The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam
I wish them all the best! This video seems a little more natural than the interview with Jonas, in my opinion. I wonder how long they've been engaged though? I only wonder because their engagement pictures, video and announcement all happened on the same day.
Since early October, according to their engagement interview. So probably two or three weeks.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Apparently Chris' mum dated Prince Charles.
Based on the photos posted by DailyMail, Prince Charles and Mrs. O'Neill appeared to maintain friendly relationship.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Hooray, another royal wedding to look forward to!

I like her engagement ring. The diamond looks like a princess-cut or cushion-cut.

Madeleine looks so happy in the official engagement pictures. As for Chris, he seems very reserved. He doesn't smile (as in showing teeth) in any of the pictures.
He is not a slim man, so to look good it's better for him not to smile. After all, he wants the best pics for his bride...
Old 10-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina
Based on the photos posted by DailyMail, Prince Charles and Mrs. O'Neill appeared to maintain friendly relationship.
Is there a link to that article?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I understand they will get married next summer.

Do you know on any date that might be more likely than others?
Any traditions? Any special days?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

I wish them all the best. According to a lady Swedish journalist his presence was already noted in AUgust 2010 in Stockholm, so they have had quite some time to learn about each other. I regret their smoking habits (seen on the street).
I am not surprised that Maddie comes first in announcement of engagement; they are less risky than CP&S regarding public opinion and they will demonstrate as well that love guides them all!! I think we should expect a more simple wedding; their current level of popularity would not allow again huge expenses, as in June 2010.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Majesty

Pictures:
PRİNCESS MADELEİNE AND CHRİS O'NEİLL LEAVE FROM SWEDEN FOR GO TO LONDON-
MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD: PR
Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Is there a link to that article?
There we go, Princess Madeliene of Sweden announces engagement to British-American banker after New York proposal | Mail Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I understand they will get married next summer.

Do you know on any date that might be more likely than others?
Any traditions? Any special days?
Some suggest Saturday 15th June because Madeleine's godmother Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson got married then. And June is quite the preferred month.

Princess Margaret of Connaught married Gustaf, Crown Prince of Sweden in 1905 on that day as well.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

Just seen the video and I think Chris is Very handsome indeed with a very lovely voice!! I can see why people are concerned regarding the length of their courtship but I doubt Madeleine would jump into the wrong situation without being sure he's right for her given the Jonas affaire.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

I like the video, and am impressed with his accent, which is British without being "extreme" BBC accent. Very dignified and nice, I think. As for an Irish connection, well, O'Neill is an ancient Irish kingly line. "Naill" being the usual spelling in that case. Reason to wear the Connaught tiara? And maybe an O'Neill Tartan in decorations? Probably not, but it's a thought. He may have just a very slim slice of Irish in his makeup, can't say. But he's a rich moneymaker, that's for sure, not a down home Irishman.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Front page news on CNN.com.
The CNN story is at: Swedish princess to wed American 'soulmate' - CNN.com
Old 10-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
A man takes his wife's style in Sweden?? Good grief!
Actually the non-royal takes the royal partners title.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

perhaps Madeleine dated Jonas a tad bit too long. Putting off the wedding and delaying a breakup even shows that there was a lot of doubts going on in that relationship but they just held on hoping things would get better. I think a year is plenty long enough to know how well you mesh with another person and if its right... go for it.

I wish them all the best and am really looking forward to another royal wedding to anticipate. I'm seriously crossing all body parts for a white tie wedding too.
ITA I think it's so interesting to see many posters concerned about the couple only knowing each other for two years. To me, the long waiting of some of these couples spells trouble and trepidation.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
ITA I think it's so interesting to see many posters concerned about the couple only knowing each other for two years. To me, the long waiting of some of these couples spells trouble and trepidation.
I don't think time together is necessarily an indication of anything. I have one brother who asked his wife to marry him on their 3rd date, and another who waited 6 years. They have both been married to their wives for almost 40 years.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The press probably take a little notice because an American is marrying into a royal family. I'mhoping the Cambridges will attend the wedding. I'm guessing we will see a nice royal trurn out, if that's the kind of wedding they will plan.
I think and I hope that The Cambridges will not be on the wedding (it's too much publicity around them). It will be "smaller" wedding because Princess Madeleine is not heir to the throne as Victoria, but I think that the wedding will be just as beautiful. Certainly there will be a royal families from Europe, maybe HDG from Luxembourg :)
Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 PM

Wow, didn't see this one coming! I'd figured it would happen next year.

Madeleine is so happy and looks beautiful in the photos. Chris - I don't know. Sure, he may not be the smiling type, but he looks shady. But then again, during Princess Estelle's christening, he wasn't looking at all the cameras and went about his business.

I wish them all the best and I'm certain Madeleine would make a gorgeous bride!

ETA: the video was cute up until the Princess went "tee-hee!" That was so fake, staged and everything wrong. It was pure cheesy! She could've at least made a natural laugh, which wouldn't have been hard if she is so happy.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Congrats to the couple real thrilled that we have another royal wedding to look forward to.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I don't think time together is necessarily an indication of anything. I have one brother who asked his wife to marry him on their 3rd date, and another who waited 6 years. They have both been married to their wives for almost 40 years.
Indeed, and I also think once people are in their late 20s and especially their 30s they should know themselves well enough, and have a good enough idea of what they're looking for in a relationship, to be able to say relatively quickly whether they could build a life with a prospective partner.

There's never any guarantee a marriage will last, (I had friends who married after dating for almost four years and then divorced two years later), but IMO you're not going to find out anything new about your partner after two or three years of dating that you couldn't find out after one.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the Happy Couple and all the best to them!!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
ETA: the video was cute up until the Princess went "tee-hee!" That was so fake, staged and everything wrong. It was pure cheesy! She could've at least made a natural laugh, which wouldn't have been hard if she is so happy.
Is "tee-hee" something like "Yay!"? What is the meaning?

Tags
chris o'neill, engagement, princess madeleine