The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
Is it really true the younger siblings cannot marry until the first one does? I wonder why that is.
If it really was the case...I guess it was neither a law, nor rule, nor tradition, but an idea growing of the fact, that Madeleine is 5 years younger and that both sisters had dated their guys for a long time.
If Madeleine would have gotten engaged before her sister, Victoria would have met quite a lot of pressure.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet´s Jenny Alexandersson writes that Madeleine and Jonas will have their wedding before the Nobel festivities 2010. A friend of the couple has said that the wedding will be in late November or early December - in Stockholm.
- Madeleine looks forward to a winter wedding and can´t imagine getting married anywhere other than in Stockholm. She wants to marry before the Nobel Banquet, preferably at the beginning of December, says a friend.
Prinsessan Madeleine väljer vintervigsel Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
If it really was the case...I guess it was neither a law, nor rule, nor tradition, but an idea growing of the fact, that Madeleine is 5 years younger and that both sisters had dated their guys for a long time.
If Madeleine would have gotten engaged before her sister, Victoria would have met quite a lot of pressure.
When the Kings sisters got married they didnt got married in order of age ....

Birgitta got married first: in 1961 (she is nr 2 of the sisters), then Desirée (she´s nr 3) in june 1964, and then Margaretha (she is the oldest one, nr 1) in june 1964!!! (Both Desirée and Margaretha got married in june 1964!! Imagine the massive overdose of royal euphoria at that time )Then Christina ( nr 4) in 1974 and then last and youngest Carl Gustaf 1976
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 08-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations for Madeleine and Jonas! :)
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 08-13-2009, 04:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Aftonbladet´s Jenny Alexandersson writes that Madeleine and Jonas will have their wedding before the Nobel festivities 2010. A friend of the couple has said that the wedding will be in late November or early December - in Stockholm.
- Madeleine looks forward to a winter wedding and can´t imagine getting married anywhere other than in Stockholm. She wants to marry before the Nobel Banquet, preferably at the beginning of December, says a friend.
Prinsessan Madeleine väljer vintervigsel Nyheter | Aftonbladet
A wedding in Stockholm and in december would be such a fairytale with all those christmas lightings in the streets and snow

Hope we'll have the date soon!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 08-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to the couple!!
I agree with some other posters, they´re a really handsome couple.
I know it´s too soon, but I can´t wait to see their children...
I wish them many years of happiness.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Aristocracy

Madeleine's Fendi engagement dress is on sale @ net-a-porter.. For those of you who are interested..
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post

Quite agree. It was neither a law nor a tradition. It was simply the fact that Madeleine wanted her sister to get married first since it will put a lot of pressure on Victoria or at least the media will make it hard for her. Imagine if Madeleine announced the engagement first. The media would be like "when will Victoria get married?" "what was Daniel thinking?" "why aren't he still proposing?" I do think Madeleine understand this...
Old 08-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Jonas Bergstrom resembles young King Carl Gustav.
Do you agree?

http://i29.tinypic.com/fxcxs5.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/efp6hs.jpg

I think they have something in common.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Nobility

I'd say Carl Philip resembles his farther very much.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Nobility

Well, Bunte does think so too.
I think it's just the hair
Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Royal Highness

Wow, 2010 will be a big year for Sweden, huh?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

Congrats to the couple!I love her ring! The emerald cut is my favorite but I rarely see it turned horizontal like that. I think I remember reading an interview with Madeleine in Hello where she stated her sister had to marry before she could. I don't think it had to do with age per se but because Victoria was heir to the throne(?). I can't imagine planning two weddings at once! I hope it doesn't turn into Bride Wars (2009) -esque or Baby Wars thereafter. Let's avoid comparisons!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

"Bride Wars" is an amazing movie,but I think the 2 sisters have more class than the two heroines.It would be nice,though.lol
Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Gentry

What a wonderful thing for both sisters to be able to plan their weddings together. I hope it will be a lot of fun for them to try on dresses, etc.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Nobility

Nevertheless, two weddings in one year are very expensive and especially in these times... So I think Madeleine and Jonas should have waited a bit with their engagement. Even so I'm really looking forward to both weddings =) I hope for a winter wedding with a lot of snow for Madeleine. And I guess 2011 will be a baby year for the Swedish Family
Old 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I don't think a couple should wait with marriage because of the reason you mention. If they are ready for it, just go ahead. Sweden isn't the only country where this happened btw, the Norwegian and Dutch weddings were all very close after each other, while in 1981 Luxembourg saw 3 children of the Grand Duke marry within a year almost.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfc149 View Post
Nevertheless, two weddings in one year are very expensive and especially in these times... So I think Madeleine and Jonas should have waited a bit with their engagement. Even so I'm really looking forward to both weddings =) I hope for a winter wedding with a lot of snow for Madeleine. And I guess 2011 will be a baby year for the Swedish Family
I think two Royal weddings are more likely to help Swedish economy than harm it in any way: selling the transmission rights - only will probably cover all the costs. And that's without the fact Sweden will become a huge tourist attraction in 2010 because of the weddings.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Nobility

I cant believe shes engaged!!! congrats to her and her hubby to be!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to Pss Madeleine and Mr. Jonas Bergstrom on their engagement.

Does anyone think that Pss Madeleine will wear the Cameo tiara at her wedding?

Also, I wonder which flowers will be chosen for the ceremory.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine