The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
At Estelle's christening was Prince Oscar (II)'s crown, not this what was used today.
And of course Estelle also got the Order of the Seraphim.

Is there a picture of the new princess in the cradle?

Did Estelle even take a picture in hers?

Old 06-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Is there a picture of the new princess in the cradle?

Did Estelle even take a picture in hers?
Leonore in the cradle (Karl XV's cradle)
http://media.shootitlive.com/8oI1uQj...expressen/1545

Estelle slept at Karl XI's cradle. It is the oldest cradle of the royal family.
http://hd.se/multimedia/dynamic/0068...17_681745l.jpg

Old 06-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Serene Highness

Sophia could have been waving at someone who waved at her and saying hello. It also looks like she is talking to the gentleman behind her leaving the church.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Thank you for these! Beautiful! It looks as though the cradles are not at the ceremony, but at the palace where the little ones can rest.

It also looks like Karl XV cradle is bigger than Karl XI cradle.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

I thought Estelle was put in the cradle as a future Queen.Madeleine seems to be making sure that in Royal terms nothing is going to get past her baby. For someone who doesn't even live in Sweden she seems to like all the trappings when she is there.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I thought Estelle was put in the cradle as a future Queen.Madeleine seems to be making sure that in Royal terms nothing is going to get past her baby. For someone who doesn't even live in Sweden she seems to like all the trappings when she is there.
Yes, Estelle was put at Karl XIs cradle, because it is the oldest cradle in the royal family. It was used only for princes, but since Estelle is the heir and the future queen, she was put to it.
About Madeleine, I totally agree with you.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Madeline's dress is very short -this picture of here adjusting Leonores cradle shows how short it is.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
It also looks like Karl XV cradle is bigger than Karl XI cradle.
It is not bigger, but it is different. Karl XIs cradle is very old, it was used for the first time at Karl XI's christening in 1655. It has gorgeous details.
http://a4.mndcdn.com/image/upload/t_...nf4z70lora.jpg

Karl XV's cradle, where Leonore slept, is from 1826.

Royal expert Herman Lindqvist told just at Aftonbladet's chat, that princess Birgitta was coming to the christening. At least on yesterday there was information that she will attend. So obviously something has happened, maybe she got ill.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Serene Highness

Christening of Princess Leonore; June 8, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post

I thought the same thing, too--with the Order, especially. This might give more validity to the reports that she'll be moving to Sweden sooner than anticipated (ie-Leonore will go to school in Sweden).
Old 06-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Majesty

A nice BT gallery from the christening: Se billederne: Sådan blev prinsesse Leonore døbt | www.bt.dk
Old 06-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
I thought the same thing, too--with the Order, especially. This might give more validity to the reports that she'll be moving to Sweden sooner than anticipated (ie-Leonore will go to school in Sweden).
Leonore got the Order of the Seraphim because she is a HRH, a princess of Sweden and a member of the Royal Family. All members of the Royal Family get the Order of the Seraphim, otherwise it is granted only to foreign heads of state or other persons of comparable rank. Since the king gave the Order of the Seraphim to Estelle when she was born and not on her 18th birthday, it was seen that this time he makes the same decision, as he did.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I am not sure Chris O'Neill would adapt to a full-time royal life. I saw images of him on the Swedish National Day celebrations on Friday and he looked rather uncomfortable. Besides, he doesn't speak Swedish and, apparently, is not really making an effort to learn it (the way e.g. CP Mary learned Danish).

Anyway, Princess Leonore will have to go to school in Sweden, or else she will forfeit her succession rights under Swedish law.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Anyway, Princess Leonore will have to go to school in Sweden, or else she will forfeit her succession rights under Swedish law.
Some experts are already thinking that Madeleine, Chris and the royal court have six years time to figure out how to interpret the Order of Succession so that they don't have to move to Sweden.

According to Expressen, Estelle is praised in the social media.
Prinsesan Estelle hyllas i sociala medier Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Prinsessan Estelle klädd i klänning, rosett och armband Kungligheter Expressen

Big gallery
IBL Bildbyrå
Old 06-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

It wasn't a big event but very lovely event. The dresses colours all was beautiful. Victoria, silvia and madeleine look all stunning. The hat of tatjana was the same from p. Mary ay monaco wedding
Old 06-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Commoner

I thought it was a lovely christening. The Swedish sisters both looked great, especially Victoria. Little Estelle was adorable and Leonore too. So glad I was able to watch it as it was my first royal christening.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Courtier

A lovely ceremony and I loved the music chosen...regal yet not too loud for the baby...a well planned event
Old 06-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Christening of Swedish Princess Leonore - Monarchy Press Europe

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/...roduct=Royalty
Old 06-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Estelle today
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHandl...ormat=bauta100

Crown princess Victoria on her father's birthday, 30th April 1980.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 06-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Nobility

oh boy...

Queen Mathilde
Old 06-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Of for goodness sake she didn't get the Order as well did she? Someone ought to take PM aside and explain that Estelle will be the Sovereign one day and therefore has to be treated a bit differently and it's not personal. Honestly, I have never seen so much heaped upon the child of a younger daughter in ANY other Royal Family. Leonore has had everything that Estelle has had which is just ridiculous. PM is starting to look like a spoiled brat IMO.