Christening of Princess Leonore: June 8, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The godparents
Crown princess Victoria
Miss Louise Gottlieb
Mr Patrick Sommerlath
Mrs Tatjana d’Abo
Count Ernst Abensperg und Traun
Miss Alice Bamford (childhood friend of mr Christopher O'Neill)
Faddrar - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The godparents
Crown princess Victoria
Miss Louise Gottlieb
Mr Patrick Sommerlath
Mrs Tatjana d’Abo
Count Ernst Abensperg und Traun
Miss Alice Bamford (childhood friend of mr Christopher O'Neill)
Faddrar - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Thank you:flowers:
Could you tell mwho some of them are please?
I guess P.Sommerlath is a relative...
And Count Ernst?

And Count Ernst?

Patrick Sommerlath is Madeleine's cousin, he is the son of queen Silvia's brother Walther.
Count Ernst is the husband of Chris' sister Natascha.

More photos of the rehearsal, Louise Gottlieb, Patrick Sommerlath, Tatjana d'Abo and Ernst von Apensberg und Traun at the photos.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article19018313.ab

Last edited:
And Count Ernst?

Count Ernst is brother-in-law of Chris, husband of his step-sister Natascha.

Last edited:
I am not surprised by the choice of some, but I am still bummed that there are no other royal godparents from other houses. (I am not as disappointed when I realised George wasn't going to have a single HRH among his godparents.)

Can you tell me who Tatjana is? Thanks :)

And I am not surprised at Victoria and Louise being godparents at all. I think she made some good choices.

Can you tell me who Tatjana is? Thanks :)

And I am not surprised at Victoria and Louise being godparents at all. I think she made some good choices.

Tatjana d'Abo is Chris' sister. They have the same mother, Eva O'Neill.

Count Ernst is brother-in-law of Chris, husband of his step-sister Natascha.

Natascha is Chris' half-sister, not step-sister. She and Chris are both children of Eva.

Madeleine and Carl Philip are godparents to Patrick Sommerlath's twins Anais and Chloë. So now Patrick will be Leonore's godfather.

According to Aftonbladet Alice Bamford is the heiress to JCB, the well-known British manufacturer of agricultural and construction equipment. Her father Anthony who runs JCB today is estimated according to Forbes magazine to have a fortune of over 45.5 billion SEK. The Independent tells that Alice Bamford lives on the U.S. West Coast in Malibu where she runs an organic ranch and restaurant.
Här är Leonores faddrar Nyheter Aftonbladet
An article of Alice at the Telegraph
From the horsey set to a tough new crew - Telegraph

The godparents list is almost exactly as I had predicted. Mostly family members, with a couple of Chris' aristocratic in-laws to add gravitas.;)

nice that they released the godparents! victoria is no surprise (although i had expected they would have chosen not to chose immediate family members...), and so is louise gottlieb and one of chris' sisters.

interesting to see that chris' mother stays at the hotel rather than at the palace or madeleine's appartments as a guest of the royal family...

Oh ok. I know that the succession act was amended several times before 1979 as well so I assumed it had previously included women.
Between 1810 and 1979 women were excluded from the Swedish order of succession. I have posted a mail to the Riksdag information site and asked for them to correct the information on the page.
The godparents list is almost exactly as I had predicted. Mostly family members, with a couple of Chris' aristocratic in-laws to add gravitas.;)
I had guessed Victoria, Louise and one of Madeleine's male cousins, either Patrick or one of the Magnusson brothers, as well as one of Chris' sisters and a friend of his, although my guess was a male friend, not a female.

Last edited:
Don't know about Patrick Sommerlath. But Tatjana and her husband definitely are.

Got three out of six godparents right (Victoria, Louise and Tatjana) – that's not too shabby if I have to say so myself. I love that they included a Sommerlath, I had a sneaking suspicion that they would add either a Sommerlath or Bernadotte cousin (or both). I also love that they (presumably) chose three godparents each.

I'm still quite sad that there's no foreign royal godparent *sigh*, but I presume it makes sense that they wouldn't pick any as Madeleine isn't nearly as close to any foreign royals as Victoria is. Would also have loved to see Daniel as godfather.

The woman in black next to Madde seems to be the nanny. She was also on the pics of the couple leaving their house in NY.

According to the swedish press the woman is Madeleine's assistent. All Chris' family stayed at the hotel also during the wedding last year. Maybe that is because Madeleine and Chris doesn't live at the Palaces.

Madeleine and Chris had a party for the guests at m/s Victorina III last night. They stayed at the cruise for many hours. Victorina III is known to arrange exclusive cruises inside the Stockholm archipelago. Among the guests were the king, queen, Victoria, Daniel, Eva O'Neill, Chris' sisters with families, Gustaf Magnuson. At the photos are also princesses Margaretha and Désirée.
Expressen has also a video of the guests leaving the boat.
Madde och Chris på båtfest med familjen Nyheter Expressen
Lugnet före stormen Kungligt Nyheter Aftonbladet

The video at a bigger format
http://www.expressen.se/tv/nyheter/kungligt/madeleines-och-chris-sena-battur/

Madeleine and Chris have managed to make this "small and familiar" christening quite a media circus compared to Estelle's christening. Because the christening was a the Royal Chapel then, the press couldn't get close to it on the rehearsals and Victoria and Daniel organized the dinner in the evening before at the Haga Palace, no press then either.

Last edited:
I am not sure it's fair to accuse Chris and Madde of making their child's christening a media circus. Those two seem very determined to maintain their privacy.

The fact is that they are a rather glamorous semi-Royal couple who are baptizing their child and celebrating their first wedding anniversary on the same date. It's hardly their fault that there is a lot of Press interest in them. They don't court the attention.

I think that Madeleine is more a celebrity than a royal. She is a royal when it suits her. And for instance, if they would have arranged yesterday's party at the Royal Palace, the press couldn't have had any photos of it. But it is their choice, of course. But now it seems to me that they are not at all determined to have their privacy. They are at the town every day for the press to follow them.
Just saying that at Estelle's christening there were heads of state and lots of foreign royals, but it was handled much more discreetly.

It was SVT's mistake that the press heard a part of the christening program yesterday, someone had forgot the loudspeaker on. It was soon noticed and put off.
SVT s ljudtabbe avslöjade planerna Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Here is the link to the LIVE-coverage of the christening, it starts at 11.15 swedish time.
http://www.svtplay.se/video/2065053/prinsessan-leonores-dop

Last edited:
Expressen has already a live coverage, they are discussing about the christening with various guests
Leonores dop | Nyheter | Expressen

They haven't still published the guest list.

Chaplain to The King and Bishop Emeritus Lars-Göran Lönnermark and Pastor of the Royal Court Parish Michael Bjerkhagen arrived already, Lönnermark with crutches.
http://media.shootitlive.com/IIlkCOLwTSPKpYYSQpDvdpRXdbj/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1545
http://media.shootitlive.com/aEjfx4P1hBBy4GgdHQ5i0E9sulw/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1545
Archbishop Anders Wejryd arrived
http://media.shootitlive.com/YTRp6VkuGrKDWPcjLF2Ys7zwedn/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1545

A video of Expressen's Johan T Lindwall presenting the Chapel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT-LMCb4UsA&list=UUfCk_ylzLy6nz2NpW25DY5w

Last edited:
Obviously Carl Philip didn't attend at the cruise, he isn't at the photos. I guess that is because his second race in Gothenburg was delayed and ended about at 16.30. Probably there are some official things one must do after the race so he couldn't just leave the circuit right after his race was done. So he didn't get to Stockholm in time.

Eva o neill reminds me with her suit a little vit to farah diba

she is dressed, as if it would be 15 degrees Celsius.... whereas her daughter has a summer Dress with short sleeves.... looking a bit strange.....
Apart from that all ladies are looking great
BYe Bine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom