The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2015, 08:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Christening of Prince Nicolas: October 11, 2015

HRH Prince Nicolas will be christened in the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace on Sunday October 11, 2015.
HRH Prince Nicolas will be christened in the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 08-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

It was about time! I was expecting a September date, but now I am glad the day was at least revelead.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

So we have and something else to waiting for.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Gentry

yeyyyyy can't wait
Old 08-25-2015, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the info LadyFinn. It's nice that we know a confirmed date... I'm looking forward to it!
I will consider Nicolas's christening as a late birthday present for me since my birthday is on October 1.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great date because the 11th and 12th of October will be two days of Royal children watch. 11th we will see Nicolas, Leonore and Estelle. On the 12th it's Spain National Day and we'll see Leonor and Sofia.
Two days of joy!!!
Old 08-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I imagine his christening will be televised like his sister's?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I imagine his christening will be televised like his sister's?
Absolutely I would say...
Old 08-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Nobility

The christening is in October? I imagine this will be televised like Leonore and Estelle. Nicolas is the first prince of the blood born in Sweden in 36 years. Nicolas will probably get his Seraphim order on his christening day like his sister and cousin did on theirs.

Now the tabloids will speculate on the guest list and who will be the godparents for the next few weeks. Although he is a blood prince himself, I don't think Carl Philip will be one because he's Estelle's godfather.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Commoner

The Baptism is on October 11th in the Chapel of the Castle Drottningholm.

I think that Carl Philip will be one of Nicolas Godparents, because Victoria is Leonore´s Godmother
Old 09-13-2015, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Expressen, the christening is at 12.00. 60 soldiers from the Life Guard will parade at the king's private road, at the same time when the guests arrive. Carl Philip is expected to be a godfather.
Carl Philip väntas bli gudfar till prins Nicolas _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 09-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Nobility

@Lady Finn - I don't recall Lenore's christening being this grand, having a parade before the christening. I haven't found any articles that said that. I also looked up Swedish royal baptisms on Wikipedia and it discussed about the parade cradle to present the new baby royal to everyone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Royal_baptisms

Estelle was presented in the Charles IX cradle because she's the heir to the throne. Leonore was presented in the one meant for princesses. Will Nicolas be in Charles IX, or the "princess" one? While it's been 36 years a prince of the blood was born in Sweden, Nicolas is still 7th in line to the throne. I don't the appearance that the princesses are "less than".
Old 09-14-2015, 01:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Lady Finn - I don't recall Lenore's christening being this grand, having a parade before the christening. I haven't found any articles that said that. I also looked up Swedish royal baptisms on Wikipedia and it discussed about the parade cradle to present the new baby royal to everyone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Royal_baptisms

Estelle was presented in the Charles IX cradle because she's the heir to the throne. Leonore was presented in the one meant for princesses. Will Nicolas be in Charles IX, or the "princess" one? While it's been 36 years a prince of the blood was born in Sweden, Nicolas is still 7th in line to the throne. I don't the appearance that the princesses are "less than".
The Guards at Leonore's christening, the guards were parading, I think it will be similar now:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

As for the cradle, we have to wait for the christening to see what cradle Nicolas gets.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

The christening will be conducted by Archbishop Antje Jackelén, The Right Reverend Lars-Göran Lönnermark, Bishop Emeritus and Chief Court Chaplain, and The Reverend Michael Bjerkhagen, Court Chaplain and Rector of the Royal Court Parish.
After the christening ceremony there will be a reception for all 160 guests, after which The King and Queen will invite around 100 guests to a private lunch. The invited guests are the immediate family and representatives of the Riksdag, the Government and official Sweden. Prince Nicolas will be christened in the same dress worn by Princess Estelle and princess Leonore and the water used at the christening will come from a spring on Öland.
Officianter vid H.K.H. Prins Nicolas dop - Sveriges Kungahus
Officiating clergy at the christening*of HRH Prince Nicolas - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 09-17-2015, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you LadyFinn!
The palace hasn't officially released the time yet, I think it is still too soon...
I have a silly question: "Antje" is a female name, is it? Sorry, but being catholic I m not familiar with women archbishops...
Old 09-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Thank you LadyFinn!
The palace hasn't officially released the time yet, I think it is still too soon...
I have a silly question: "Antje" is a female name, is it? Sorry, but being catholic I m not familiar with women archbishops...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antje_Jackel%C3%A9n
Old 09-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Our archbishop was born in Germany. Her maiden name was Antje Zöllner. She has been archbichop for just around a year now. Her predecessor was Anders Weijryd, who married Victoria and Daniel (and many other things).
Old 09-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to Expressen, the christening is at 12.00. 60 soldiers from the Life Guard will parade at the king's private road, at the same time when the guests arrive. Carl Philip is expected to be a godfather.
Carl Philip väntas bli gudfar till prins Nicolas _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
I wonder if it is really 12 o'clock. The christening is followed by a reception for invited guests, which is followed by a private lunch. Assuming the lunch will start around 13.00. It seems to little time. Of course they can start lunch any time they want.

How long did the christening of Princess Leonore take?
Old 09-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
I wonder if it is really 12 o'clock. The christening is followed by a reception for invited guests, which is followed by a private lunch. Assuming the lunch will start around 13.00. It seems to little time. Of course they can start lunch any time they want.

How long did the christening of Princess Leonore take?
Leonore's christening started at 12.00, then there was a reception and lunch, so it seems very likely that this christening starts also at 12.00. The lunch could start for instance at 14.30 or 15.00.
Information about Princess Leonore's christening - Sveriges Kungahus

Leonore's christening took about 40 minutes.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Thanks! It would indeed seem likely to have the christening start at 12.00 if that's the case.