Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: October 25, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HRHHermione said:
Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.

I agree

A black tie wedding would surprise me as white tie weddings is very common today in every royal house except in the brf as you say and they both appears to like gala events but we have to remember that the king and his sisters margareta, desiree and birgitta as well as prince bertil had all black tie weddings . Only Victoria and Princess Christina had white tie weddings so i dare not to be sure about a white tie wedding until we know.

The Cameo is a safe bet i guess. It would surprise me if she don't want to follow the tradition from her sister, mother and aunts birgitta and desiree .

The press probably take a little notice because an American is marrying into a royal family. I'mhoping the Cambridges will attend the wedding. I'm guessing we will see a nice royal trurn out, if that's the kind of wedding they will plan.

i would say 99,9999% that the Cambridges will not come, they have not been at any other wedding

madeleines wedding will not be as official but there will be guets who are royals but becouse they are famnily and friends

This is great news! I am so happy for the both of them.
I hope all works out well and soon we have another royal wedding.

The Cameo is a safe bet i guess. It would surprise me if she don't want to follow the tradition from her sister, mother and aunts birgitta and desiree .
Yes, she's probably going to wear the cameo tiara, but I don't think it will suit her, I would prefer if she chose the Connaught tiara, she looked lovely wearing it at Victoria's wedding, and princess Christina wore it at her wedding.

Queen Silvia :rose:
Familjerna grattar till förlovningen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

part translation>
- The Princess is happy and so are we. He's a real mother's dream, says Queen Silvia told Aftonbladet.
- Chris O'Neill is a very warm, pleasant and likeable person.
Silvia hopes the couple moves to Sweden
Silvia says the royal couple and the newly engaged talked about the wedding, which will take place next year, but no date yet. In the future we hope to Silvia Madden and Chris settling in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. As it is, they are of course in the U.S., but Chris O'Neill is very international. He has lived in England and has a business there, she says.
Silvia also reveals that she has already seen the engagement ring.
- The sparkles as much as the princess's eyes, she says.
:previous:
Video >
Silvia "Ringen gnistrar precis som hennes ögon" | Kungligt | Kungligt

I am really happy for the two, so congratulations!!!!

I am also happy, that they did it completely different this time than at the first engagement.... great pics and a super-sweet video

Bye Bine

Great news. I hope she has more luck this time.

I hope we will see them at the Nobel Prizes!

Congratulations to the happy couple! May they have many, many years together in happiness.

Congratulations to the couple! They are so beautiful together! I'm happy for them!

I wonder what title Christopher will get, if any, as he probably won't give up his American citizenship? And I'm curious if he takes on the Bernadotte name like Daniel did?

But he seems to be a very nice man, just like Daniel - both appear to be able to give their wifes stability and support when they need it but are able to step back if their wifes need space. :flowers:

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I hope it ends more fortunate than her first engagement.

Chris comes across as a macho type of guy, at least knowing quite well what he wants. I cant see him moving to Sweden or even showing up at events that are not must-attend.
I hope they have the strength to lead a life of their own. Good luck!

Just to add: The little video is one of the silliest things a royal court has provided, ever!!!

I agree, especially with the last sentence. The video is so terribly posed and her little happy chuckle in the end :unsure:

Last edited:
Aw, congratulations to Madeleine and Chris.
He seems like a legit and sweet guy, not like that scumbag she was engaged to before.
It's kind of an odd way to announce it though, isn't it?

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I hope it ends more fortunate than her first engagement.

I agree, especially with the last sentence. The video is so terribly posed and her little happy chuckle in the end :unsure:

I thought I was the only one who thought the video was a little silly. It was like something out of an odd movie.

Congratulations to the newly engaged couple.... cant wait for their wedding.

It was nice to hear from him in the video though.

I didn't see this engagement coming right now, but I wish them all the best nontheless. And I keep my fingers crossed that this engagement ends in a wedding and not in tears. Madeleine deserves her happily ever after.

Let's just hope there will be an official date for the wedding soon. Her last engagement became a farce when they postponed a date again and again. My bets are on May or August.

And even though I really wish Carl Philip and Sofia their happily ever after, too, I really hope they keep calm now until after Madeleine and Chris are married. For the sake of CP&S and for the SRF I really don't wish them history repeating itself when it comes to a double engagement again.

So, YAY!!!! for Madeleine and Chris. :twohearts::fireworks::twohearts:

And please, please keep calm, Carl Philip and Sofia. Another few month of waiting won't kill you.

Well, I'm glad for Madeleine, and I wish her happiness and all that, but I don't like Chris, he seems weird to me.

I think they won't show up at most of the events.
But he's learning Swedish, so there's hope!

I'm quite afraid Madeleine would like to have a modern low key wedding without a white tie gala!!!!!!

Congratulations to the happy couple!

I've been waiting for this one! So happy for them. Congratulations

I think we are in for a summer wedding. Looking so forward to it as they are a lovely couple.

My bets are on May or August.
My guess is the second or third week in June, after the end of the school year in Sweden but before Midsummer, June is a very common month for weddings in Sweden, even in the SRF. Another popular wedding date in Sweden is Saturday before Whitsunday, but as it's on the day after the Norwegian national day and the Norwegian royal family will most likely be among the guests invited to the wedding, I doubt Madeleine and Chris will chose that day.

Back
Top Bottom