The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post

The Cameo is a safe bet i guess. It would surprise me if she don't want to follow the tradition from her sister, mother and aunts birgitta and desiree .
Maybe...but I think Princess Madeleine will make a different choice...at least that's what I think!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

The ring

http://i48.tinypic.com/vxhl02.jpg

Old 10-25-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Is "tee-hee" something like "Yay!"? What is the meaning?
Its a sound a young girl makes when she's in love. Not a grown woman. Also, Madeleine's "tee-hee" was painful to hear.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Its a sound a young girl makes when she's in love. Not a grown woman. Also, Madeleine's "tee-hee" was painful to hear.
Yea, that video actually was very awkward to watch. I don't quite know what to think about it.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Aftonbladet photographer Patrick Demarchelier, who took the black and white photo, may charge about 46000 euros a day when he takes photos. Who paid, the court or Chris?
Berömd modefotograf tog förlovningsbilden Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 10-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe they divided the costs? And 46,000 Euros?!! What a price tag! But he is a great photographer though. They both certainly can afford it. And that is a nice ring he gave to Madeleine. I can't wait for the wedding!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Majesty

here is a fun video if danny and gina who annonce that they will lead melodifestivalen

Old 10-26-2012, 02:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Their own styles and titles were a gift from the King and Queen. They didn't take their wives titles upon marriage. In fact Elizabeth became the Duchess of Edinburgh after her husband.
The Swedish king doesn't have the same options of creating titles for sons-in-law, and why is it "better" that a new title is created for the husband of a princess and "lesser" if the husband takes his wife's title?? I don't see a reason why a woman marrying into a royal family should get her husband's title, while a man marrying into a royal family shouldn't get his wife's title, especially now when most European monarchies have equal primogeniture
Old 10-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think that he will receive the Order of the Seraphim?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I totally agree. At the photos Chris looks like a man who has got (and his mother has got) what he has always wanted, a perfect trophy wife. Madeleine looks to be over the moon, I hope that she won't be disappointed this time also.
Agree 100%!!!

But on the other end, he seems to be the type of man who can handle such trophy wives (rich, spoilt etc). Not every man has the nerve to do so.

Chris' mother will be over the moon too, although she has done well on her own, the DIL will mean some boost to her charity business.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Agree 100%!!!

But on the other end, he seems to be the type of man who can handle such trophy wives (rich, spoilt etc). Not every man has the nerve to do so.

Chris' mother will be over the moon too, although she has done well on her own, the DIL will mean some boost to her charity business.
He has a mother and several (5? or even 6?) sisters who all look like your typical trophy wife - so he should be used either to be "her slave" or "her master". Honestly, I don't want to know what it is in reality, but I hope for Madeleine's sake that this is what she really wants and that their feelings towards each other are genuine and steadfast.

(I really was a bit shocked to see what kind of family background he has, but then I thought that Silvia, Victoria and Daniel should be "streetwise" enough to sniff it out if something was not quite right there. So I believe it will turn out for the best for all of them).
Old 10-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think they will divide costs for the photo shoot...this photo shoot took place only because Madeline is a Princess otherwise it would't happen so the King will pay all the costs...
I also think that Madeline is the perfect girl for him...a royal in his life is just what he and his family wanted...of course I'am not saying that he doens't love her...but that is a very good wedding, a dream wedding for him...
Old 10-26-2012, 04:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
a dream wedding for him...
And you know that how?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Aristocracy

There is no proof that Chris and his family are after something, but many people here are just saying it matter-of-factly! You cannot know anything if you dont know chris and his family personally.
personally, I wish them all the best.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:09 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
There is no proof that Chris and his family are after something, but many people here are just saying it matter-of-factly! You cannot know anything if you dont know chris and his family personally.
I think it came naturally since they move in the same circles. I dont think Chris was after a princess in particular but he would have only married a girl who is at least a socialite or something, out of these circles. The fact that he got a princess is a lottery win on one hand, but has its downsides too. Chris seems to be very discreet, not enjoying the pap circus that surrounds Madeleine at all, or that he has to attend some silly royal events. But then she has a big name to attract exactly those kind of people you want to see at your charity events.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
You also have no proof that they are not going after something if you don't know Chris and his family personally. People have different opinions and view people differently that's it.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm still a little thrown by the engagement interview. It felt very off. I wish they'd sat for a real interview instead of doing the video- I think they would have come off much more naturally that way.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
You also have no proof that they are not going after something if you don't know Chris and his family personally. People have different opinions and view people differently that's it.
i understand the opinions, the problem is when people don't consider other options!
Let's give them te benefit of the doubt and be happy for them.
Some people here expresses their doubts and that is perfectly fine, some have no doubt that chris family is after something.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Royal Highness

will they announce more details about the wedding like the exact date in November? or early next year? whats their system? because Victoria's was a special case considering her husband's transplant, so i cant compare.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to Aftonbladet photographer Patrick Demarchelier, who took the black and white photo, may charge about 46000 euros a day when he takes photos. Who paid, the court or Chris?
Berömd modefotograf tog förlovningsbilden Nyheter Aftonbladet
It's not euros. It's 46.000 SEK.

Tags
chris o'neill, engagement, princess madeleine