Christening of Prince Nicolas: October 11, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Truth be told I don't think English-speaking countries cares either, it only people on the royal forums that seems to cares.

This is so bad. Emma should come to the baptism and shut this mess down for good. Now the press is talking about Sofia vs. Madeleine vs. Emma - two days before the christening. If there is even a germ of truth to this, this makes CP and Sofia look bad. Putting out statements that the royal couple and the princess couple decided the guest list (i.e. keep Emma out) is tough to believe when Emma was at the "godmothers' dinner" the night before. The "illness" statement from Emma looks thin. @carlota - the press is laying this on Sofia's doorstep; and @Mbruno - any good will Sofia may have built up with her royal appearances may be undone by the perception of her being jealous, insecure and immature. Carl Philip looks like a jerk to ruin his nephew's/godson's day.

I understand Emma is good friends with Madeleine and the royal family, but there's really no need to drag her into this and make it seem like Sofia is keeping her away. If she's invited, then she'll attend, if she's not, she won't be there. I just think folks need to let it go now.
Read the prior posts and you may understand what the issue supposedly is.

Even if it is true it would be awkward for everyone. Imagine the opposite. In a future baptism of Carl-Phil child was invited or godfather the former fiancé of Madeleine.
Awkward.
Emma and Carl Philip split under friendly circumstances (they even share the dog they had for some time) as compared to Madeleine's split that was based on some less than proper behaviour. Doubtful that Emma would be such a close friend of Madeleine if she had cheated on Carl Philip. So the two circumstances are not comparable.

What's ridiculous is that story from the family counselor. It's total B.S.

What trauma could Emma cause within the family? If she committed some crime against them it's one thing. What has she done? Or is it that Carl Philip doesn't want to face an ex he reportedly wronged? Or Sofia doesn't want to be compared to a long term former love that has no scandal in her past?

These stories that are meant to staunch the bleeding end up opening the vein more.

What's ridiculous is that story from the family counselor. It's total B.S.

What trauma could Emma cause within the family? If she committed some crime against them it's one thing. What has she done? Or is it that Carl Philip doesn't want to face an ex he reportedly wronged? Or Sofia doesn't want to be compared to a long term former love that has no scandal in her past?

These stories that are meant to staunch the bleeding end up opening the vein more.

what do you know exactly the relations of each other? nothing, you are not in their lives. Think you know everything about a press that says one thing one day and the next day another.

For sofia, you do not like, everything is pretext to criticize.
yes she posed naked and then it does not make her a woman inferior to others. You want to talk about the past of the king, to fool the queen, and sex scandals. Royal are like any other, except that their position can often hide things.

Last edited:
Lindwall writes that there will be six godparents and Madeleine and Chris meet them today, obviously there is a rehearsal of the christening.
Now Lindwall's "list" from where Madeleine and Chris have chosen the godparents are according to him Carl Philip (already confirmed), Madeleine's friends Natalie Werner and Katarina von Horn, Chris's sisters Natascha Abensperg und Traun, Annalisa O'Neill, Stefanie O'Neill and Karen O'Neill, Madeleine's cousin Gustaf Magnuson and Chris's bestman and friend Cedric Notz.
At Leonore's godparents the surprise was Alice Bamford.
Sex gudföräldrar närvarar vid prins Nicolas dop _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Six godparents is a lot of people!!!
Your brother, your sisters in law, your best man, your cousin, one or two best friends
Seems already overcrowded.
You have to draw the line.

Anyway it seems a big story made from nothing and it is very boring zzzzz

Uhm, I think that 6 godparents are fine to me... And it hasn't been officially confirmed so I wouldn't make a big deal.

Even if it is true it would be awkward for everyone. Imagine the opposite. In a future baptism of Carl-Phil child was invited or godfather the former fiancé of Madeleine.
Awkward.

I personally don't think it is awkward at all. Look at all the people that have children receiving their confirmation in church and the prior husband and all his family is there along with present husband and family. Silly to be awkward, that would be immature. Proper adults just gets on with it. The event is not about them it is about the main person or people involved in the ceremony. Only a selfish or self-centered person would even think to put their feeling or wants before that of the purpose of the event.

It would be like saying that it would be awkward to attend any event knowing that there would also be someone there you have already been to bed with. Heavens, in this day-and -age, no on would be leaving the house!

I understand Emma is good friends with Madeleine and the royal family, but there's really no need to drag her into this and make it seem like Sofia is keeping her away. If she's invited, then she'll attend, if she's not, she won't be there. I just think folks need to let it go now.

I personally believe that this is just another media "crap stirring" made up story. It is absolutely no one's business why or for what reason Emma is not attending. It is her life and not answerable to anyone. The mutations in the media just like to make up "stories" to sell papers and people fall for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The chose of the godparents shows that Chris's relationship with his sisters from his father's side isn't very close. I expected that one of them would have been chosen as a godparent now.
Photos from the godparents arriving to the rehearsal, Katarina von Horn has Nicolas on her arms. There was also Ewa Westling with Estelle.
De blir faddrar till prins Nicolas _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

I personally believe that this is just another media "crap stirring" made up story. It is absolutely no one's business why or for what reason Emma is not attending. It is her life and not answerable to anyone. The mutations in the media just like to make up "stories" to sell papers and people fall for them.

Emma was at Madeleine's hen party in Switzerland. Emma was at Madeleine's wedding, like all of those who were at the hen party. All of those who were at the hen party, except Emma, were at Leonore's christening. Emma has been seen every summer with Madeleine and her friends spending time together and this week when Madeleine arrived to Stockholm, Emma was with her when she spent an evening with her closest friends. So Emma would just miss two christenings of the children of one of her closest friends, just because she wasn't interested to attend? No way. The reason is very clear.

Last edited:
Natalie Werner was on the lunch with Madeleine and her friends but she is not a godmother

Is Madeleine not a grown woman who makes her own decisions? Why would what Sofia or her husband want be taken into consideration that is ridiculous. The press like stirring up drama where there is none. The problem is people buy the nonsense and believe it and blame Sofia. If Emma is there and a God parent fine if not I'm sure the decision will have been made for a good reason.

Natalie Werner was on the lunch with Madeleine and her friends but she is not a godmother

They weren't on a lunch, they were at a dinner. There were also Emma Pernald and Charlotte Kreuger Cederlund. From Madeleine's good friends Lovisa de Geer, Louise Cronstedt and Sofi Fahrman weren't at the dinner. Sofi lives partly abroad. Not all Madeleine's girlfriends can be godparent to Nicolas.

They weren't on a lunch, they were at a dinner. There were also Emma Pernald and Charlotte Kreuger Cederlund. From Madeleine's good friends Lovisa de Geer, Louise Cronstedt and Sofi Fahrman weren't at the dinner. Sofi lives partly abroad. Not all Madeleine's girlfriends can be godparent to Nicolas.

That is exactly what I wanted to say.
You have to choose between several possible candidates:)
Not every one can win the prize.

The chose of the godparents shows that Chris's relationship with his sisters from his father's side isn't very close. I expected that one of them would have been chosen as a godparent now.
Photos from the godparents arriving to the rehearsal
De blir faddrar till prins Nicolas _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Emma was at Madeleine's hen party in Switzerland. Emma was at Madeleine's wedding, like all of those who were at the hen party. All of those who were at the hen party, except Emma, were at Leonore's christening. Emma has been seen every summer with Madeleine and her friends spending time together and this week when Madeleine arrived to Stockholm, Emma was with her when she spent an evening with her closest friends. So Emma would just miss two christenings of the children of one of her closest friends, just because she wasn't interested to attend? No way. The reason is very clear.

Yes so clear. And you give so much 'power' has this person.

for the baptism of leonor where it is not yet part of the family, but she already decided you think. And if it was a mutual agreement, not, it is better to follow the stories of the press. or your own scenario

Is Madeleine not a grown woman who makes her own decisions? Why would what Sofia or her husband want be taken into consideration that is ridiculous. The press like stirring up drama where there is none. The problem is people buy the nonsense and believe it and blame Sofia. If Emma is there and a God parent fine if not I'm sure the decision will have been made for a good reason.

I'm afraid it is not entirely her decision to make. If the Royal House tells her that person X or Y cannot attend, then person X or Y will not be invited. As the King is the head of the Royal House and the King always bows to CP's wishes, it is pretty clear to me why Emma won't be there.

Last edited:
Maybe Emma was not happy with the fact that the press made her already one of the biggest favorites before the parents could decide.
Puts you in an akward position.

I'm afraid it is not entirely her decision to make. If the Royal House tells her that person X or Y cannot attend, then person X or Y will not be invited. As the King is the head of the Royal House and the King always bows to CP's wishes, it is pretty clear to me why Emma won't be there.

Yes, it is always the King who has the last word.

Expressen tells that Ewa Westling arrived to Drottningholm about an hour before the rehearsal started and Estelle run to her and gave a hug.
Carl Philip came to the rehearsal 20 minutes late.
Bishop Emeritus and Chief Court Chaplain Lars-Göran Lönnermark and pastor at the Royal Court parish, Michael Bjerkhagen, assist the archbishop during baptism and admitted that there is very little they can say.
- We'll see tomorrow who participates with reading texts and who are soloists, says Lars-Göran Lönnermark.
- We do not go into the details.
Has the princess couple had any requests?
- All the time, Lars-Göran Lönnermark said.
Michael Bjerkhagen adds:
- It is as it should be. It's always fun when the parents have wishes. It is above all the music to what you can influence.
Här genrepar de i hemlighet inför dopet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Leonore
https://instagram.com/p/8qfRZZu4sf/?taken-by=pelletnilsson
Estelle and grandmother Ewa Westling
https://instagram.com/p/8qfj-oBr_a/

Last edited:
Carl Philip doesn't seem to adhere to the Swedish saying "punktlighet är en dygd" (punctuality is a virtue) as he arrived almost half an hour late to the baptism rehearsal, even if he had been at Drottningholm castle earlier in the day. Perhaps Carl Philip thinks the saying "fint folk kommer sent" (important people arrive late) is a truer saying.

Carl Philip doesn't seem to adhere to the Swedish saying "punktlighet är en dygd" (punctuality is a virtue) as he arrived almost half an hour late to the baptism rehearsal, even if he had been at Drottningholm castle earlier in the day. Perhaps Carl Philip thinks the saying "fint folk kommer sent" (important people arrive late) is a truer saying.
Or maybe... he had a reason.. or the others were early... or he had told them he'd be late... or he's a douche not caring for time... or he hates Madeleine... or it was traffick... THere are a thousand possiblities so I prefer not to project some bad image on him for him being late. We don't know the circumstances :)

The only thing that is clear is that it is Emma's private life. It is her and her husband's business. Everything else is of no importance except to them. I am sure that Emma's life is exactly the way she wants with her husband as the center. No one else should even be interested.

I'm surprised to see Ewa there; I thought the next time the Westlings attended a royal christening is for Victoria's and Daniel's 2nd child. And I doubt she is there as the babysitter; Estelle has a nanny.

Carl Philip showing up 20 minutes late for the rehearsal. Really? Whatever his excuse it better be a good one.

Emma opened herself up for more scrutiny ever since her public reaction to CP's comment of not knowing true love until Sofia (pre-wedding interview). Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason why she's not at the baptism. Granted, CP was a jerk when he said that, but she should have kept her head down after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom