Christening of Princess Leonore: June 8, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Estelles dress is one of her mothers dresses said Elisabeth tarras-wahlberg

I thought Victorias earings first were new Diamond earings no duch luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Sofia at the Chapel. Obviously poor Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha has to sit beside her at the Chapel.

I really wonder what Carl Philip sees in her...?!:ermm:

Just saw pics of Sofia...I'm speechless! She can't be a bit dignified even at a christening, can she?
What was with the legs spread wide? Did she get her heels stuck or something? :ohmy:

I noticed that so many ladies at the christening were wearing short dresses.

I was about to say the same! -_-

For once, I think Sofia is following what the other guests were doing. If you look at the other guests' pics, they're pretty much doing the same thing. And you know that the press were calling out Sofia's name much more so.

I just saw that in the photos ,was this used at Estelle's christening also?

At Estelle's christening was Prince Oscar (II)'s crown, not this what was used today.
And of course Estelle also got the Order of the Seraphim.

Last edited:
Victoria's headpiece looks awful.
Victoria's headpeace looks very much like the headpeace queen Silvia wore at the baptism of princess Madeleine in 1982: http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2010/06/spe88d10-638x432.jpg

There were many details in the baptism of Leonore (as well as her parents' wedding) that had connections to her duchy Gotland, the Bridal March that was used at the wedding was from Gotland, and it was also played in the background before the ceremony began, as well as a piece, Bönen (the prayer) written by princess Eugenie. Eugenie spent many summers at her summer home Fridhem, situated just outside Visby on Gotland. The princess crown that was on display is known as prinsessan Eugenies krona. The silver bowl on the baptismal font as well as the cradle used have also connetions to princess Eugenie.

As baptismal gifts Leonore got a table and four chairs handmade by pine from Gotland from the court staff, and from the county of Gotland she got her own pony, born in May 2014, a Gotland pony, the only semi-wild pony living in Sweden.

Her name, Leonore, has also a connection with Drottningholm Castle, as it was built by Hedvig Eleonora of Holstein-Gottorp and Leonore is a form of Eleonora.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, Meraude! This headpiece still does not grow on me. It might have looked perfect on the Queen, but it doesn't suit Victoria's head, IMO.

So what is next? Are they having lunch at the palace?

At Estelle's christening was Prince Oscar (II)'s crown, not this what was used today.
And of course Estelle also got the Order of the Seraphim.

Is there a picture of the new princess in the cradle?

Did Estelle even take a picture in hers?

Sophia could have been waving at someone who waved at her and saying hello. It also looks like she is talking to the gentleman behind her leaving the church.

Leonore in the cradle (Karl XV's cradle)

http://media.shootitlive.com/8oI1uQjjqRt6WPrHQCt3e0qLHR4/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1545

Estelle slept at Karl XI's cradle. It is the oldest cradle of the royal family.

http://hd.se/multimedia/dynamic/00681/syc1b617_681745l.jpg

Thank you for these! Beautiful! It looks as though the cradles are not at the ceremony, but at the palace where the little ones can rest.

It also looks like Karl XV cradle is bigger than Karl XI cradle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Estelle was put in the cradle as a future Queen.Madeleine seems to be making sure that in Royal terms nothing is going to get past her baby. For someone who doesn't even live in Sweden she seems to like all the trappings when she is there.

I thought Estelle was put in the cradle as a future Queen.Madeleine seems to be making sure that in Royal terms nothing is going to get past her baby. For someone who doesn't even live in Sweden she seems to like all the trappings when she is there.

Yes, Estelle was put at Karl XIs cradle, because it is the oldest cradle in the royal family. It was used only for princes, but since Estelle is the heir and the future queen, she was put to it.
About Madeleine, I totally agree with you.

It also looks like Karl XV cradle is bigger than Karl XI cradle.

It is not bigger, but it is different. Karl XIs cradle is very old, it was used for the first time at Karl XI's christening in 1655. It has gorgeous details.
http://a4.mndcdn.com/image/upload/t_next_gen_article_large_767/sclwtm9cal18nf4z70lora.jpg

Karl XV's cradle, where Leonore slept, is from 1826.

Royal expert Herman Lindqvist told just at Aftonbladet's chat, that princess Birgitta was coming to the christening. At least on yesterday there was information that she will attend. So obviously something has happened, maybe she got ill.

Last edited:
Christening of Princess Leonore; June 8, 2014

I thought the same thing, too--with the Order, especially. This might give more validity to the reports that she'll be moving to Sweden sooner than anticipated (ie-Leonore will go to school in Sweden).

I thought the same thing, too--with the Order, especially. This might give more validity to the reports that she'll be moving to Sweden sooner than anticipated (ie-Leonore will go to school in Sweden).

Leonore got the Order of the Seraphim because she is a HRH, a princess of Sweden and a member of the Royal Family. All members of the Royal Family get the Order of the Seraphim, otherwise it is granted only to foreign heads of state or other persons of comparable rank. Since the king gave the Order of the Seraphim to Estelle when she was born and not on her 18th birthday, it was seen that this time he makes the same decision, as he did.

Last edited:

I am not sure Chris O'Neill would adapt to a full-time royal life. I saw images of him on the Swedish National Day celebrations on Friday and he looked rather uncomfortable. Besides, he doesn't speak Swedish and, apparently, is not really making an effort to learn it (the way e.g. CP Mary learned Danish).

Anyway, Princess Leonore will have to go to school in Sweden, or else she will forfeit her succession rights under Swedish law.

Anyway, Princess Leonore will have to go to school in Sweden, or else she will forfeit her succession rights under Swedish law.

Some experts are already thinking that Madeleine, Chris and the royal court have six years time to figure out how to interpret the Order of Succession so that they don't have to move to Sweden.

According to Expressen, Estelle is praised in the social media.
Prinsesan Estelle hyllas i sociala medier Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Prinsessan Estelle klädd i klänning, rosett och armband Kungligheter Expressen

Big gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
It wasn't a big event but very lovely event. The dresses colours all was beautiful. Victoria, silvia and madeleine look all stunning. The hat of tatjana was the same from p. Mary ay monaco wedding

I thought it was a lovely christening. The Swedish sisters both looked great, especially Victoria. Little Estelle was adorable and Leonore too. So glad I was able to watch it as it was my first royal christening.

A lovely ceremony and I loved the music chosen...regal yet not too loud for the baby...a well planned event

Of for goodness sake she didn't get the Order as well did she? Someone ought to take PM aside and explain that Estelle will be the Sovereign one day and therefore has to be treated a bit differently and it's not personal. Honestly, I have never seen so much heaped upon the child of a younger daughter in ANY other Royal Family. Leonore has had everything that Estelle has had which is just ridiculous. PM is starting to look like a spoiled brat IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom