The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess maggie View Post
Sofia imo has enough self confidence not to be intimidated by anyone. I did not follow CP and Emma's relationship but from what I read Emma is equally well grounded. If Emma were present the focus of the day and the headlines in Monday's papers would be about Emma and Princess Sofia not about the new prince. Maybe the PR of the court or Emma and her husband decided to avoid all the attention.

it sounds very logical, but it is so much easier to always attack the same people
and then you have to sell paper,

Old 10-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree. Aftonbladet is a rag. Not a Hänt extra "triplets on the cover"-rag but a rag none the less. Ofc this was the story they would be going with. We have no proof more than Emma saying she won't be there.
Yes. But one can think that Emma, who has been described as a very nice and smart woman, would attend at the christenings of the child of her very close friend. It doesn't seem very likely that she would miss two christenings on her own reason. As Madeleine's close friend she certainly gets the dates as soon as they have been decided.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Nobility

If true, it is very messed up for Carl Philip and Sofia to object to Emma being a guest at Nicolas' christening.

If Emma was named Nicolas' godmother, along with Carl Philip, I would give Madeleine a great big , and for pulling that move, nevertheless Carl Philip and Sofia should just grin and bear it.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes. But one can think that Emma, who has been described as a very nice and smart woman, would attend at the christenings of the child of her very close friend. It doesn't seem very likely that she would miss two christenings on her own reason. As Madeleine's close friend she certainly gets the dates as soon as they have been decided.
It's probably "on their own decision" as in her not wanting to be the story. Hence taking the decision to sit that one out and hang out with the family on non-official time instead.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is such a questionable story, a standard tabloid piece meant to scapegoat Sofia yet again, and I honestly can't believe that people fall for it (or, well, if you're adamant to believe the worst about Sofia, I suppose it makes sense that some believe it). If Madeleine truly wanted Emma to be godmother of Nicolas, it would happen, regardless of CP and Sofia's feelings on the matter. It is not for CP and Sofia to decide the godparents and least of all the guest list. In the unlikely case that CP and Sofia somehow have complained about the choice of godparents/guests, I trust Madeleine to be old enough to tell them to mind their own business and Emma to withstand a possible pressure (? I'm still not sure what people are arguing – that CP and Sofia have pressured her to quit the christening AND role of godmother?) on her to say no. But again, this sounds so unreliable because the Madeleine I know is a girl with a mind of her own who won't let others push her around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Let us keep in our head that it is Aftonbladet. No idea how it looks? See Aftonbladet: Sveriges nyhetskälla och mötesplats and the whole lay-out already screams: "gutter press". Take it with the necessary kilos of salt, please.
I agree wholeheartedly. This is pure gossip. But alas, it's a Sofia-critical article so some people won't miss the chance of getting to jump on her.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree
We cant believe all the tabloid stories
Old 10-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Even if it is true it would be awkward for everyone. Imagine the opposite. In a future baptism of Carl-Phil child was invited or godfather the former fiancé of Madeleine.
Awkward.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
According to Aftonbladet Emma Pernald would not just have been a guest, Madeleine wanted her as a godparent, but Sofia didn't like that idea. Källa: Hon skulle ha blivit prins Nicolas fadder – portas nu från kyrkan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
As I had written in another thread, I was expecting that to happen. Assuming it is true, it looks very childish and silly on CP's and Sofia's part and it's a shame that they are ruining things for Madeleine.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Even if it is true it would be awkward for everyone. Imagine the opposite. In a future baptism of Carl-Phil child was invited or godfather the former fiancé of Madeleine.
Awkward.
+1
that's the word : Awkward
Old 10-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I will not go on baptism- confirmed Emma Pernald to Expressen.
Why?

Well, after reading Emma's comment, to me it is pretty clear that something in spot on. And I totally rely on this, because it is not the first time that Emma has released a comment on a mag, if she were contacted.

Källa: Hon skulle ha blivit prins Nicolas fadder – portas nu från kyrkan | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

- For different reasons. Reasons that are not needed to be shared with the media-
- It is clear that it is a pity since Princess Madeleine and I are good friends.-
Does it deal with Carl Philip?
- I said, the causes are not needed to be shared with the media
Old 10-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has updated their article I posted earlier:
Margareta Thorgren says in a later comment that it is Chris O'Neill and Princess Madeleine who made the decision.
Is it true that it is Princess Madeleine's and Chris O'Neill's will that is behind that Emma Pernald may not come to baptism on Sunday?
- We're not talking about who is invited in advance. We show the guest list on Sunday. Otherwise, when it comes to the guest list the court doesn't comment on who is invited and not invited.
Margareta Thorgren confirms also who made the decision about who should be invited to the christening.
- The guest list is determined by the royal couple and the princess couple, says Thorgren in a text message to Expressen.

Emma is one of Madeleine's best friends and of course doesn't want to hurt her. But I don't also think that Madeleine would ask Emma to lie to the press. Emma could have stopped all speculation by saying "I don't attend at the christening because unfortunately I have another (family) event to attend" or something like that, if that would be true.
But as she said what she said, I interpret it like that the reason is that she is Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend and someone doesn't want her to the chapel, there could be many reasons to that. I say still that since Emma could attend at Madeleine's wedding and prince Carl Philip and miss Sofia Hellqvist were there, why she can't attend at a christening where prince Carl Philip and princess Sofia attend?
Old 10-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Majesty

i do hope that emma is invited and gets to be godmother if that was madeleine's wish, i see no reason for CP and sofia to complain about that. however, after reading your comments, i will put a pinch of salt to the news and wait until the christening to see what happens (is emma there? is she godmother?) to emit my judgement. maybe the press wants to keep tarnishing the already tarnished image sofia has...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Christening of Prince Nicolas: October 11, 2015

If true it's all a bit childish isn't it?! As a guest you have no say in who else gets invited to an event. If you don't like some other guest you just shut up, smile and try to behave. #manners

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

for the baptism of leonor, she was invited, and cancel as in the final moments, due to 'illness'
and at the time, sofia and carl philip were not married, so there I do not think sofia may have had some influence, is not it,
Old 10-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why is Emma being dragged into this beautiful family event?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

As Archduchesse Zelia said, I can't believe people are falling for this story. There is nothing that sells better in the tabloids than "girl fights". Just ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
This is such a questionable story, a standard tabloid piece meant to scapegoat Sofia yet again, and I honestly can't believe that people fall for it (or, well, if you're adamant to believe the worst about Sofia, I suppose it makes sense that some believe it). If Madeleine truly wanted Emma to be godmother of Nicolas, it would happen, regardless of CP and Sofia's feelings on the matter. It is not for CP and Sofia to decide the godparents and least of all the guest list. In the unlikely case that CP and Sofia somehow have complained about the choice of godparents/guests, I trust Madeleine to be old enough to tell them to mind their own business and Emma to withstand a possible pressure (? I'm still not sure what people are arguing – that CP and Sofia have pressured her to quit the christening AND role of godmother?) on her to say no. But again, this sounds so unreliable because the Madeleine I know is a girl with a mind of her own who won't let others push her around.
You have said what I think about this possible issue much better than I could. Sofia is a grown woman, and as others have said she seems strong enough to be able to deal with such situations. I think she would also be old enough realise that Emma isn't there just to stir things between her and Carl Philip but more because she is friends with Madeleine herself.
I think this article is more likely a case of Aftonbladet wanting to write about something because there's not much exciting royal news until the christening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Why is Emma being dragged into this beautiful family event?
As has been mentioned previously in this thread she is close friends with Madeleine and therefore is still in contact with the SRF. It was just because Aftonbladet claimed Emma hasn't been invited as per Sofia's wishes that she is now being discussed.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
You have said what I think about this possible issue much better than I could. Sofia is a grown woman, and as others have said she seems strong enough to be able to deal with such situations. I think she would also be old enough realise that Emma isn't there just to stir things between her and Carl Philip but more because she is friends with Madeleine herself.
I think this article is more likely a case of Aftonbladet wanting to write about something because there's not much exciting royal news until the christening.

As has been mentioned previously in this thread she is close friends with Madeleine and therefore is still in contact with the SRF. It was just because Aftonbladet claimed Emma hasn't been invited as per Sofia's wishes that she is now being discussed.
I understand Emma is good friends with Madeleine and the royal family, but there's really no need to drag her into this and make it seem like Sofia is keeping her away. If she's invited, then she'll attend, if she's not, she won't be there. I just think folks need to let it go now.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I understand Emma is good friends with Madeleine and the royal family, but there's really no need to drag into this and make it seem like Sofia is keeping her away. If she's invited, then she'll attend, if she's not, she won't be there. I just think folks need to let it go now.
I must've misread your post - my apologies.
Then I agree, if Emma is invited she will turn up. As I said in my previous post it would be rather childish if Sofia made Madeleine not invite Emma which is why I think this story is just another gossip article.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i do hope that emma is invited and gets to be godmother if that was madeleine's wish, i see no reason for CP and sofia to complain about that. however, after reading your comments, i will put a pinch of salt to the news and wait until the christening to see what happens (is emma there? is she godmother?) to emit my judgement. maybe the press wants to keep tarnishing the already tarnished image sofia has...
Sofia doesn't really have a tarnished image. She's been actually very successful in her new role as princess judging from the official events she has attended since getting back from her honeymoon. The fact that she took seminude pictures and was on a reality TV show a long time ago is an issue mostly in English-speaking countries only (and maybe also in Germany), but not really in Sweden.