The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Honestly, I'd be surprised if there was no gala event. The Swedish royal family likes their tiara events, they're not stingy about them like the British Royal Family.

Even if there's not... I can't wait to see the Cameo tiara again.

Happy News!
I also hope its a very formal affair with Tiara's galore! < I love looking at the Royal Jewels of the Royal Houses from around the World!

(In defence of the BRF - unlike some European Countries who's people not only support in these events but rejoice in them; Unfortunately every time loads of money is spent there seems to be a public outcry in Britain )

Old 11-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

In which royal family section of the SRF will Chris be included? Kungafamiljen, Kungliga Huset or Kungliga Familjen? Sorry that I post here the swedish names, but I don't know how to devide Kungafamiljen and Kungliga Familjen translated into English!

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
In which royal family section of the SRF will Chris be included? Kungafamiljen, Kungliga Huset or Kungliga Familjen? Sorry that I post here the swedish names, but I don't know how to devide Kungafamiljen and Kungliga Familjen translated into English!
I would say Kungafamiljen, the king's family, and possibly also seen as a member of the Kungliga familjen (at least when Victoria becomes monarch), as I don't think he will become a HRH.

Kungahuset - The Royal House - are the monarch, his/her spouse and those members of the family that are HRH

Kungliga familjen - The Royal family - persons born into the Bernadotte family and their spouses (but not their children) (extended family of the king)

Kungafamiljen - the King's family (if I was to make a difference from Kungliga familje) - the king, queen and their children with spouses and children (nuclear family of the king)

See: Svenska kungafamiljen - Wikipedia and Swedish Royal Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 11-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Chris O'Neill has sent a letter to Aftonbladet to correct the wrong information about his business. Aftonbladet has written about Noster Capital and tax paradises.
He says due to his marriage he will voluntarily restrict himself from any investments carried out by Noster Capital that involve a Swedish concern.
He also says that he has never made an anonymous donation to World Childhood Organization, as has been reported in the swedish press. He did make a donation, under his own name and using his personal funds, to purchase a table at the 2011 Gala Dinner in New York City.

Bertil Ternert from the court press department has also commented: "Chris has sat down with his attorney and gone through what has been written. It is important for Chris to show that he and his company follow the tax laws", says Bertil Ternert.
You can read his letter from here (it's in english)
Chris brev om miljonaffärerna Nyheter Aftonbladet

So it seem's that Expressen's Johan T Lindwall's information about Chris' big donation as an anomymous person, almost 100 000 euros, is a lie.
It was a smart move of Chris to react in this way. I am glad he published a letter with his lawyer instead of letting Ternert blabbing along about these issues.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now the court publishes a press release from Chris O'Neill on their website.
Kommentar från Christopher O'Neill - Sveriges Kungahus

And Expressen writes about it
Här är Chris O'Neills svar om sina affärer Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I just wonder why Chris had to post this "clearance" first to Aftonbladet and then later it is published at the court website.
Because it's correct to do it like this as he is not a member of the royal family (yet), prefers to be his own person and to act on his own behalf?
IMHO the statement is a smart move on his part in every way.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Obviously I missed something because since the announcement of the engagement suddenly everyone is actually interested in Chris and having given him the once over and found no thoroughly distasteful or scandalous events in his past, have moved on to inventing them and, when that hasn't panned out, have decided he is a total nonentity!

Chris has grown up with the benefit of great wealth, a superior education and sterling social connections. He doesn't need our approval and he certainly doesn't need the SRF to "advance" his social standing. What part, if any, he plays in the SRF is yet to be seen but because he does not require anyone's approval to continue living life as a very happy camper does not mean we should be participating in the fine old custom of character assassination. He makes Madeleine happy and surely that should be enough for us to give our tacit support.
Well a lot of people in the press, and in the general public, tend not to let the truth get in the way of a "good" story that will sell a few more copies of their magazine or newspaper. It is the same in pretty much every country.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if he will get his own monogram!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Madeleine will get her own bridal march:

Madeleine von Schweden: Sie bekommt ihren eigenen Brautmarsch - BUNTE
Google Übersetzer
Old 12-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

MTV3 writes about the article in Expressen:
Madeleine and Jonas are planning their weddings to the same dates at the end of May or in June. And since they would have a lot of same guests to their weddings, there is a problem. Their friend Louise Gottlieb has tried to get them to talk about this, but Madeleine doesn't want to talk with Jonas, so they can't make up the dates.
Bertil Ternert told to Expressen, that the church and the place hasn't been decided yet: "They have yet to be decided. The family makes a lot of these decisions themselves. A lot of these decisions are made with the princess, of course, when she comes to the Nobel celebrations".
Prinsessa Madeleinen hääsuunnitelmissa yllättävä ongelma - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset
Old 12-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's absolutely okay that Madeleine doesn't want to talk with Jonas. And it's a big sign from her to let her friends attend both weddings. If I were her I would set my wedding date first. And if Jonas would also choose the same date I would let the common friends decide which wedding they want attend.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Personally I would take these reports with a grain of salt. The medias are again trying to stir things up in my opinion.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine and Jonas were together for eight years and they have a lot of mutual friends. Although they broke up, many of them are still friends of both of them. Of course it would be good if Madeleine and Jonas could make up in a friendly way about their wedding dates so that their friends could attend at both of them.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Maybe the ditch their partners at the altar and Madeleine & Jonas elope
Just kidding.. Well, that´s of course an awkward situation.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Nobility

I have a question. In Chris's CV it is said that he has 5 half sisters. How can this happen -which means which one of his parents remarry and when? Were his parents divorced? Thanks in advance.

http://vsemogutkoroli.blogspot.com/
Old 01-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts View Post
I have a question. In Chris's CV it is said that he has 5 half sisters. How can this happen -which means which one of his parents remarry and when? Were his parents divorced? Thanks in advance.
Chris' mother has been married four times and Chris' father at least twice, I have read. Chris' half sisters Tatjana and Natascha from his mother's side are from Eva O'Neill's first and second marriage. Chris is from her third marriage. After the divorce from Paul O'Neill Eva married once more. Chris' half sisters from his father's side (Stephanie, Annalisa and Karen) are from Paul O'Neill's first marriage, Chris is from the second.

Historian, author and Victoria's former teacher Herman Lindqvist has told to swedish media, that he thinks that the engagement of Madeleine and Chris will last to the wedding, they get married, but after that their relationship will start to break down. Bertil Ternert commented to Expressen: "I want to stress that Lindqvist's comments are just speculation, and he does seem to have any knowledge of the true nature of things".
Estelleä pilkannut kirjailija Madden suhde ei kestä - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...3-3fcc6a404541
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

According to Ronald66 at Nobiliana (Research and other News - Ancestry and Descendancy) his father was the third husband of his mother. After their divorce his mother married another man.

Tatjana and Natasha are maternal half-sisters (if maternal is here the right word, they share the same mother).

It seems that the other halfsisters are from his fathers side.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Chris' mother has been married four times and Chris' father at least twice, I have read. Chris' half sisters Tatjana and Natascha from his mother's side are from Eva O'Neill's first and second marriage. Chris is from her third marriage. After the divorce from Paul O'Neill Eva married once more. Chris' half sisters from his father's side (Stephanie, Annalisa and Karen) are from Paul O'Neill's first marriage, Chris is from the second.

Historian, author and Victoria's former teacher Herman Lindqvist has told to swedish media, that he thinks that the engagement of Madeleine and Chris will last to the wedding, they get married, but after that their relationship will start to break down.
Having that many divorces in his family background isn't a good sign. That's a lot of relationship turmoil to be raised with. And something about them does feel very off to me.

I'm hoping for the best for them, but won't be surprised if things don't work out.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Let's give them a chance to start their own family!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Let's give them a chance to start their own family!
Agree
I would add that I liked Jonas very much. I though that, after so many years of relationship, that was a marriage destinated to last. No need to say how wrong I was.

I think anybody can judge a love-relationship between two person. Many years together doesn´t mean you know well the other person, as well as having several-times-divorced parents doesn´t mean that you don´t wish a long, stablished relationship.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)

Tags
chris o'neill, engagement, princess madeleine