Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: October 25, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its also possible that both Jonas and Madeleine were in love with each other. Just because he was unfaithful to her doesn't mean he didnt love her, it just means he had the opportunity to have sex with another woman. It is possible that had they been an ordinary couple, with no press attention, they could have got past the infidelity and had a life together.

Dearest Madeleine, I somehow love who you are and wish your majesty a great life and marriage. I have faiyth you can do as your willing, and from your knowingness always be happy giving it back to us as you see it. And that's all we ask of you. Good luck and best wishes on your wedding day... Chris must be the luckiest guy. I know you are. I won't spoil a secret. Greetings, tidings, life and love. Party on. :flowers::flowers:

I hope this is a good match and that she may truly find hapiness. I watched the video yesterday and again today . . . and after reading through the comments in this thread I have the same initial feeling . . . it still does not convey a sense of joy and much less spontaneity on either one. I wonder how much input the royal family was able to contribute to the making of this announcement. It just did not have any sparkle at all.

Such happy news. I wish Madeleine and Chris all the best!

I wish them well and hope it doesnt end in tears. Madeleine looks very pretty. Chris comes across as a macho type of guy, at least knowing quite well what he wants. I cant see him moving to Sweden or even showing up at events that are not must-attend.
I hope they have the strength to lead a life of their own. Good luck!

Just to add: The little video is one of the silliest things a royal court has provided, ever!!!

Sadly, I agree on all counts... except that I think that Madeleine looked even prettier as a blonde. The video seemed to me like a publicity ad for an upcoming TV series. Not good.

I'm still a little thrown by the engagement interview. It felt very off. I wish they'd sat for a real interview instead of doing the video- I think they would have come off much more naturally that way.

I agree with you entirely (yet again), Hermione!

I wonder when the royal couple will make their first official appearence?

Congrats to the Couple. Glad they will live in the states for the time being. I wonder if the Wedding will be in the states as well.

Congrats to the Couple. Glad they will live in the states for the time being. I wonder if the Wedding will be in the states as well.

It won't be. They announced that the wedding would be in Sweden.

I wonder if Chris gets the title of prince or any other upon his marriage. I suppose their wedding won't be broadcasted online , but maybe I am wrong.

I wonder if Chris gets the title of prince or any other upon his marriage. I suppose their wedding won't be broadcasted online , but maybe I am wrong.

Since it was announced by the court that Jonas Bergström was going to be the duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland after the wedding, I think that Chris may be given a title of a duke. But it depends on the king, he decides it, and maybe Chris doesn't want to have a title.

Eva O'Neill in Sweden
http://static1.purepeople.com/artic...princesse-victoria-de-suede-et-le-620x0-2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very happy for the couple.

his family lives in london?

The firm where Chris works, has a company in London also, that's why he visits there. Eva O'Neill has homes in many places. Tatjana d'Abo, the half sister of Chris, lives in London. The other half sister, Natascha Abensberg und Traun is married with austrian count Ernst Abensberg und Traun.
Here's Eva O'Neill with her daughter Natascha and her husband Ernst Abensberg und Traun.
http://di005pcl.predl.info/eventfotos/2011/8/1695/Solistenkonzert05081101.resized.jpg

Last edited:
One sister lives in Austria and is married to an Earl. The other sister lives in England. Do not know where his mother lives though. She has for sure some properties in Austria.

Congratulations to them! She's going to be a very beautiful bride. I have no problem with the engagement video; it's kind of cool. But, erm, that mother of his -- what a piece of work! I wouldn't be surprised if she insists on a title for herself... haha

Shouldn't he be a Swede to receive any title?

Congratulations to the couple! I truly hope it works out this time! :flowers:

This is getting asked and answered on every page in this thread, but, When Madeleine's previous engagement was announced the court said that her fiance' would be known as the Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be a xenophobia?

Xenophobia is the dislike or fear of people from other countries. If it is tradition not to grant titles to persons who were not born in Sweden, I don't see how that's xenophobia.

I think as this couple have remained so private a lot of us are basing our opinions on the engagement video. As I've said before I think the video was awful but that's because of the format it took. Usually engagement announcements are made in an interview format or with other family members present, because there was just the two of them it felt to me to be really showy and more celebrity than royal. But I think that's down to the format, maybe if they do a few interviews we will get to see more of the real couple rather than this acted out video.

To be honest I just watched the video again and I really do not think it was awful. It was perfectly alright for me. Okay Madeleine's "thehe" was really superfluous but apart from that I see nothing wrong with their video. Looking forward to an pre-wedding interview, hopefully we will get one.

Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill; October 25, 2012

I'm so happy for them. I wonder if Chris will receive Madeleine's title like Daniel received Victoria's.

Shouldn't he be a Swede to receive any title?

Congratulations to the couple! I truly hope it works out this time! :flowers:
Why should his citizenship matter if he only becomes duke consort to Madeleines dukedom, as opposed to actually receiving a title himself? That was the plan for Jonas. Lots of foreign women have married titled men and used the female version of their husbands titles without necessarily adopting their husbands citizenship.

The question of citizenship does not play any role whatsoever in the matter of the King giving Chris O'Neill a title.
The only handicap would be if he held an official government position, which he does not - Americans in a government office can't accept foreign titles.
The Palace has already announced that the title question will be answered along with other info released at one point closer to the wedding.

The question of citizenship does not play any role whatsoever in the matter of the King giving Chris O'Neill a title.
The only handicap would be if he held an official government position, which he does not - Americans in a government office can't accept foreign titles.
The Palace has already announced that the title question will be answered along with other info released at one point closer to the wedding.
Even less an issue if he is treated the same way they planned to treat Jonas, becoming consort duke to her dukedom without actually receiving a title himself.

Most likely at the Nobel festivities.

Bertil Ternert told to Expressen today, that he doesn't know if Madeleine is going to attend the Nobel Prize ceremony. But if she does, it is possible for Chris to attend at them. Ternert said that maybe he has the decision to tell in the near future. Of course it would be nice if Madeleine now would suddenly attend at the Nobels, since she has been absent for the last two years.

Back
Top Bottom