The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
A wedding in Stockholm and in december would be such a fairytale with all those christmas lightings in the streets and snow

Hope we'll have the date soon!
Well, they have a long time ahead of them to decide about the date! I don't think that we will have a date about the wedding any time soon! Perhaps at the end of this year we will know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
I think two Royal weddings are more likely to help Swedish economy than harm it in any way: selling the transmission rights - only will probably cover all the costs. And that's without the fact Sweden will become a huge tourist attraction in 2010 because of the weddings.
Well, excuse me but not many people are interested in royals and the weddings will not definitely make Sweden a tourist attraction! People that will visit the country then, will plan their trips because they like the country and not just because they want to see the weddings or whatsoever!!

Old 08-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica View Post
Well, excuse me but not many people are interested in royals and the weddings will not definitely make Sweden a tourist attraction! People that will visit the country then, will plan their trips because they like the country and not just because they want to see the weddings or whatsoever!!
You are actually wrong here; Swedish press reports a few weeks after the engagement of Crown Princess Victoria said that hotels in the inner city of Stockholm had already received such a significantly higher number of reservations for the wedding date that they were close to being booked out in advance.
While Princess Madeleine's wedding might get less attention, it will certainly represent an added tourist attraction as well.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

After the wedding, he won't be a HRH?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
After the wedding, he won't be a HRH?
Duke, according to a few posters.

If you go a few pages back you will have a small discussion about what title he will get and the children and why
Old 08-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulation !!!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

After repeated watch photos of the newly-engagement couple I want ask
did anyone notice that Madeleine and Jonas quite look-a-like to each other?
Similar to Victoria and Daniel.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
You are actually wrong here; Swedish press reports a few weeks after the engagement of Crown Princess Victoria said that hotels in the inner city of Stockholm had already received such a significantly higher number of reservations for the wedding date that they were close to being booked out in advance.
While Princess Madeleine's wedding might get less attention, it will certainly represent an added tourist attraction as well.
Oh, I had no idea about that! I am sorry! But still the people travelling there might not be foreigners but Swedes! So not exactly tourists!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh, I had no idea about that! I am sorry! But still the people travelling there might not be foreigners but Swedes! So not exactly tourists!
Never underestimate the power of a royal watcher. And if there were people who were not interested in royals...why are we on this site? And why do tons of royal sites exsits? There are people on this Forum I am sure who if time and money permit, would attend just to be in the crowd when Victoria marries Daniel.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm happy for them. A big Congratulations!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Wrong.Many planned trips because of the wedding(s).Some hotels,well,many actually are already fully booked,
as I already said almost two months ago.And certainly not by Swedes only.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Aristocracy

Excellent news,I wish them all the best.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Serene Highness

How wonderful! They a handsome couple. Congratulations!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

Well Congratulatons to them, wonder what kind of wedding they will have, probably not as big as her sister Victoria's will be.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
After repeated watch photos of the newly-engagement couple I want ask
did anyone notice that Madeleine and Jonas quite look-a-like to each other? Similar to Victoria and Daniel.
I don't think Madeleine and Jonas look anything alike. Madeleine has a wide face and large eyes. Jonas has a narrow face and small eyes.
Victoria and Daniel however, do look very much alike. They could be brother and sister!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Klockan - en hemlig förlovningssymbol | Expressen
Jonas proposed Madeleine the 12th June in Capri. Because Madeleine couldn´t use her engagement ring in public before the engagement was made official, Jonas gave Madeleine the day after the proposal his Rolex Submariner -watch as a secret mark of the engagement. Madeleine used it at Victoria´s birthday celebrations.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:09 AM
Aristocracy

There were reports in the press that Princess Madeleine announced her engagement to steal some of the focus away from Princess Victoria (which is rubbish I'm sure). So the King took all his children and his two future sons-in-law on a walk around the palace. He is showing the unity of the family and that there is no rivalry.

Royal Examiner Story
Old 08-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Nobility

Im upset! Sorry but I just have to tell this....
On 12/8 I bought both of the evening papers here in Sweden because of the engagement between princess Madeleine and mr Bergström... I wanted som nice pics and so on.... AND when I opened the first one there was (as first picture) a HUUUUUGE picture over 2 pages with the REPORTER from the paper shaking hands w Jonas Bergström and with Jonas and Madeleine standing in the background!!!!

I cant beleve it!!! Why on eart and whole universe do this paper tink the readers want a pic of the reporter ??? at this occation??? at this time??? at all???

You can watch it here (but here it is quite small....):

Johan T Lindwall: Jonas hemliga möten - med Victoria - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 08-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, if you know Johan T. Lindwall's style of writing in his royal 'reporting', you inevitably realize that he must have some ego issues.
A guy who thinks it's worthwhile to fill his column by writing a report on nothing else but how expertly he himself managed to jog along the running course of Victoria & Daniel on Öland (like he did about two weeks ago) does have problems...
The way he is posing on the picture is horrid and decidedly tacky.
It's funny too, although a rather bad joke.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Well, if you know Johan T. Lindwall's style of writing in his royal 'reporting', you inevitably realize that he must have some ego issues.
A guy who thinks it's worthwhile to fill his column by writing a report on nothing else but how expertly he himself managed to jog along the running course of Victoria & Daniel on Öland (like he did about two weeks ago) does have problems...
The way he is posing on the picture is horrid and decidedly tacky.
It's funny too, although a rather bad joke.
Hmmm, yes I agree with everything you write above.... and I know this is not the forum for complaining on JTL as reporter/human being but this was just TOO MUCH! And no, I usually dont read what he is writing (for well known reasons) I prefare to avoid him... (= not buying expressen) but this was an special occation...

And Its a v good idea to take it (the huge 2 paged pic of JTL and PM och JB in the background) from the funny side and laugh about it instead of talking ***** of this guy
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 08-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Commoner

Jonas Bergström's genealogy

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multim...et_994698w.jpg

Above is a link to the family tree of Jonas Bergström. Are pictures of his family available?

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine