The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2012, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Silvia
Familjerna grattar till förlovningen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

part translation>
- The Princess is happy and so are we. He's a real mother's dream, says Queen Silvia told Aftonbladet.
- Chris O'Neill is a very warm, pleasant and likeable person.
Silvia hopes the couple moves to Sweden
Silvia says the royal couple and the newly engaged talked about the wedding, which will take place next year, but no date yet. In the future we hope to Silvia Madden and Chris settling in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. As it is, they are of course in the U.S., but Chris O'Neill is very international. He has lived in England and has a business there, she says.
Silvia also reveals that she has already seen the engagement ring.
- The sparkles as much as the princess's eyes, she says.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Nobility

My deepest congratulations to the couple !!! I'm so glad that we will be hosting another royal summer wedding in sweden :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione
YAY! It's true. That's so exciting. Just when I thought we were done with big tiara events for awhile!! I wish the happy couple the very best.
We don't know yet if it will be a white tie wedding but i'm also hoping for that.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
My deepest congratulations to the couple !!! I'm so glad that we will be hosting another royal summer wedding in sweden :)

We don't know yet if it will be a white tie wedding but i'm also hoping for that.
Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:24 AM
Royal Highness

i was surprised but happy with this news!!!!!!!!
i really hope she gets a grogeous wedding ceremony with a nice royal gathering as she is a Princess of Sweden, i was sure that with Bergstrom it would have been a grand ceremony, but we dont know if Chris likes that, so it will be gambling on what the ceremony will be like.
its just a pity that Estelle will not be the flower girl, she's too young yet.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
i was surprised but happy with this news!!!!!!!!
i really hope she gets a grogeous wedding ceremony with a nice royal gathering as she is a Princess of Sweden, i was sure that with Bergstrom it would have been a grand ceremony, but we dont know if Chris likes that, so it will be gambling on what the ceremony will be like.
its just a pity that Estelle will not be the flower girl, she's too young yet.
Maybe she will be flower girl when her uncle marries.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:26 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the couple, Madeleine looks very happy. I would guess that the wedding will be at the same level as the wedding of princess Christina in 1974, maybe an late afternoon wedding with dinner afterwards, but no gala event the evening before the wedding.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 AM
Royal Highness

have we seen the engagement ring? or will we see it in a press conference with the couple like Victoria&Daniel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Maybe she will be flower girl when her uncle marries.
thats right
i wonder if Sofia will feel the urge to get married to after hearing the news.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
have we seen the engagement ring?
You can see the ring quit well in the official HQ pictures released by the court :

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...._Rundquist.jpg

Old 10-25-2012, 04:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
have we seen the engagement ring? or will we see it in a press conference with the couple like Victoria&Daniel?

thats right
i wonder if Sofia will feel the urge to get married to after hearing the news.
You can see the ring here: http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...._Rundquist.jpg
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I wish them well and hope it doesnt end in tears. Madeleine looks very pretty. Chris comes across as a macho type of guy, at least knowing quite well what he wants. I cant see him moving to Sweden or even showing up at events that are not must-attend.
I hope they have the strength to lead a life of their own. Good luck!

Just to add: The little video is one of the silliest things a royal court has provided, ever!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione

Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.
I agree

A black tie wedding would surprise me as white tie weddings is very common today in every royal house except in the brf as you say and they both appears to like gala events but we have to remember that the king and his sisters margareta, desiree and birgitta as well as prince bertil had all black tie weddings . Only Victoria and Princess Christina had white tie weddings so i dare not to be sure about a white tie wedding until we know.

The Cameo is a safe bet i guess. It would surprise me if she don't want to follow the tradition from her sister, mother and aunts birgitta and desiree .
Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The press probably take a little notice because an American is marrying into a royal family. I'mhoping the Cambridges will attend the wedding. I'm guessing we will see a nice royal trurn out, if that's the kind of wedding they will plan.
i would say 99,9999% that the Cambridges will not come, they have not been at any other wedding

madeleines wedding will not be as official but there will be guets who are royals but becouse they are famnily and friends
Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 AM
Majesty

my vote is on the Connaught tiara
Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

This is great news! I am so happy for the both of them.
I hope all works out well and soon we have another royal wedding.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
The Cameo is a safe bet i guess. It would surprise me if she don't want to follow the tradition from her sister, mother and aunts birgitta and desiree .
Yes, she's probably going to wear the cameo tiara, but I don't think it will suit her, I would prefer if she chose the Connaught tiara, she looked lovely wearing it at Victoria's wedding, and princess Christina wore it at her wedding.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Queen Silvia
Familjerna grattar till förlovningen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

part translation>
- The Princess is happy and so are we. He's a real mother's dream, says Queen Silvia told Aftonbladet.
- Chris O'Neill is a very warm, pleasant and likeable person.
Silvia hopes the couple moves to Sweden
Silvia says the royal couple and the newly engaged talked about the wedding, which will take place next year, but no date yet. In the future we hope to Silvia Madden and Chris settling in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. As it is, they are of course in the U.S., but Chris O'Neill is very international. He has lived in England and has a business there, she says.
Silvia also reveals that she has already seen the engagement ring.
- The sparkles as much as the princess's eyes, she says.

Video >
Silvia "Ringen gnistrar precis som hennes ögon" | Kungligt | Kungligt
Old 10-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Courtier

I am really happy for the two, so congratulations!!!!

I am also happy, that they did it completely different this time than at the first engagement.... great pics and a super-sweet video

Bye Bine
Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Great news. I hope she has more luck this time.

Royal Weddding Cakes
Old 10-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope we will see them at the Nobel Prizes!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:20 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to the happy couple! May they have many, many years together in happiness.

Tags
chris o'neill, engagement, princess madeleine