The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
They weren't on a lunch, they were at a dinner. There were also Emma Pernald and Charlotte Kreuger Cederlund. From Madeleine's good friends Lovisa de Geer, Louise Cronstedt and Sofi Fahrman weren't at the dinner. Sofi lives partly abroad. Not all Madeleine's girlfriends can be godparent to Nicolas.
That is exactly what I wanted to say.
You have to choose between several possible candidates
Not every one can win the prize.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The chose of the godparents shows that Chris's relationship with his sisters from his father's side isn't very close. I expected that one of them would have been chosen as a godparent now.
Photos from the godparents arriving to the rehearsal
De blir faddrar till prins Nicolas _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Emma was at Madeleine's hen party in Switzerland. Emma was at Madeleine's wedding, like all of those who were at the hen party. All of those who were at the hen party, except Emma, were at Leonore's christening. Emma has been seen every summer with Madeleine and her friends spending time together and this week when Madeleine arrived to Stockholm, Emma was with her when she spent an evening with her closest friends. So Emma would just miss two christenings of the children of one of her closest friends, just because she wasn't interested to attend? No way. The reason is very clear.
Yes so clear. And you give so much 'power' has this person.

for the baptism of leonor where it is not yet part of the family, but she already decided you think. And if it was a mutual agreement, not, it is better to follow the stories of the press. or your own scenario

Old 10-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Is Madeleine not a grown woman who makes her own decisions? Why would what Sofia or her husband want be taken into consideration that is ridiculous. The press like stirring up drama where there is none. The problem is people buy the nonsense and believe it and blame Sofia. If Emma is there and a God parent fine if not I'm sure the decision will have been made for a good reason.
I'm afraid it is not entirely her decision to make. If the Royal House tells her that person X or Y cannot attend, then person X or Y will not be invited. As the King is the head of the Royal House and the King always bows to CP's wishes, it is pretty clear to me why Emma won't be there.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe Emma was not happy with the fact that the press made her already one of the biggest favorites before the parents could decide.
Puts you in an akward position.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I'm afraid it is not entirely her decision to make. If the Royal House tells her that person X or Y cannot attend, then person X or Y will not be invited. As the King is the head of the Royal House and the King always bows to CP's wishes, it is pretty clear to me why Emma won't be there.
Yes, it is always the King who has the last word.

Expressen tells that Ewa Westling arrived to Drottningholm about an hour before the rehearsal started and Estelle run to her and gave a hug.
Carl Philip came to the rehearsal 20 minutes late.
Bishop Emeritus and Chief Court Chaplain Lars-Göran Lönnermark and pastor at the Royal Court parish, Michael Bjerkhagen, assist the archbishop during baptism and admitted that there is very little they can say.
- We'll see tomorrow who participates with reading texts and who are soloists, says Lars-Göran Lönnermark.
- We do not go into the details.
Has the princess couple had any requests?
- All the time, Lars-Göran Lönnermark said.
Michael Bjerkhagen adds:
- It is as it should be. It's always fun when the parents have wishes. It is above all the music to what you can influence.
Här genrepar de i hemlighet inför dopet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Leonore
https://instagram.com/p/8qfRZZu4sf/?...=pelletnilsson
Estelle and grandmother Ewa Westling
https://instagram.com/p/8qfj-oBr_a/
Old 10-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

Here is Prince Nicolas' Monogram outside of Drottningholm.
https://instagram.com/p/8qJ-TpSGBw/
Old 10-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Carl Philip doesn't seem to adhere to the Swedish saying "punktlighet är en dygd" (punctuality is a virtue) as he arrived almost half an hour late to the baptism rehearsal, even if he had been at Drottningholm castle earlier in the day. Perhaps Carl Philip thinks the saying "fint folk kommer sent" (important people arrive late) is a truer saying.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Carl Philip doesn't seem to adhere to the Swedish saying "punktlighet är en dygd" (punctuality is a virtue) as he arrived almost half an hour late to the baptism rehearsal, even if he had been at Drottningholm castle earlier in the day. Perhaps Carl Philip thinks the saying "fint folk kommer sent" (important people arrive late) is a truer saying.
Or maybe... he had a reason.. or the others were early... or he had told them he'd be late... or he's a douche not caring for time... or he hates Madeleine... or it was traffick... THere are a thousand possiblities so I prefer not to project some bad image on him for him being late. We don't know the circumstances :)
Old 10-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Emma was at Madeleine's hen party in Switzerland. Emma was at Madeleine's wedding, like all of those who were at the hen party. All of those who were at the hen party, except Emma, were at Leonore's christening. Emma has been seen every summer with Madeleine and her friends spending time together and this week when Madeleine arrived to Stockholm, Emma was with her when she spent an evening with her closest friends. So Emma would just miss two christenings of the children of one of her closest friends, just because she wasn't interested to attend? No way. The reason is very clear.
The only thing that is clear is that it is Emma's private life. It is her and her husband's business. Everything else is of no importance except to them. I am sure that Emma's life is exactly the way she wants with her husband as the center. No one else should even be interested.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Nobility

I'm surprised to see Ewa there; I thought the next time the Westlings attended a royal christening is for Victoria's and Daniel's 2nd child. And I doubt she is there as the babysitter; Estelle has a nanny.

Carl Philip showing up 20 minutes late for the rehearsal. Really? Whatever his excuse it better be a good one.

Emma opened herself up for more scrutiny ever since her public reaction to CP's comment of not knowing true love until Sofia (pre-wedding interview). Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason why she's not at the baptism. Granted, CP was a jerk when he said that, but she should have kept her head down after that.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I'm surprised to see Ewa there; I thought the next time the Westlings attended a royal christening is for Victoria's and Daniel's 2nd child. And I doubt she is there as the babysitter; Estelle has a nanny.
I doubt the Westlings are attending at the christening. They are spending the weekend at the Haga Palace and help where needed. Of course they want to be with their granddaughter, nannies can spend some free time.
At Madeleine's wedding the Westlings brought Estelle from the Haga Palace to the church at a car, and at the church was nanny Elisabeth Zimmermann ready if Estelle would have needed her. But Estelle behaved perfectly and the nanny wasn't needed.
Just nu_ familjen förbereder sig vid kyrkan _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 10-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Or maybe... he had a reason.. or the others were early... or he had told them he'd be late... or he's a douche not caring for time... or he hates Madeleine... or it was traffick... THere are a thousand possiblities so I prefer not to project some bad image on him for him being late. We don't know the circumstances :)
You don't have to, he is perfectly capable of doing it all alone rather often and he does it well.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Carl Philip showing up 20 minutes late for the rehearsal. Really? Whatever his excuse it better be a good one.

Emma opened herself up for more scrutiny ever since her public reaction to CP's comment of not knowing true love until Sofia (pre-wedding interview). Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason why she's not at the baptism. Granted, CP was a jerk when he said that, but she should have kept her head down after that.
come on. emma has been the living proof of discretion and keeping her head down. she never disclosed any royal details, and proof of that is that even after CP moved on and married someone else, victoria and madeleine are still close friends of hers. CP's comments on never finding love before sofia were inappropriate comments for a gentleman to make to anyone, let alone the press in a public official interview. what was the lady supposed to do? she was publicly bashed, and it seems that this behavior keeps continuing if emma was banned from the baptism due to her past relationship with CP. we shall see tomorrow...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
The event was sceduled at 4 p.m. so he kept the others waiting.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The event was sceduled at 4 p.m. so he kept the others waiting.
Ok. As I said, I don't know the reason. And that's my whole point. His dog could have gotten it's head stuck in a fence for all we know :P
Old 10-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we need to stop infantilizing Madeleine here. This is Madeleine's child's christening. The King may well have the right to veto guests but I doubt he would abuse it like that – and what's more, I doubt Madeleine would accept a such veto of one of her best friends. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty damn sure she would tell CP to suck it up and stop complaining. Madeleine is no pushover.

I still can't believe people are buying this story

Quote:
Sofia was at Madeleine's wedding as well, yet Emma turned up. I'm not sure I get what you're trying to argue? Because, if we're going by the theory that it's a matter of either CP/Sofia or Emma not wanting to see the other, surely they wouldn't all have been at Madeleine's wedding together?

I also don't believe anyone has argued that Emma somehow isn't "interested" in attending the christening, merely pondered whether she might have had prior commitments.

Quote:
Oh yes, what a scoundrel. I, too, demand a thorough statement on the grounds of his tardiness.

Jokes aside. Why automatically assume that he wasn't on time? It might well have been the agreement all along that he should arrive twenty minutes later if he was unable to make it in time.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Why automatically assume that he wasn't on time? It might well have been the agreement all along that he should arrive twenty minutes later if he was unable to make it in time.
As there were no official engagements in his calendar, what pressing reasons could there be that he was unable to arrive in time? If he knew was going to be late, why not inform the others at the rehearsal so that they wouldn't have to wait outdoors for him to arrive.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Because only official engagements are important enough for him to postpone his arrival, or? Perhaps he took his dog to the vet or something like that. The point I'm trying to make is that there's no reason to assume the worst when there are an endless amount of possible explanations. Also, did they all wait outside? I haven't read that. How silly, why not wait inside the church?

Old 10-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Estelle and Gran's prints matched! I just wonder who made the effort - Victoria or Granny? Cute
Old 10-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
As there were no official engagements in his calendar, what pressing reasons could there be that he was unable to arrive in time? If he knew was going to be late, why not inform the others at the rehearsal so that they wouldn't have to wait outdoors for him to arrive.

Sometimes the assumptions that are made are astonishing. We have no idea why he arrived after the other family members. He may not even have been late as we don't know what he may have done or been prior to arriving and if he was expected even later than occurred.

The godparents were most likely chosen quite some time ago. Godparents often have special gifts purchased or made for their god children. Often the gifts are engraved. To inform someone they are going to be a god parent a few days prior to the baptism just isn't done. The dinner with her girlfriends was perhaps just a reason to get together while Madeleine was in Stockholm.