Christening of Prince Nicolas: October 11, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: She was having an animated discussion before the Service started, but I couldn't help sniggering as she held her Order of Service in front of her face and turned sideways to avoid, I assume, lip readers employed by the media. This was obviously not her first time out round the block and she obviously has a practical response.

Most Swedes doesn't bow to the altar these days the main reason being that they don't know they're supposed to. I do but I'm more often than not the only one doing so. We're not a churchgoing people and in general most of us only take part in a church service for christenings, weddings and funerals with the odd service at Christmas now and then.
To be honest, I think this only becomes an issue for royalty. Tthe members of the SRF are at services of all denominations and in many different countries, so I think it only natural that they would bow.

For this Baptism the "Royal Wedding" rules apply. You walk up the aisle, bow to the altar and turn 20 degree's east and bow to the (home) royals, and turn back 40 degrees, and bow to any foreign royals (if any). Both the Crown Princess Couple and the King and Queen bowed to the altar, Carl Philip though, got a bit confused and bowed to the left as well even though there were no royals there.

If you are going to bow to King's and Queen's in a church, it seems only right and proper that you bow to whose church it is.

Edit: The minister and bishop bowed to the altar. The archbishop did not, so go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely service, I always go for a boy choir, this was particularly sweet. You have to feel for the parents of crying babes and restless toddlers, so wonderful that we can view it.
Chris' sister, one of the godparents seems particularly elegant and special, he must be very close to her. His mother seemed just charmed watching her grandchildren and son

Chris spent yesterday evening with his family at restaurant Sturehof. Madeleine was at home with the children. Expressen tells that shortly after 20.00 Chris took a taxi from their apartment to the restaurant. There were Eva O'Neill, Chris's sisters Natascha and Tatjana and Tatjana's husband Henry d'Abo. Also Eva's longtime partner Wolfgang Seybold was there. At 23.00 they left the restaurant.
Chris O'Neill gick på krogen efter prins Nicolas dop – utan prinsessan Madeleine _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Wolfgang Seybold arriving to the christening.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The government on it's website about their and the parliament's gift, children's books.
Barnböcker dopgåva från Sveriges riksdag och regering - Regeringen.se
Translation

List of the books
http://www.regeringen.se/contentassets/2bf903d1e3b34f8d962c2ecc7cfa941a/litteraturlista.pdf

About the clothes
Spana in det kungliga modet från prinsdopet - The You Way

Last edited:
It was a lovely ceremony, no doubt. And I like that the children made a little bit of a fuss... they're children and it was fun to see them being children!

It was a lovely ceremony, no doubt. And I like that the children made a little bit of a fuss... they're children and it was fun to see them being children!
I agree! It was very refreshing! :) Felt for Madde and Chris a bit though... They had those two kids and then "let's add a candle" :p hhaah, but they handled it all like pro's :)

I thought the christening was a nice ceremony, the atmosphere seemed down to earth and normal. I enjoyed the music from the choir, and thought it was nice how they sung in Swedish and in English.

Leonore seems to be a little handful! She's very sweet though. Nicolas is a beautiful baby, but he didn't seem to be that impressed by his christening - he seemed very upset for most of the service. Estelle is a little angel and she also seemed so grown up.

This is my favourite photo of Nicolas from the christening, I think he has Madeleine's eyes here too:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/nicolas-2.jpg

I didn't realize that aside from receiving the Order of the Seraphim Nicolas has been a member of the order of Charles XIII from birth. This order is only for men and they can only wear it if they are at a certain level of freemasonry(neither the king nor Carl Philip can wear it).

Prince Nicolas' coat of arms:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pri...Ih_SjryBM:&usg=__s_Zc2P0afIEBtFXQy0Dd9dloumw=

Surprised to not see the three crowns in the CoA, like the rest of the family that has them. I wonder why the difference?

If you read the page and discussion where that image comes from (The International Association of Amateur Heralds), that coat of arms is actually the arms of Kingston upon Thames, not Nicolas.

Further down that page it says the Royal Court responded to an email saying that Nicolas's coat of arms are still being designed:

H.R.H. Prince Nicolas, Duke of Ångermanland, has indeed [figuratively speaking] received a heraldic coat-of-arms in connection with the decision announced on 17th June 2015 regarding his name and title as duke of Ångermanland. His coat-of-arms is now being designed. In connection with the christening ceremonies there is neither a custom nor a tradition to mention the coat-of-arms.
His coat-of-arms are being prepared (= designed) presently at the State Archive and its Heraldic section. Our painter of the Royal Orders of Knighthood has also already began working on the Seraphim shield of His Royal Highness. A picture of the new coat-of-arms will hopefully be presented within a few weeks after H.M. The King has approved it.
Sincerely yours

Tom Bergroth
Senior Curator
Chapter of the Royal Orders of Knighthood
The Royal Palace
SE-111 30 Stockholm
Sweden

Eventually Leonore disappeared from the service. Where did she go....with a nanny?

Must have been a nanny. :flowers: To the parents relief. ;)

Johan T Lindwall from Expressen texted to Expressen's live-broadcast from the chapel, that Elisabeth Zimmermann (the former nanny of V, CP and M, who has been Estelle's first nanny and helps now with Leonore), came and took Leonore away from the altar when she was restless.
Elisabeth Zimmermann and the other nanny whom Madeleine uses, Åse Blomqvist (who has also been the nanny of V, CP and M), sat at the back row behind the royal family. They are the two ladies in blue at this photo: Elisabeth Zimmermann the first from right, and Åse Blomqvist the second from right).

Why was Emma Magnuson, Oscar's wife not at the christening?

Emma Magnuson is pregnant and the due date is very close now, at least the swedish press hasn't told that she has given birth already. Emma at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia in June:
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010080011U14447154521121472

Last edited:
Lady Finn who was the Lady with the blue outfit and the black hat who often showed television coverage;

Johan T Lindwall from Expressen texted to Expressen's live-broadcast from the chapel, that Elisabeth Zimmermann (the former nanny of V, CP and M, who has been Estelle's first nanny and helps now with Leonore), came and took Leonore away from the altar when she was restless.
Elisabeth Zimmermann and the other nanny whom Madeleine uses, Åse Blomqvist (who has also been the nanny of V, CP and M), sat at the back row behind the royal family. They are the two ladies in blue at this photo: Elisabeth Zimmermann the first from right, and Åse Blomqvist the second from right).

Emma Magnuson is pregnant and the due date is very close now, at least the swedish press hasn't told that she has given birth already. Emma at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia in June:

Thanks
I just had Madeleine in mind who was present at her brother's wedding only 48 hours before giving birth.

One of the Magnusson brothers was very quick thinking taking his own child's dummy and passing it forward to Madeleine and Chris. It was gratefully received!

The baptismal water was brought from Öländ. This is a tradition that King and Queen began and the Crown Princess, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Madeleine, Princess Estelle and Princess Leonore all have been baptized in the spring water from Öland.
According to the commentator at the christening broadcast, Victoria brought the water from Öland to the christening.

Waiting for the official photos, Leonore's were published on the christening day, so now it takes more time. I hope they publish them.

I agree! It was very refreshing! :) Felt for Madde and Chris a bit though... They had those two kids and then "let's add a candle" :p hhaah, but they handled it all like pro's :)

Yep, i felt a bit for them too! At one point I was amost bursting into laugh: Madeleine was giving a "please" look at Leo, who couldnt care less about her mother's pleading eyes!:lol:

Here is a better link to Leonore's coat of arms: http://royalwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Princess-Leonore-Coat-Of-Arms.jpg

Nicolas coat of arms will be similar to Carl Philip's in form: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe..._arms_of_Prince_Karl_Philip_of_Sweden.svg.png The only difference is that in the lower left corner will be the coat of arms of Ångermanland: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...nd_vapen.svg/251px-Ångermanland_vapen.svg.png

Princess Lilian's coat of arms were the female form of her husband's coat of arms: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...e.svg/640px-Princesse_Lilian_de_Suède.svg.png , with a symbol for Wales in the middle.
Prince Bertil's coat of arms: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...uède.svg/744px-Prince_Bertil_de_Suède.svg.png , with the Bernadotte coat of arms in the middle.

Females have a oval coat of arms, males have a squarish coat of arms. Here you can see the different coat of arms for the royal family of Sweden: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom