The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

Why don't royalcourt publish family-group-pictures of the engagement?

We don't see pictures of the king and queen by publish the engagement, only statement on the website! This is unussual!

The whole engagement was very simple (news item and press-meeting fiance couple), not royality!

Old 08-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar135x View Post
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multim...et_994698w.jpg

Above is a link to the family tree of Jonas Bergström. Are pictures of his family available?
Jonas parents Elisabeth and Claes
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/739...8761221104.jpg

Elisabeth and Jonas brother Ted
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6687/19171barndop6825122687l.jpg

The guy on the very right is Jonas brother Peder
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/564...072122518l.jpg

There are no official pics with Jonas parents. I guess here the absence/reluctance of the Westlings set the path...

Old 08-15-2009, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

well I found it to soon because of Victoria's wedding, I think that they should wait for Vicotria's wedding first, that is my opinion.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Personally I don't see a reason, why the King and the Queen should have been there, too. Madeleine and Jonas got engaged. Not them. It was the moment of their daughter and her husband-to-be. Why should they steal their spotlight? I don't thing, that would have been nice.

Victorias and Daniels engagement was a different matter. It was not only the daughter that got engaged but also the heir of the swedish throne. It was something way bigger than the engagement of the third in line of the throne. This was not just a family thing but a formal thing, too. I think, that's why they were present. First and formost as King and Queen, because the Crownprincess got engaged and not as farther and mother because the daughter got engaged. If Carl Philip would have still been Crownprince I don't think Victorias and Daniels engagement would have been that formal. It would have been very much like Madeleines and Jonas'.

At least that's my opinion. Other may see it otherwise.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Another wedding. Great News.
Congratulations to the couple.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've cleaned up a couple of outbreaks of bickering that were getting increasingly personal. We don't need members "kindly" telling other members what a waste of space they are, so I'll thank everyone for keeping that sort of thing to themselves in future.

Elspeth
TRF admin
Old 08-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Gentry

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Why don't royalcourt publish family-group-pictures of the engagement?

We don't see pictures of the king and queen by publish the engagement, only statement on the website! This is unussual!

The whole engagement was very simple (news item and press-meeting fiance couple), not royality!
I am missing family pictures, too! Why didn't Royalcourt at least publish some official new pics with the King and Queen and the newly engaged couple? I don't suppose them to take part in the press meeting, but a statement would have been nice.
I am aware that Madeleine is not the Crown Princess, but she still is a princess. And this engagement was the less glittering one I've ever seen.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Nobility

congrats to the couple!!!! Are there any photos of the engagement dinner?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Personally I don't see a reason, why the King and the Queen should have been there, too. Madeleine and Jonas got engaged. Not them. It was the moment of their daughter and her husband-to-be. Why should they steal their spotlight? I don't thing, that would have been nice.

Victorias and Daniels engagement was a different matter. It was not only the daughter that got engaged but also the heir of the swedish throne. It was something way bigger than the engagement of the third in line of the throne. This was not just a family thing but a formal thing, too. I think, that's why they were present. First and formost as King and Queen, because the Crownprincess got engaged and not as farther and mother because the daughter got engaged. If Carl Philip would have still been Crownprince I don't think Victorias and Daniels engagement would have been that formal. It would have been very much like Madeleines and Jonas'.

At least that's my opinion. Other may see it otherwise.
I agree with KitKat2006 here. The two engagements are very different in terms of importance for the Swedish monarchy. The future Queen of Sweden becomes engaged and so not only is it a family celebration, it is also a national and state affair.

Madeleine has been in a relationship for a number of years too and should not be in the position of having to wait another year to announce her engagement - she and Jonas may wish to make plans for the wedding and feel assured in eachother's committment by becoming engaged - any number of reasons. But if she had waited to announce her engagement until after Victoria's wedding, people would still be complaining she was trying to steal the limelight from her elder sister.

The fact that Madeleine's engagement has beena relatively low-key event shoudl satisfy people taht she is not trying to take away the shine from her elder sister.

I just do not see what the big fuss is about that people are unhappy Madeleine has become engaged too, or why there are no photo's of her and Jonas with the King and Queen, or where Jonas' parents are etc etc. This is the way it has been done and who are we to suggest the Swedish Royal Family have not done it all properly?!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Madeline and Jonas and their families!

They really did look in love and relaxed at their engagement interview. Moreso than Victoria and Daniel, but that is to be expected because the pressure to perform with V&D was intense.

As far as Madeline upstaging her sister it will happen even if Madeline did not do it on purpose. M&J fit much more into the mould of a beautiful royal princess and dashing knight than V&D- so it is only natural that they will get more coverage. We have to remember that at the end of the day the media cover whoever will give them more readers,viewvers etc...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Courtier

Some pics

Princess Madeleine of Sweden announces engagement - Borgholm
Old 08-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm very happy for them both. I had a feeling that after Victoria got engaged, her younger siblings would follow suit. Maybe they were waiting because she is the oldest.

Either way, that's another royal wedding I can't wait to see!

BTW, I don't think Madeleine looked too old - I thought she looked lovely. The dress is a beautiful shade of peach and while she's always been tan, it didn't look too overdone here.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 08-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
That's great news. Congratulations Madeleine and Jonas.

@starnightsky: Jonas is a lawyer in Stockholm (he graduated university in 2006 I think)

Btw, it's really sad that Carl Philip and Emma broke up in march. It would have been nice to speculate about a third royal engagement in another 6 month. ;-)
IMO, CP and Emma never seemed to have that much chemistry. I can't explain it, but whenever she was with Carl Philip, it was like she was just "there"...they never seemed lovey-dovey or anything.

In any case, great to hear about Madeline and Jonas.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDial View Post
IMO, CP and Emma never seemed to have that much chemistry. I can't explain it, but whenever she was with Carl Philip, it was like she was just "there"...they never seemed lovey-dovey or anything.
Well to be more than 4 years with someone I think one important thing to have is chemistry. If you mean in public apperances maybe they were more discrete than Madeleine and Jonas. I wonder what Emma has said about those engagements, I mean, CP is soooooo good looking, wonder why did they break up.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Commoner

I'm glad both these princesses finally announced their engagements. Victoria seems so very happy and Daniel seems like he is well suited for Victoria. I think that Madeleine and Jonas are the most attractive couple - can't wait to see what their children look like when they grow up! They've got a pretty good gene pool to spring from.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

I've moved half a dozen posts discussing wedding dates and possible locations to the newly-created thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ngs-24240.html.

Please post any further articles on possibilities regarding Madeleine and Jonas' wedding there. You may also make suggestions (and why) regarding the wedding.

JessRulz
Swedish Forum Moderator
Old 08-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently I missed it and cannot find any information about the title Jonas will get at the time he marries Princess Madeleine.
Does anyone have any details?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Gentry

Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland – and his "empire" encloses even Daniel's native country Ockelbo.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a million......Isn't this the title Princess Madeleine was given when she was born?
I suppose Daniel will be a subject of Jonas in some sort of a strange way.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Gentry

yes, that is also her title.

will he continue to work after the wedding as a lawyer?

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine