The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Gentry

Best wishes to them.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to them I wish them the best. I thought the video was cute and different.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to the couple!
Now the media will focus even more on Madeleine and Chris, I suppose.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I definitely hope that they will marry in May or in July because in June I am giving birth to my second child and won't be able to watch the wedding on TV.
HAHAHA!!!!

That's the main reason why I excluded June myself. Only that it's my first child and not the second.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Congratulations. But it's a bit soon in my eyes, love is love I guess.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe we see Prince Charles and Camilla at the wedding as Charles is a good friend of Madeleine's mother-in-law.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Courtier

So happy for Madeleine! Congratulations to them!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post

And even though I really wish Carl Philip and Sofia their happily ever after, too, I really hope they keep calm now until after Madeleine and Chris are married. For the sake of CP&S and for the SRF I really don't wish them history repeating itself when it comes to a double engagement again.

So, YAY!!!! for Madeleine and Chris.

And please, please keep calm, Carl Philip and Sofia. Another few month of waiting won't kill you.

Hmmmm, I would fret and fume, if I were Sofia, I really thought, they would announce first.....
Waiting after Madeleines wedding would mean, announcement in Summer/Autumn 2013, wedding in 2014, unless it will be a Winterwedding.... still quite some time to wait....
BYe Bine
Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Nobility

I'ám very happy for them and hope she have with Chris a better time ! congratulations!!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations! So happy for them!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Courtier

Hooray, another royal wedding to look forward to!

I like her engagement ring. The diamond looks like a princess-cut or cushion-cut.

Madeleine looks so happy in the official engagement pictures. As for Chris, he seems very reserved. He doesn't smile (as in showing teeth) in any of the pictures.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Nobility

I congratulate the couple.

I somehow have the feeling that there are shadows over the engagement. May be it's the autumn weather, maybe it's the dark colour of the picture. I have the feeling, that this ends up in divorce in may be ten years.
There is no question, if this wedding takes part - it will, because otherwise Madeleine is blamed forever.
But is it only me who has the feeling that the woman on the picture is NOT Madeleine ???
I mean - sure it's her - but when I look at her I have the feeling the old Madeleine is gone. Look at old pictures and you know what I mean.

I miss the light-heartedness of a swedish summer that she once emanated.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Courtier

To be honest I am very happy for them. I thought so a while that an engagement would be coming and to be honest I way prefer Chris over Jonas Bergström. He strikes me as very reliable.
When I look at Madeleine now I see a beautiful and intelligent young woman who is quite self-confident and happy. When I look back at Madeleine during the Jonas-years I hardly regonize her. Her true self was never shining through while being with him. Just my opionion but I much prefer her now than 3 years ago.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Courtier

I notice the black and white photo is by Patrick Demarchelier, nice. She looks so much more comfortable in the photos than Chris O'Neill, which is understandable, of course. But certainly gives me the impression he'll have a difficult time adjusting to royal life, should they choose to live in Sweden. Despite Chris' seeming discomfort though, I like this set of photos than the ones before as it has a sophisticated, mature feel to them.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

Everyone is saying that Chris is American, is that because he lives in America or do we actually know he immigrated there.The only reason I ask is because if you listen to the video he has a british accent when he talks.What do we know about him?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Courtier

His mother is Austrian. One of his sisters is married to an English Lord I think the other one lives also in Austria and is married to an Count. Just one or two weeks ago there was a report in our magazine News about the upcoming engangement between Chris and Madeleine. Apparently NEWS had it right this time ;-)
And how beautiful does Madeleine look in the green dress ? STUNNING! And the earrings are to die for.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Courtier

Here is my post exactly one week ago in the Press Speculation thread on 10/18 :

Quote:
According to our (Austrian) magazine News Madeleine and Chris will announce their engagement by the end of November. I wouldn't take this speculation serious though .....
Seems NEWS got it right - for ONCE! :-)
Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

He was born in Britain where his late American father was working and holds dual british/american citizenship, according to the CNN and some other less reliable us sources. He does have a british accent.

Madelene seems so happy and so to have grown up so much since meeting him.
I loved the video, we could listen to their voices and see them with each other. He does smile in the video and the green dress looks lovely with her eyes and the tapestry.
The video may seem silly to some of us, but is more appropriate to her age group.

The Swedish women in the RF all have such warm, sonorous voices, it is one of their great charms.
Watching Q Silvia's interview and listening to her lovely voice and understanding very little, transmits that she is very happy about this.
I hope the wedding is asap and mid-june, but of course not the 19th would suit me fine.
Good luck to our newly pregnant posters who are expecting to deliver then! It is a wonderful month to have a baby!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Madeleine looks so happy in the official engagement pictures. As for Chris, he seems very reserved. He doesn't smile (as in showing teeth) in any of the pictures.
Perhaps he´s a person who doesn´t smile with teeth I am that kind of a person, who never smile showing teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
Everyone is saying that Chris is American, is that because he lives in America or do we actually know he immigrated there.The only reason I ask is because if you listen to the video he has a british accent when he talks.What do we know about him?
He has citizenhship both in Great Britain and USA

Tags
chris o'neill, engagement, princess madeleine