Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: October 25, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.

:flowers: Happy News!
I also hope its a very formal affair with Tiara's galore! < I love looking at the Royal Jewels of the Royal Houses from around the World!

(In defence of the BRF - unlike some European Countries who's people not only support in these events but rejoice in them; Unfortunately every time loads of money is spent there seems to be a public outcry in Britain :sad:)

In which royal family section of the SRF will Chris be included? Kungafamiljen, Kungliga Huset or Kungliga Familjen? Sorry that I post here the swedish names, but I don't know how to devide Kungafamiljen and Kungliga Familjen translated into English!

In which royal family section of the SRF will Chris be included? Kungafamiljen, Kungliga Huset or Kungliga Familjen? Sorry that I post here the swedish names, but I don't know how to devide Kungafamiljen and Kungliga Familjen translated into English!
I would say Kungafamiljen, the king's family, and possibly also seen as a member of the Kungliga familjen (at least when Victoria becomes monarch), as I don't think he will become a HRH.

Kungahuset - The Royal House - are the monarch, his/her spouse and those members of the family that are HRH

Kungliga familjen - The Royal family - persons born into the Bernadotte family and their spouses (but not their children) (extended family of the king)

Kungafamiljen - the King's family (if I was to make a difference from Kungliga familje) - the king, queen and their children with spouses and children (nuclear family of the king)

See: Svenska kungafamiljen - Wikipedia and Swedish Royal Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Chris O'Neill has sent a letter to Aftonbladet to correct the wrong information about his business. Aftonbladet has written about Noster Capital and tax paradises.
He says due to his marriage he will voluntarily restrict himself from any investments carried out by Noster Capital that involve a Swedish concern.
He also says that he has never made an anonymous donation to World Childhood Organization, as has been reported in the swedish press. He did make a donation, under his own name and using his personal funds, to purchase a table at the 2011 Gala Dinner in New York City.

Bertil Ternert from the court press department has also commented: "Chris has sat down with his attorney and gone through what has been written. It is important for Chris to show that he and his company follow the tax laws", says Bertil Ternert.
You can read his letter from here (it's in english)
Chris brev om miljonaffärerna Nyheter Aftonbladet

So it seem's that Expressen's Johan T Lindwall's information about Chris' big donation as an anomymous person, almost 100 000 euros, is a lie.

It was a smart move of Chris to react in this way. I am glad he published a letter with his lawyer instead of letting Ternert blabbing along about these issues.

I just wonder why Chris had to post this "clearance" first to Aftonbladet and then later it is published at the court website.
Because it's correct to do it like this as he is not a member of the royal family (yet), prefers to be his own person and to act on his own behalf?
IMHO the statement is a smart move on his part in every way.

Obviously I missed something because since the announcement of the engagement suddenly everyone is actually interested in Chris and having given him the once over and found no thoroughly distasteful or scandalous events in his past, have moved on to inventing them and, when that hasn't panned out, have decided he is a total nonentity!

Chris has grown up with the benefit of great wealth, a superior education and sterling social connections. He doesn't need our approval and he certainly doesn't need the SRF to "advance" his social standing. What part, if any, he plays in the SRF is yet to be seen but because he does not require anyone's approval to continue living life as a very happy camper does not mean we should be participating in the fine old custom of character assassination. He makes Madeleine happy and surely that should be enough for us to give our tacit support.

Well a lot of people in the press, and in the general public, tend not to let the truth get in the way of a "good" story that will sell a few more copies of their magazine or newspaper. It is the same in pretty much every country.

MTV3 writes about the article in Expressen:
Madeleine and Jonas are planning their weddings to the same dates at the end of May or in June. And since they would have a lot of same guests to their weddings, there is a problem. Their friend Louise Gottlieb has tried to get them to talk about this, but Madeleine doesn't want to talk with Jonas, so they can't make up the dates.
Bertil Ternert told to Expressen, that the church and the place hasn't been decided yet: "They have yet to be decided. The family makes a lot of these decisions themselves. A lot of these decisions are made with the princess, of course, when she comes to the Nobel celebrations".
Prinsessa Madeleinen hääsuunnitelmissa yllättävä ongelma - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

It's absolutely okay that Madeleine doesn't want to talk with Jonas. And it's a big sign from her to let her friends attend both weddings. If I were her I would set my wedding date first. And if Jonas would also choose the same date I would let the common friends decide which wedding they want attend.

Personally I would take these reports with a grain of salt. The medias are again trying to stir things up in my opinion.

Madeleine and Jonas were together for eight years and they have a lot of mutual friends. Although they broke up, many of them are still friends of both of them. Of course it would be good if Madeleine and Jonas could make up in a friendly way about their wedding dates so that their friends could attend at both of them.

Maybe the ditch their partners at the altar and Madeleine & Jonas elope :ROFLMAO:
Just kidding.. Well, that´s of course an awkward situation.

I have a question. In Chris's CV it is said that he has 5 half sisters. How can this happen -which means which one of his parents remarry and when? Were his parents divorced? Thanks in advance.

I have a question. In Chris's CV it is said that he has 5 half sisters. How can this happen -which means which one of his parents remarry and when? Were his parents divorced? Thanks in advance.

Chris' mother has been married four times and Chris' father at least twice, I have read. Chris' half sisters Tatjana and Natascha from his mother's side are from Eva O'Neill's first and second marriage. Chris is from her third marriage. After the divorce from Paul O'Neill Eva married once more. Chris' half sisters from his father's side (Stephanie, Annalisa and Karen) are from Paul O'Neill's first marriage, Chris is from the second.

Historian, author and Victoria's former teacher Herman Lindqvist has told to swedish media, that he thinks that the engagement of Madeleine and Chris will last to the wedding, they get married, but after that their relationship will start to break down. Bertil Ternert commented to Expressen: "I want to stress that Lindqvist's comments are just speculation, and he does seem to have any knowledge of the true nature of things".
Estelleä pilkannut kirjailija Madden suhde ei kestä - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...nal&guid=42891e4b-7862-4fa0-8a63-3fcc6a404541

Last edited:
According to Ronald66 at Nobiliana (Research and other News - Ancestry and Descendancy) his father was the third husband of his mother. After their divorce his mother married another man.

Tatjana and Natasha are maternal half-sisters (if maternal is here the right word, they share the same mother).

It seems that the other halfsisters are from his fathers side.

Chris' mother has been married four times and Chris' father at least twice, I have read. Chris' half sisters Tatjana and Natascha from his mother's side are from Eva O'Neill's first and second marriage. Chris is from her third marriage. After the divorce from Paul O'Neill Eva married once more. Chris' half sisters from his father's side (Stephanie, Annalisa and Karen) are from Paul O'Neill's first marriage, Chris is from the second.

Historian, author and Victoria's former teacher Herman Lindqvist has told to swedish media, that he thinks that the engagement of Madeleine and Chris will last to the wedding, they get married, but after that their relationship will start to break down.

Having that many divorces in his family background isn't a good sign. That's a lot of relationship turmoil to be raised with. And something about them does feel very off to me.

I'm hoping for the best for them, but won't be surprised if things don't work out.

Let's give them a chance to start their own family!

Let's give them a chance to start their own family!
Agree :flowers:
I would add that I liked Jonas very much. I though that, after so many years of relationship, that was a marriage destinated to last. No need to say how wrong I was.

I think anybody can judge a love-relationship between two person. Many years together doesn´t mean you know well the other person, as well as having several-times-divorced parents doesn´t mean that you don´t wish a long, stablished relationship.

Historian, author and Victoria's former teacher Herman Lindqvist has told to swedish media, that he thinks that the engagement of Madeleine and Chris will last to the wedding, they get married, but after that their relationship will start to break down. Bertil Ternert commented to Expressen: "I want to stress that Lindqvist's comments are just speculation, and he does seem to have any knowledge of the true nature of things".
Estelleä pilkannut kirjailija Madden suhde ei kestä - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...nal&guid=42891e4b-7862-4fa0-8a63-3fcc6a404541

Why, why would Bertil Ternert even comment on that article? :bang:
Obviously, Lindqvist's comments are just speculation but why spread them further by officially commenting on them?

Why, why would Bertil Ternert even comment on that article? :bang:
Obviously, Lindqvist's comments are just speculation but why spread them further by officially commenting on them?

At this point, I think the Royal Family must instruct Bertil Ternert to make these statements. Otherwise, I imagine he'd have been fired long ago for being totally incompetent at PR. It's very strange.

Having that many divorces in his family background isn't a good sign. That's a lot of relationship turmoil to be raised with. And something about them does feel very off to me.

I'm hoping for the best for them, but won't be surprised if things don't work out.

No, neither will I.

I know it sounds silly to say such a thing, but I can see what people mean when they mention that Chris has cold eyes. (He looks like a shark in a suit, I hope she knows what she is doing).

No, neither will I.

I know it sounds silly to say such a thing, but I can see what people mean when they mention that Chris has cold eyes. (He looks like a shark in a suit, I hope she knows what she is doing).

I have a bit of the same impression of him, and I didn't want to say it because I thought it was just me. I just get a bad vibe about the whole thing.

I really do hope I'm wrong though. It's always more fun to watch a happy couple than it is to watch unhappiness and tragedy.

I just wish the couple well and hope their love and friendship is strong. I'm getting the feeling the tabloids won't be too kind to them.

I think the should be given a chance. I know they had a short courtship but I just hope Madeleline and Chris will be okay because I do think he last breakup devastated her and I don't think she should go through that again.

I have a bit of the same impression of him, and I didn't want to say it because I thought it was just me. I just get a bad vibe about the whole thing.

I really do hope I'm wrong though. It's always more fun to watch a happy couple than it is to watch unhappiness and tragedy.
I am righ tthere with you Hermione. Something about this gives me a bad vibe also. I do hope I'm wrong, Madeleine deserves to be happy and Chris is who she has chosen to be happy with.

All those people who are getting a bad vibe should remember the good vibe everyone got from Jonas (to whom Daniel was often unfavorably compared). Since Maddy and Chris will be living mostly in NYC they will be lucky enough to live their life together largely out of the public eye. Their marriage will be what it will be, what ever the 2 of them make of it. Lets at least give them a chance to make a life together before writing them off.

NY-based princess least favourite in Sweden - The Local

I suppose they want a bad sheep of the family and have picked the younger Princess.

Princess Margaret;Princess Anne, Sarah Duchess of York all know what that felt like.

A Royal Wedding of a younger sister seems not to be making much difference to public opinion. I wonder after the marriage if more criticisms are laid at their door?

I hope Chris does not turn out to be another Tony Armstrong-Jones.

Prince Daniel has a kind and soft heart.

Chris is more assertive and in your face. For good or bad time will tell!

Jonas well, a natural born cheat!

Last edited:
Madeline is now 4th in line and will continue to slip down as Victoria has more children and Carl gets married and has children. I'll bet she is looking forward to fading from the limelight, so that she can live privately.

Historian, author and Victoria's former teacher Herman Lindqvist has told to swedish media, that he thinks that the engagement of Madeleine and Chris will last to the wedding, they get married, but after that their relationship will start to break down.

I think H Lindqvist is killing his credibility, assuming his statement was correctly reported. Such statement is unacceptable.
Btterness after his criticism about the choise of Estelle as name is probably still on.

Back
Top Bottom