The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Nobility

Mr Cedric Notz and Fru Andrea Engsäll --> Andrea is a friend of CP Victoria and she has a daughter - Victoria is a godmother of this girl who's name is Diana? - it's true? So Andrea is divorced and Cedric is her new "friend"?

Old 06-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post
Mr Cedric Notz and Fru Andrea Engsäll --> Andrea is a friend of CP Victoria and she has a daughter - Victoria is a godmother of this girl who's name is Diana? - it's true? So Andrea is divorced and Cedric is her new "friend"?
Victoria and Daniel attended at Andrea and Niclas Engsäll's wedding on 2003. Victoria is the godmother of their daughter Diana. Andrea and Niclas divorced some years ago.
Cedric Notz is one of Chris O'Neill's oldest friends. He was the bestman at Madeleine's and Chris' wedding. Andrea was a guest at the wedding. Right after the wedding Svensk Damtidning told that Andrea and Cedric had a great time together at the wedding. They have dated since the wedding, a year now. Andrea flies to Switzerland to see Cedric and Cedric visits Andrea in Stockholm. They have been seen in many public events together during the last months,just last week at the Bernadotte Art Awards. They attended together also at the wedding of Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Commoner

I'm just curious if this is the same christening gown used by the current king's children at their baptism and by Estelle and Leonore...why is Madeleine's christening the only picture with her wearing the christening gown with sleeves? I don't see any of the others pics with this own with sleeves just hers from 1982.

And why would Seraphim be given at Estelle and Leonore's baptism but not at Victoria's, not sure of Carl Philip or Madeleine's baptisms?
Old 06-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveSwede View Post
And why would Seraphim be given at Estelle and Leonore's baptism but not at Victoria's, not sure of Carl Philip or Madeleine's baptisms?

After a reform of the swedish orders in 1975 the Order of the Seraphim could only be handed out to foreign head of states and not to any swedes what so ever. Later the governement realised that this would eventually lead to that the monarchs following King CIIG would hand out an order they couldn't wear themselves so it was changed in 1995. After that the Seraphim is also given to the members of the royal family.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen about the heavy photoshopping at the official photos, no wrinkles for Chris at the photos
"Check Chris' magical transformation at the photos"

Kolla Chris magiska förvandling på bild Nyheter Expressen
Translation

The nanny and Leonore on Sunday
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHandl...=bauta100-16x9
Old 06-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
For a minute I thought "who is this woman that Chris is hugging so dearly?" But it is one of his cousins. Sweet to see that Chris is so close to his family.
He obviously adores his sisters and cousins and their children and it's so sweet to see him interact with them!
Old 06-15-2014, 04:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveSwede View Post
I'm just curious if this is the same christening gown used by the current king's children at their baptism and by Estelle and Leonore...why is Madeleine's christening the only picture with her wearing the christening gown with sleeves? I don't see any of the others pics with this own with sleeves just hers from 1982.
Carl Philip also had long sleeves at his christening, http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WhgZDl8aas...536318_417.jpg It looks as if it's some kind of blouse worn under the gown if the weather is cold.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Indeed she is, but Chris isn't, and they have both made it clear that they don't think of themselves as a Royal couple...in so many ways
Do you consider the Dutch princess Margriet and her husband as semi-royals too? Her husband is a commoner but their sons are princes.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Do you consider the Dutch princess Margriet and her husband as semi-royals too? Her husband is a commoner but their sons are princes.
I know next to nothing about Margriet or her husband unfortunately. Couldn't pick either of them out of a line-up.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:23 AM
Serene Highness

Dutch P.Margriet and her husband and children have always been performing many royal duties for the dutch RF, especially when Q.Beatrix' husband P.Claus' health deteriorated and he eventually died.
Margriet and Pieter have been very faithful, loyal and dedicated to the RF and i don't think anyone in NL ever questioned their effort.
(bit different from P.Madeleine i think...)

Pieter is a member of the royal family, but is not a royal (or noble) himself, so mathematically speaking if one part of the couple is royal and the other isn't, that the couple together are half (or semi) royal...

But for some reason 'semi-royal' sounds a bit derogatory...
Old 06-15-2014, 09:12 AM
Courtier

It´s news when they photoshop a man
Imo whoever took the photos sucks in it, just let it natural and don´t play so much with the colours. I also disliked the christening photos of Estelle.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen about the heavy photoshopping at the official photos, no wrinkles for Chris at the photos
"Check Chris' magical transformation at the photos"

Kolla Chris magiska förvandling på bild Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Nice photoshopping. They could have dyed his white hair black, that way it would have been better.��
I wonder whose request was it!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Its a light issue too but madde is expert to photoshopping when releasing pictures so why Not Chris. Its ridiculous but Common for royals.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Gentry

Why would it be M&C requesting the photoshopping? Chris seems to be a 'just take me as I am' kind of guy.

I think the photographer did a terrible job with the light, so had to do something in order to make the pictures look representable.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Why would it be M&C requesting the photoshopping? Chris seems to be a 'just take me as I am' kind of guy.

I think the photographer did a terrible job with the light, so had to do something in order to make the pictures look representable.

Yeah, looking at the example picture they had, it just looked like different lighting.

Yeah, professional photos are retouched to make the subjects look as good as possible. In other news, you can't breathe on your own out in space...
Old 06-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Christening of Princess Leonore; June 8, 2014

Quote:

Don't Madeleine and Chris have a say about their daughter's official christening photos? Even if they didn't ask for it, they or at least one of them should have approved of the photoshopping. I completely agree with you about Chris and the terrible photography.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Commoner

I have a question what's with the blue candle held throughout the ceremony and placed on a pillar next to Leonore's christening cradle? I haven't seen it in prior christenings.