The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Historian, author and Victoria's former teacher Herman Lindqvist has told to swedish media, that he thinks that the engagement of Madeleine and Chris will last to the wedding, they get married, but after that their relationship will start to break down. Bertil Ternert commented to Expressen: "I want to stress that Lindqvist's comments are just speculation, and he does seem to have any knowledge of the true nature of things".
Estelleä pilkannut kirjailija Madden suhde ei kestä - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...3-3fcc6a404541
Why, why would Bertil Ternert even comment on that article?
Obviously, Lindqvist's comments are just speculation but why spread them further by officially commenting on them?

Old 01-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Why, why would Bertil Ternert even comment on that article?
Obviously, Lindqvist's comments are just speculation but why spread them further by officially commenting on them?
At this point, I think the Royal Family must instruct Bertil Ternert to make these statements. Otherwise, I imagine he'd have been fired long ago for being totally incompetent at PR. It's very strange.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Having that many divorces in his family background isn't a good sign. That's a lot of relationship turmoil to be raised with. And something about them does feel very off to me.

I'm hoping for the best for them, but won't be surprised if things don't work out.
No, neither will I.

I know it sounds silly to say such a thing, but I can see what people mean when they mention that Chris has cold eyes. (He looks like a shark in a suit, I hope she knows what she is doing).
Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
No, neither will I.

I know it sounds silly to say such a thing, but I can see what people mean when they mention that Chris has cold eyes. (He looks like a shark in a suit, I hope she knows what she is doing).
I have a bit of the same impression of him, and I didn't want to say it because I thought it was just me. I just get a bad vibe about the whole thing.

I really do hope I'm wrong though. It's always more fun to watch a happy couple than it is to watch unhappiness and tragedy.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Majesty

I just wish the couple well and hope their love and friendship is strong. I'm getting the feeling the tabloids won't be too kind to them.

I think the should be given a chance. I know they had a short courtship but I just hope Madeleline and Chris will be okay because I do think he last breakup devastated her and I don't think she should go through that again.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I have a bit of the same impression of him, and I didn't want to say it because I thought it was just me. I just get a bad vibe about the whole thing.

I really do hope I'm wrong though. It's always more fun to watch a happy couple than it is to watch unhappiness and tragedy.
I am righ tthere with you Hermione. Something about this gives me a bad vibe also. I do hope I'm wrong, Madeleine deserves to be happy and Chris is who she has chosen to be happy with.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

All those people who are getting a bad vibe should remember the good vibe everyone got from Jonas (to whom Daniel was often unfavorably compared). Since Maddy and Chris will be living mostly in NYC they will be lucky enough to live their life together largely out of the public eye. Their marriage will be what it will be, what ever the 2 of them make of it. Lets at least give them a chance to make a life together before writing them off.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Courtier

NY-based princess least favourite in Sweden - The Local

I suppose they want a bad sheep of the family and have picked the younger Princess.

Princess Margaret;Princess Anne, Sarah Duchess of York all know what that felt like.

A Royal Wedding of a younger sister seems not to be making much difference to public opinion. I wonder after the marriage if more criticisms are laid at their door?

I hope Chris does not turn out to be another Tony Armstrong-Jones.

Prince Daniel has a kind and soft heart.

Chris is more assertive and in your face. For good or bad time will tell!

Jonas well, a natural born cheat!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Courtier

Madeline is now 4th in line and will continue to slip down as Victoria has more children and Carl gets married and has children. I'll bet she is looking forward to fading from the limelight, so that she can live privately.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Historian, author and Victoria's former teacher Herman Lindqvist has told to swedish media, that he thinks that the engagement of Madeleine and Chris will last to the wedding, they get married, but after that their relationship will start to break down.
I think H Lindqvist is killing his credibility, assuming his statement was correctly reported. Such statement is unacceptable.
Btterness after his criticism about the choise of Estelle as name is probably still on.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I think H Lindqvist is killing his credibility, assuming his statement was correctly reported. Such statement is unacceptable.
Btterness after his criticism about the choise of Estelle as name is probably still on.
Agree with you. After this last comment by Lindqvist I would be more worried about his state of mind than the choice of Princess Madeleine's future husband. Lindqvist shows such frightening disregard for even the most basic manners.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank You Card
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAqoW_7CQAEVH4i.jpg:large
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
How did you get one of those?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post

Looks to be a picture, possibly from the Internet or sent to LadyFinn.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
I haven't got a card from Madeleine and Chris, I found it from internet.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Nobility

I'm curious about Chris' title after the marriage or if he will have one at all. Or will Madeleine follow in the footsteps of her aunts and simply be "HRH Princess Madeleine, Mrs. O'Neill"? (You'll have to forgive me for not looking through all 17 pages of this thread.)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
I'm curious about Chris' title after the marriage or if he will have one at all. Or will Madeleine follow in the footsteps of her aunts and simply be "HRH Princess Madeleine, Mrs. O'Neill"? (You'll have to forgive me for not looking through all 17 pages of this thread.)
We don´t know yet. Nothing has been announced. Jonas would have been granted Madeleine´s titles. We don´t know if this applies for Chris aswell.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
The king's solicitor, Axel Calissendorff, said just a few weeks ago, that to get a title, a person must have swedish citizenship. At the moment Chris has two citizenships, Great Britain and USA, but he could apply for swedish citizenship and be a duke or a prince of Sweden.

Tags
chris o'neill, engagement, princess madeleine