The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2012, 05:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if Chris gets the title of prince or any other upon his marriage. I suppose their wedding won't be broadcasted online , but maybe I am wrong.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I wonder if Chris gets the title of prince or any other upon his marriage. I suppose their wedding won't be broadcasted online , but maybe I am wrong.
Since it was announced by the court that Jonas Bergström was going to be the duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland after the wedding, I think that Chris may be given a title of a duke. But it depends on the king, he decides it, and maybe Chris doesn't want to have a title.

Eva O'Neill in Sweden
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...le-620x0-2.jpg

Old 10-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness

I'm very happy for the couple.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Congrats to them!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

his family lives in london?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
his family lives in london?
The firm where Chris works, has a company in London also, that's why he visits there. Eva O'Neill has homes in many places. Tatjana d'Abo, the half sister of Chris, lives in London. The other half sister, Natascha Abensberg und Traun is married with austrian count Ernst Abensberg und Traun.
Here's Eva O'Neill with her daughter Natascha and her husband Ernst Abensberg und Traun.
http://di005pcl.predl.info/eventfoto...01.resized.jpg
Old 10-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Courtier

One sister lives in Austria and is married to an Earl. The other sister lives in England. Do not know where his mother lives though. She has for sure some properties in Austria.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to them! She's going to be a very beautiful bride. I have no problem with the engagement video; it's kind of cool. But, erm, that mother of his -- what a piece of work! I wouldn't be surprised if she insists on a title for herself... haha
Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Shouldn't he be a Swede to receive any title?

Congratulations to the couple! I truly hope it works out this time!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

This is getting asked and answered on every page in this thread, but, When Madeleine's previous engagement was announced the court said that her fiance' would be known as the Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Wouldn't it be a xenophobia?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Wouldn't it be a xenophobia?
Xenophobia is the dislike or fear of people from other countries. If it is tradition not to grant titles to persons who were not born in Sweden, I don't see how that's xenophobia.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Courtier

I think as this couple have remained so private a lot of us are basing our opinions on the engagement video. As I've said before I think the video was awful but that's because of the format it took. Usually engagement announcements are made in an interview format or with other family members present, because there was just the two of them it felt to me to be really showy and more celebrity than royal. But I think that's down to the format, maybe if they do a few interviews we will get to see more of the real couple rather than this acted out video.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Courtier

To be honest I just watched the video again and I really do not think it was awful. It was perfectly alright for me. Okay Madeleine's "thehe" was really superfluous but apart from that I see nothing wrong with their video. Looking forward to an pre-wedding interview, hopefully we will get one.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill; October 25, 2012

I'm so happy for them. I wonder if Chris will receive Madeleine's title like Daniel received Victoria's.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post

Congratulations to the couple! I truly hope it works out this time!
Why should his citizenship matter if he only becomes duke consort to Madeleines dukedom, as opposed to actually receiving a title himself? That was the plan for Jonas. Lots of foreign women have married titled men and used the female version of their husbands titles without necessarily adopting their husbands citizenship.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

The question of citizenship does not play any role whatsoever in the matter of the King giving Chris O'Neill a title.
The only handicap would be if he held an official government position, which he does not - Americans in a government office can't accept foreign titles.
The Palace has already announced that the title question will be answered along with other info released at one point closer to the wedding.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The question of citizenship does not play any role whatsoever in the matter of the King giving Chris O'Neill a title.
The only handicap would be if he held an official government position, which he does not - Americans in a government office can't accept foreign titles.
The Palace has already announced that the title question will be answered along with other info released at one point closer to the wedding.
Even less an issue if he is treated the same way they planned to treat Jonas, becoming consort duke to her dukedom without actually receiving a title himself.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I wonder when the royal couple will make their first official appearence?
Most likely at the Nobel festivities.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Most likely at the Nobel festivities.
Bertil Ternert told to Expressen today, that he doesn't know if Madeleine is going to attend the Nobel Prize ceremony. But if she does, it is possible for Chris to attend at them. Ternert said that maybe he has the decision to tell in the near future. Of course it would be nice if Madeleine now would suddenly attend at the Nobels, since she has been absent for the last two years.

Tags
chris o'neill, engagement, princess madeleine