The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Courtier

I doubt that Madeline and Chris will show up at any event not required. I really doubt there will be an interview. I think that video was there way of acknowledging that she was a Princess and that they were engaged, but I think they will continue to live privately.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
I doubt that Madeline and Chris will show up at any event not required. I really doubt there will be an interview. I think that video was there way of acknowledging that she was a Princess and that they were engaged, but I think they will continue to live privately.
This. I agree.

I am so happy for the couple. He reminds me a lot of Daniel - reserved, confident and quiet. Madeline has done well!

Chris seems the type who doesn't care for titles. Even though his mother and sisters are socialites, he comes across as not caring for that type of life. A perfect example was at Estelle's baptism.

What will be interesting is the relationship he will have with the King. Chris is alpha-male and won't like to have someone tell him what to do.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Serene Highness

I think it's possible that Madeleine and Chris will attend the Nobel Prize ceremony this year, one reason to why Madeleine have been absent the last two years might be that she hasn't wanted to be there on her own, now she has a fiancé to present to the world.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
I think it's possible that Madeleine and Chris will attend the Nobel Prize ceremony this year, one reason to why Madeleine have been absent the last two years might be that she hasn't wanted to be there on her own, now she has a fiancé to present to the world.
Carl Philip has been there on his own, it has been sad that Madeleine hasn't wanted to participate to this every important event.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip has been there on his own, it has been sad that Madeleine hasn't wanted to participate to this every important event.
The last time Madeleine was at the Nobel Prize ceremony it was with her then-fiancé Jonas, it might have been painful for her to attend the next ceremony on her own as it might have reminded her of her broken engagement.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

I hope Madeleine and Chris attend this years Nobel in Stockholn, it would be lovely to see them both there with the whole family.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post

As someone with Irish ancestry, I will be waiting to see just how, or if, Chris is connected to "the O'Neill" of Ireland. I'm sure it won't be long before the genealogists are hard at it!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't take up the time to follow this thread properly, but from what I've read so far it looks like Chris may as well receive a title. Okay. I'll just add that I don't think that he's the sort of man who would accept a title. JMO
On a lighter note, I found Madde's 'tee-hee' absolutely hilarious but I don't find the whole video awful or tasteless. I quite liked it!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight
I didn't take up the time to follow this thread properly, but from what I've read so far it looks like Chris may as well receive a title. Okay. I'll just add that I don't think that he's the sort of man who would accept a title. JMO
On a lighter note, I found Madde's 'tee-hee' absolutely hilarious but I don't find the whole video awful or tasteless. I quite liked it!
I though the video was perfectly nice up until the "tee hee". An actual "tee hee". Good grief!! Anyway, I hope they will be happy together and I can't wait for another royal wedding!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 AM
Courtier

I like the Swedish royal family very much, but I just don't understand why the Swedish court makes these awkward engagement videos; the one from the engagement of Victoria and Daniel wasn't much to write home about either! Maybe they're trying to avoid the 'stupid-questions-session' of a press conference, - some of the questions usually beggars belief - how did NN propose - was he on his knees - did the proposal come as a surprise etc. but I'm not convinced that the Swedish way is better!

As for a possible title for Chris O'Neill: What do the Swedes think - generally speaking? And is a title relevant if the couple won't be living in Sweden?

Viv
Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
I like the Swedish royal family very much, but I just don't understand why the Swedish court makes these awkward engagement videos; the one from the engagement of Victoria and Daniel wasn't much to write home about either! Maybe they're trying to avoid the 'stupid-questions-session' of a press conference, - some of the questions usually beggars belief - how did NN propose - was he on his knees - did the proposal come as a surprise etc. but I'm not convinced that the Swedish way is better!

As for a possible title for Chris O'Neill: What do the Swedes think - generally speaking? And is a title relevant if the couple won't be living in Sweden?

Viv
Well, Victoria and Daniel had a press conference. The swedish royal reporters think that Madeleine didn't want to have a press conference because somebody would have asked something about Jonas.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Administrator

What a nice surprise...I totally wasn't expecting this royal engagement.

On the other hand, this reminds a bit of Jennifer Aniston, who will always (for some at least) be a part of the JenniferBradAngelina Triangle for ever whether she wants to be or not.

Why is there a constant need to be bring up Jonas? Its obvious that they have both moved on. Can't we let both new couples enjoy their time together.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

MTV3 quotes Expressen's article about how the engagement happened and how the wedding is now planned.
Expressen thinks that the wedding will be at the end of May or at the beginning of June, they base this at the royal calendars.
Chris is catholic. According to an expert it is possible that this causes some talks with the priests. Ternert says that Chris being a catholic
isn't a problem. He can't say yet how the things will get done, but they will be resolved.
Last Monday the king and Victoria attended at the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs at the Royal Palace. According to Expressen at this meeting the king talked with prime minister Reinfeldt and told him that Chris is going to marry Madeleine. He also gave the official letter about the engagement to the prime minister. At the letter the king asks the government to agree with the marriage. The king told to the prime minister that he was planning to announce the engagement on Thursday, after the government had agreed with it. The king said to the prime minister that he should be quiet about the engagement, according to Expressen only the prime minister's secretary was informed. Reinfeldt and the secretary were quiet about the letter until it was given to the judiciary on Wednesday and in the evening the prime minister informed other ministers and leaders.
Madeleinen hääsuunnitelmat Chrisin uskonto puhuttaa - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset
Old 10-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill
Old 11-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Well, Victoria and Daniel had a press conference. The swedish royal reporters think that Madeleine didn't want to have a press conference because somebody would have asked something about Jonas.
Sorry LadyFinn, I forgot about the press conference! But I remember that the engagement was announced with a video! Daniel and Victoria were sitting at a table with the King and Queen.

viv
Old 11-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Why is there a constant need to be bring up Jonas? Its obvious that they have both moved on. Can't we let both new couples enjoy their time together.
IMO for various reasons!
Maybe because our memories won't let us! It's only been two years since the break with Jonas, and because it was so spectacular! We didn't see it coming and it took up a lot of media space back then, also in other Nordic countries than Sweden and probably in Germany too! Our hearts went out to Madeleine during her sister's wedding and maybe, just maybe we're a bit worried about what she's got involved with this time! A courting time of two years is short when speaking of Scandinavian royal & commoner alliances, but at 30 time is not on her side for a an extended 'trial run' if they want children! I for one hope for the best and wish them every happiness, but I'm sorry to say that my warning lights are flashing!

viv
Old 11-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Because the media wants news that sell. Maybe some reporter would have wanted to ask why Madeleine thinks that everything is different now. And ask about how Madeleine feels about Jonas and her former friend falling in love.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Will Chris take patronages?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Courtier

I hope so much for a summer wedding. June/July/August.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
As someone with Irish ancestry, I will be waiting to see just how, or if, Chris is connected to "the O'Neill" of Ireland. I'm sure it won't be long before the genealogists are hard at it!
I'm looking forward to it, MarNoe. !!

Tags
chris o'neill, engagement, princess madeleine