected part of marriage and contraception is frowned upon or even forbidden. Most royals in Europe are religious and feel a sense of obligation to produce children that will hold places in their respective order of succession. They are raised with their particular religious tenants on children and marriage and also with a sense of duty to provide a new generation of heirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom