The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Estelle only had 5 godparents didn't she?
She has 3

Old 04-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Commoner

No, Estelle does have five! Crown Princess Mary, Crown Prince Haakon, Prince Carl Philip, King Willem Alexander and Anna Westling Söderström.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
She has 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMarisa View Post
No, Estelle does have five! Crown Princess Mary, Crown Prince Haakon, Prince Carl Philip, King Willem Alexander and Anna Westling Söderström.
Yes, LadyMarisa is right. Here is Estelle with her parents and godparents.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

It is interesting that the archbishop conducts the christening, since he didn't conduct the wedding.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:03 AM
Serene Highness

Christening of Princess Leonore; June 8th, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes, LadyMarisa is right. Here is Estelle with her parents and godparents.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

It is interesting that the archbishop conducts the christening, since he didn't conduct the wedding.
I just love how Daniel is looming at Estelle in this. So much pride and love...That was such a lovely day full of happiness. Can't wait for more of the same w/little Leonore's in a month and a bit.

Oh and someone was wondering if the little one will be receiving the Order of the Seraphim like Estelle did at her Christening. I'm going on both a guess and instinct here, but I'm going say she doesn't. Just simply because while she is a HRH Princess of Sweden, she isn't the Heir to the Heir or a Future Queen, like her cousin Estelle.

Like I said, it's a guess on my part and I could very well be proven wrong here. We'll have to wait till June to find out. :)

One thing I've been wondering...Will the same Christening Gown Estelle wore be used by her baby cousin or will this sweet one be getting her own? I know the tradition of a Family Gown being used is followed by both British and Danish RFs, so just wondering if the Swedish Royals do the same or not. :)
Old 04-26-2014, 01:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
One thing I've been wondering...Will the same Christening Gown Estelle wore be used by her baby cousin or will this sweet one be getting her own? I know the tradition of a Family Gown being used is followed by both British and Danish RFs, so just wondering if the Swedish Royals do the same or not. :)
The court told yesterday at the press release about the christening, that Leonore will wear the same Bernadotte christening gown which Estelle wore, and which was for the first time used when prince Gustaf Adolf was christened in 1906. The king, his sisters, Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine have also worn that gown in their christenings.

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen again how Madeleine runs over everyone and she and Chris have done all the decisions concerning the christening although normally the court and the rest of the royal family are involved in planning. A quite unexpected news came on Friday afternoon: Six godparents!
When Princess Estelle, Sweden's future queen, was baptized in May 2012, she had five godparents. As Princess Leonore stands further down the line of succession, she should, according to royal rules, to have the same number of godparents or in practice less.
But Princess Madeleine decide to have one godparent more than what Princess Estelle had at her christening in the Royal Chapel in Stockholm. Something that actually violates the royal rules.
- We have at the current situation no name for godparents and do not know when we can communicate out there, says Margareta Thorngren, the director of the press department.
- Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill have decided this themselves.
The rest of the article reminds that Madeleine chose the Royal Chapel in Drottningholm instead of the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace and broke the old rules also then, and speculates who are invited to the christening and who could be the godparents.
Madde kör över alla inför Leonores dop Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 04-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Leonore of Sweden: details released about Princess Madeleine daughter's christening - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

The court has now put the press release about the christening also in english to their website.
Information about Princess Leonore's christening - Sveriges Kungahus

Svensk Damtidning speculates about the godparents: Victoria, Chris's sister Tatjana or Natascha, Louise Gottlieb and Cedric Notz could well be the godparents. Svensk Damtidning also writes that Madeleine probably wants some royal godparents. They name Haakon (because he comes to Sweden to an event on Monday), Frederik and Joachim.
Prinsessan Leonores hemliga faddrar Svensk Damtidning
Old 05-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The court has now put the press release about the christening also in english to their website.
Information about Princess Leonore's christening - Sveriges Kungahus
Thank you for the link.

But they didn't announce godparents' names.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Thank you for the link.

But they didn't announce godparents' names.
No, of course not. Estelle's godparents were told when the christening started and it is very likely that they do the same this time too.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Nobility

in spanish press wrote letizia refuses to be godmother
Old 05-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anele14 View Post
But isn't this how the spanish press work? They seem to love negative stories about P.Letizia and if she turns out not to be a godparent (which imo is likely because i can think of several people who'd be higher on the list) then the general public will think that there was some truth in it...
Old 05-02-2014, 02:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:

IMO, it is highly unlikely that they pick Letizia as a godmother.
Letitzia was not at their wedding, so does not seem to present herself as a friend of M&C.
I would bet on Martha-Louise as a royal godparent. She is in a similar situation as I think Madeleine will be in (stepping away from royal duties and titles) so she could coach Leonore to cope with it ;-)
Old 05-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
IMO, it is highly unlikely that they pick Letizia as a godmother.
Letitzia was not at their wedding, so does not seem to present herself as a friend of M&C.
I would bet on Martha-Louise as a royal godparent. She is in a similar situation as I think Madeleine will be in (stepping away from royal duties and titles) so she could coach Leonore to cope with it ;-)
thank you so much
Old 05-03-2014, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gossip magazine Se & Hör continues to write that Madeleine demands to decide herself everything regarding the christening. Annika Sönnerberg said to Se & Hör that Madeleine and Chris are very much involved with the planning.
Se & Hör has Madeleine's list for wishes for the christening:
Madeleine shall wear jewelry of Princess Lilian
She decides the hymns
The flowers that will decorate the church are Madeleine's own favorites
The guest list of 160 people is decided by her
After the baptism there will be held a private event
The court should arrange practical things for a subsequent christening party in the evening for the closest.
Stoppa pressarna quotes the article of Se & Hör
Här är prinsessan Madeleines kravlista inför dopet Stoppa Pressarna
Cover of Se & Hör
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/SOH.jpg

This is pure gossip of course.
To wear Lilian's jewelry shouldn't be a problem since princess Lilian left a heart of aquamarine and ring with aquamarine to Madeleine in her will.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Nobility

thank yoy for all
Old 05-04-2014, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Don't believe a word of it! Letizia is not in Madeleine's age group and I doubt the two even know one another well. Letizia is a Catholic future queen of Spain. It is unlikely that she would be considered an appropriate choice of godparent for minor Protestant royalty.

I think Madeleine and Chris will ask members of their immediate families to be godparents.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish MTV writes that queen Silvia told to Expressen that "Madeleine made a wish that the christening should be in Drottningholm. It will be small and familiar. We should respect that". Queen Silvia told again that it is great to be a grandmother for the second time, she misses Madeleine but Madeleine keeps her well updated what is happening. Leonore is growing up well and also Madeleine is feeling well.
Kuningatar Silvia: Leonore kasvaa kovaa vauhtia - Viihde - MTV.fi
Old 05-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if Princess Estelle will attend the christening of Princess Leonore.

As she has attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Chris I guess she will. But we will see.

What do you think?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Courtier

I think she will!
Old 05-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, I think Estelle will make an appearance at the christening. Judging by the recent photos of her and Leonore together, she seems to enjoy being with her little cousin. I would be surprised if she didn't attend.

I find it interesting that Madeleine wants Leonore to be christened in Drottningholm and not the cathedral in Stockholm, which was where Estelle was christened, IIRC. (Please correct me if I'm incorrect.) I hope the event won't be too private as I'd love to see some photos.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!